Final upgrade installed. Finally

I have something to smile about. :D

I'm in hospital right now, getting home on Tuesday, and I have finally(!!!!!) had the operation to fix me. Woohoo!!!!! And as a secondary "Woohoo", I have an answer to what da fuq went wrong. 

It turns out that my pelvis never healed properly after my accident. It was all joined back together, but  the pubis symphesis wasn't stable. Like, at all! (un?)Fortunately for me there was a huge amount of scar tissue all around the pelvis, and scar tissue is fairly rigid and inflexible, which gave the impression that the pelvis itself was stable. 

So... Off I toddle for 3 years, slowly building up my strength, flexibility and stamina, and becoming more and more mobile. At the same time however, this scar tissue is doing what scar tissue does. Slowly softening, becoming more supple and flexible. Starting to stretch. It's a slow process though, and you probably wouldn't notice any difference for a few years. Like maybe 3 of them...

Anyways, long story short, I have now had the op the plate the joint and all seems to have gone well apart from the bone density was pretty poor from all the trauma so I now have two months of bed rest ahead of me to allow the whole thing to fuse and strengthen. 

All in all, I'm one very happy bunny. 

Interestingly enough, when my two months are up it will be exactly 5 years since my accident. It's been a long road but hopefully this is me finally on my way to recovery. :D

Woot! Woot!

• Like 8

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

GUZZI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

****Virtually tackle hugs Guzzi across the room******

I am trying to come back and so so so thrilled to see you here and even happier to hear you are a "very happy bunny"!!

• Like 1

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

On 9 June 2016 at 3:02 PM, Carpinus said:

Giant W00t! I'm just respawning after time away from NF. (The artist formerly known as Trolleybags). First port of call was to see how you were doing. This is tremendous news!

Yaaaay!!!! How the heck are you?!!! Sorry for the late reply, I've been doing the sleep thing a lot since getting home, and I also got home to find a letter from the local authority to say that the had been told I had abandoned my property (I've not been week enough to live on my own for some time now so I've been living with the bf) and that the were about to start abandonment procedures. :o Eeeeeeek! Not what you want to be dealing with after a big operation. 

5 hours ago, mitch_dee said:

GUZZI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

****Virtually tackle hugs Guzzi across the room******

I am trying to come back and so so so thrilled to see you here and even happier to hear you are a "very happy bunny"!!

MITCH!!!!!!!!!!! 

**Oooof!**

Thanks for the hug! How have you been mate? So good to hear from you. Xx

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

On 27 August 2016 at 4:39 AM, VintageCustard said:

Guzzi!! Oh my gosh, hiiiiiii! I don't know if you remember me (formerly SillyAnneh), but I've missed reading your posts! Good to be back though, and hope to see more of you around. :) 

Hiiiiiiiiii! I was wondering! I couldn't remember anyone called Vintage Custard, lol! Good to see you back, what have you been up to? :)