Hi all, glad to be on your side of this fight.

An Assassin at heart, I aim to train as a ranger in order to be versatile. I am a father of four young 'uns and my promotion last year has me more sedentary than before.

I have recently come to realize that motivation will not get things done so I am working to cultivate some discipline. The plan is to develop a good system for being strong and flexible, ready to help whoever needs help, and do what needs to be done. 

I'm looking forward to meeting you and working together on our quests.

• Like 2

Discipline is a huge struggle of mine. I've been working on it for a few years now, and it has been painfully slow. However, I have some measures that show me I've made progress. So it is possible. And that thought saves me.

Welcome!

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

Thanks Dagger