Wordwar Z! (Word/Time Goal Tracking, with zombies!)

20 hours ago, UnquietBones said:

I am recovering from being sick

Take it easy. Care for yourself. It is extra hard to tackle even normal tasks when you are sick.

~*~*~*~*~

I just did my word count for the week. Yes, I'd prefer to do 100 words 3 x week, but 300 words total is alright too. :)

• Like 1

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

Sorry all, I wrote up the weekly post for yesterday and then forgot to actually post it! :chargrined: (Been that kind of week/month) I'll get it up as soon as I get home! :)

This last week has been a good reminder to me that improving my health means more that just, well, being healthy-- it means that I am better able to focus on things that are important to me, like writing! :D

• Like 1

Learning the art of Failing Upwards... (or: Moving Mountains with Teaspoons!)

www.Martha.net - Model Horses, Stories, Webcomics, Plaster Casting, Treadmill Gaming, etc... because you can never have too many hobbies!

5 hours ago, UnquietBones said:

This last week has been a good reminder to me that improving my health means more that just, well, being healthy-- it means that I am better able to focus on things that are important to me, like writing! :D

This is an important reason why I changed direction in May to focus on my health even though I need a lot of focus on my writing. The writing will be easier if I get my health to a better place.

• Like 1

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

My hubby made off with the laptop that has my weekly results on it, so you'll have to deal with badge spam instead! ;):lol:

1-Week-Zombie-Safe-Badge-150.jpg2-Weeks-Zombie-Safe-Badge-150.jpg3-Weeks-Zombie-Safe-Badge-150.jpg1-Month-Zombie-Write-Badge-150.jpg

Write-ALL-the-words-Badge-150.jpg For writing every day for a week (In homage to Allie's http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/06/this-is-why-ill-never-be-adult.html)

Write-ALL-the-days-Badge-Color-150.jpgFor writing every day for a MONTH

Ninja-Scroll-Badge.jpgYou have vanquished the ninjas and restored your honor wordcount! (Ninja Scrolls are powerful things.)

Pirate-Escape-Badge-150.jpgYou have rescued your wordcount from pirates! In technicolor even!

• Like 2

www.Martha.net - Model Horses, Stories, Webcomics, Plaster Casting, Treadmill Gaming, etc... because you can never have too many hobbies!

Weekly Zombie/Pirate/Ninja/Vampire-pocalypse!

The challenge results for the week were as follows:

Drop and give me 100!

@UnquietBones came in ZOMBIEFIED with a score of 1/7 for a 100 word a day goal

@Fearkiller is still being munched on by zombies with a score of 2/7 for 500 word a day goal. 

@Jane Eyre Is My Patronus came in safe with a score of 7/7(Second 100% in a row! I even made you a new color badge to aim for :D) for a 500 word a day goal

Couch to 1.667k (30 Days)

@Kelley Gammell is up to day nine and going strong! :D

Writing For The Weekend

@Dagger hit the weekly goal of 300 words! Gogogo! :D:D

Questions and Sidenotes

@Fearkiller are you still doing Random Encounter Tables? I wasn't sure if you wanted to be in hibernation for that or not. :)

@Thrillho Just because you forget we exist... ;):lol:

@Dagger we were counting last last week as a win too, right? If so I'll add you to the 2 Weeks Safe badge list!

Badges!

SO MANY BADGES! :)

Zombies-Ate-My-Wordcount-Badge-150.jpg

@UnquietBones gets a Zombies Ate My Wordcount Badge

Write-ALL-the-words-Badge-150.jpg

@Jane Eyre Is My Patronus gets a Write ALL the Words! Badge (and is gunning for the color monthly badge! :D)

1-Week-Zombie-Safe-Badge-150.jpg

@Kelley Gammell, @Jane Eyre Is My Patron and @Dagger get the 1 Week Safe badge for not getting eaten this week! :) @UnquietBones gets one for not getting eaten last week.

2-Weeks-Zombie-Safe-Badge-150.jpg

@Jane Eyre Is My Patron and @Dagger get a 2 Weeks Safe badge for also not getting eaten last week!

3-Weeks-Zombie-Safe-Badge-150.jpg

And last @Dagger gets a 3 Weeks Safe badge!

• Like 2

Question, oh Valiant Writerly Folks! :D

Should the 1/2/3/etc.Week badges only be for consecutive week wins or cumulative wins? I was thinking cumulative, but I figured I should put it up to vote! :)

I made making my daily word count goal part of my 4 week challenge so I have all the motivation. If I make it, I get to level up! If I don't make it, I get murdered by pirates.

Would it be asking too much to have both cumulative and consecutive? (Also, I can volunteer to help make badges. I have GIMP, though lately I've been feeling incapable of drawing.) 

• Like 2

“Do you know where the wicked go after death?"
"They go to hell," was my ready and orthodox answer.
"And what is hell? Can you tell me that?"
"A pit full of fire."
"And should you like to fall into that pit, and to be burning there for ever?"
"No, sir."
"What must you do to avoid it?"
I deliberated a moment: my answer, when it did come was objectionable: "I must keep in good health and not die.”
Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre

Nerd Fitness Character - Bronte Battle Bog

7 hours ago, UnquietBones said:

@Dagger we were counting last last week as a win too, right? If so I'll add you to the 2 Weeks Safe badge list!

If we also count my 5 day week (since I started in the middle of the week), last week was my third consecutive safe week. Otherwise, it is two weeks now.

7 hours ago, UnquietBones said:

Should the 1/2/3/etc.Week badges only be for consecutive week wins or cumulative wins? I was thinking cumulative, but I figured I should put it up to vote!

I'd love both, but I don't want to make too much work for you. So if both is too much work... I'm not sure which one I'd want.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2016 at 9:19 PM, Jane Eyre Is My Patronus said:

I made making my daily word count goal part of my 4 week challenge so I have all the motivation. If I make it, I get to level up! If I don't make it, I get murdered by pirates.

Would it be asking too much to have both cumulative and consecutive? (Also, I can volunteer to help make badges. I have GIMP, though lately I've been feeling incapable of drawing.) 

Grandpa: Westley didn't reach his destination. His ship was attacked by the Dread Pirate Roberts, who never left captives alive. When Buttercup got the news that Westley was murdered...

The Grandson: Murdered by pirates is good...

Hehehe... But yes, if you'd like to make badges you are more than welcome to! :D I use Paint Shop Pro so I've got the circle template in that default file, what works well with GIMP? I can port the template over to something you can use and upload it here easy enough. We can never have enough badges! :D

On 6/22/2016 at 0:03 AM, Thrillho said:

HOW DID YOU LEARN MY NAME?!?!?!?!

MWHAHAHAHAHA! We haff our vays of making you type... ;):lol:

On 6/22/2016 at 4:42 AM, Dagger said:

If we also count my 5 day week (since I started in the middle of the week), last week was my third consecutive safe week. Otherwise, it is two weeks now.

I'd love both, but I don't want to make too much work for you. So if both is too much work... I'm not sure which one I'd want.

I'll go update it then! :D Sorry, I was out sick yesterday and my brain wasn't running on all cylinders Tuesday. :P

We've got two votes for both cumulative and non-cumulative, so I'll see what I can doodle! :D (I had this crazy NyQuil-induced idea of making the cumulative ones into this whole little one-panel cartoon adventure comic. *ponders*)

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, UnquietBones said:

I had this crazy NyQuil-induced idea of making the cumulative ones into this whole little one-panel cartoon adventure comic. *ponders*

This sounds seriously cool, but also a lot of work. If you enjoy it, go for it! :D

• Like 2

On 6/23/2016 at 11:23 AM, UnquietBones said:

Grandpa: Westley didn't reach his destination. His ship was attacked by the Dread Pirate Roberts, who never left captives alive. When Buttercup got the news that Westley was murdered...

The Grandson: Murdered by pirates is good...

Hehehe... But yes, if you'd like to make badges you are more than welcome to! :D I use Paint Shop Pro so I've got the circle template in that default file, what works well with GIMP? I can port the template over to something you can use and upload it here easy enough. We can never have enough badges! :D

We've got two votes for both cumulative and non-cumulative, so I'll see what I can doodle! :D (I had this crazy NyQuil-induced idea of making the cumulative ones into this whole little one-panel cartoon adventure comic. *ponders*)

One-panel cartoons would be cool! jpgs and pngs are both good. jpgs are probably easier (smaller.) Do you need my e-mail? 

• Like 1

"A pit full of fire."
"No, sir."
I deliberated a moment: my answer, when it did come was objectionable: "I must keep in good health and not die.”

1 hour ago, Jane Eyre Is My Patronus said:

One-panel cartoons would be cool! jpgs and pngs are both good. jpgs are probably easier (smaller.) Do you need my e-mail? 

Easy enough! I can put them up on my website when I get home and post a link here. :)

Here you go! :) 

They are 736x726 and I resize the template down to 150x148 wide to make the badges. This template is a little smaller that the first few badges since I didn't make it until afterwords (doh!) as you can see below. You can do larger or smaller, just keep them around the same size. :D

Circle-Template.png

Circle-Template.jpg

Zombies-Ate-My-Wordcount-Badge-150.jpgPirate-Escape-Badge-150.jpg

• Like 2

@UnquietBones: If you are wondering, my zero word count for last week is correct. I guess I'll lose some word blood to vampires.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dagger said:

@UnquietBones: If you are wondering, my zero word count for last week is correct. I guess I'll lose some word blood to vampires.

I failed miserably at escaping the Zombies this week, so I feel your pain. *headdesk*

But tomorrows another week! :D

I'll get the updates posted when I get home and I have some new badges... The cumulative week wins did turn out to be a webcomic-ish thing, so I hope folks enjoy the story! :)

Meh, I don't like the way the new badges are turning out-- so enough procrastinating, time for results! :D And it looks like the real world reared up and made off with a lot of the wordcount for this week. Darn you Wild Tangents of Life! *shakes fist at sky*

Weekly Zombie/Pirate/Ninja/Vampire-pocalypse!

The challenge results for the week were as follows:

Drop and give me 100!

@UnquietBones is still under the sway of the zombies with a score of 2/7 for a 100 word a day goal

@Fearkiller has wandering into the AFK Hills with a score of 0/7 for 500 word a day goal. 

@Jane Eyre Is My Patronus came in safe (again) with a score of 7/7 for a 500 word a day goal :D:D:D

Couch to 1.667k (30 Days)

@Kelley Gammell is holding strong at day nine...

Writing For The Weekend

@Dagger missed the weekly wordcount for the first time so the vampires are only a heartbeat away! (Two missed weekly goals means it's Vampire Nibbling time)

Questions and Sidenotes

The new badges just aren't coming out the way I hoped, but back to the drawing board! There will be continuous week wins... just not right now? ;):lol:

Badges!

3-Weeks-Zombie-Safe-Badge-150.jpg

@Jane Eyre Is My Patron gets a 3 Weeks Safe badge!

• Like 1

I'm sorry, I didn't get any drawing done this week at all. 

• Like 1

"A pit full of fire."
"No, sir."

1 hour ago, Jane Eyre Is My Patronus said:

I'm sorry, I didn't get any drawing done this week at all. 

No worries! You've been rocking your wordcount and that's what matters! :D

• Like 3

@Fearkiller has wandering into the AFK Hills with a score of 0/7 for 500 word a day goal.

too long;didn't read Long term sleep deprivation has some amazingly fucked up side effects,

and after that I just.. didn't. Been avoiding writing for.. some reason. 'Laziness, fear, afraid of dealing with recent personal issues

unrelated to writing, maybe..? And seems to me you can do everything else but writing just fine..' Conscience, not fuc-*mm-mhhff!!*  Yeah. Sorry. You didn't like that. But not! now! And what the ... You're not supposed to guilt trip me anyway!

'..Whatevs. But you know I'm not gonna go anywhere ^-^'

*rubs face real good* Bahhh..

Okay, at first I had a real sleep deprivation issue. It has some amazing fucked up size effects.

Let's just say I was starting to wonder if I am the same person anymore. And if you have to start asking the question

"Who the hell am I anymore?" seriously, because you don't know anymore.. Yeahh. It was.. interesting.

I was bubbling with ideas, like all the fucking time. But they felt like bullshit. But now I regret I didn't write them down!
Pisses me off a little okay, maybe more than a fucking little, that every mistake has to be done at least once, and if I know myself,
fucking thrice to learn.

Sorry about the swearing, btw. I'm just angry that I didn't. That's all, but it is quite enough.

But alright. Lesson learned.

When you have something, write.

It's nice I  still remember them, though.

So.. Where am I? Whaa..

Actually 296 words today?

Well if that isn't nice..

Will do better from now on.

Promise.

And I'm still doing the Random Encounters. Working on '32. Verb/action: Fighting'
at the moment.

More of Flames and the.. other, what's-his-name? "Jake!"

"No! Fuck it isn't, it's Mark. Jake."

"Flames!

The fuck're you doing?

It's not my name!"

"I like Jake better <3"

"Oh for fucks sake.."

"..Jake. <3"

'That's better. <3'

• Like 2

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

3 hours ago, Fearkiller said:

too long;didn't read Long term sleep deprivation has some amazingly fucked up side effects,

and after that I just.. didn't. Been avoiding writing for.. some reason. 'Laziness, fear, afraid of dealing with recent personal issues

unrelated to writing, maybe..? And seems to me you can do everything else but writing just fine..' Conscience, not fuc-*mm-mhhff!!*  Yeah. Sorry. You didn't like that. But not! now! And what the ... You're not supposed to guilt trip me anyway!

'..Whatevs. But you know I'm not gonna go anywhere ^-^'

I know that feeling way too well. :( I have more text files that I like to think about labeled 'junk' and 'test' from when my muses were refusing to work and I just dumped train-of-thought onto the page. It's crazily negative stuff, but I don't want to delete them... because writing? I dunno. But you've resurfaced and you have wordcount done which is awesome! YAYAYAYAYAY! :D

And good gravy Flames, first you dye him colors and now you're hijacking his name? You fictive are such a Flames. *tsks* :lol:

Alrighty, one day down... two more to escape the zombies! :D

And I've officially thrown out my idea that only words in the current working 'verse count. I need all the help I can get! :P Back to just running with whatever happens to be in my head at the time... *rolls up sleeves*

Anyone else going to be playing in the crazy that is July Camp NaNoWriMo? :D

Camp-Participant-2015-Web-Banner.jpg

• Like 1

I know that feeling way too well. :( I have more text files that I like to think about labeled 'junk' and 'test' from when my muses were refusing to work and I just dumped train-of-thought onto the page. It's crazily negative stuff, but I don't want to delete them... because writing? I dunno. But you've resurfaced and you have wordcount done which is awesome! YAYAYAYAYAY! :D

And good gravy Flames, first you dye him colors and now you're hijacking his name? You fictive are such a Flames. *tsks* :lol:

Yes yes and yes. Wait.. Since when did you end up in my head..? :P

It's nice to know I'm not the only one. (Or the 178th for that matter..  :D)

Thank you for giving me that nickname, btw.

As weird as it sounds, I couldn't have come up with that on my own.

It fits so well, yet it's as if it would've been too obvious for me to see..? :D

• Like 2

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker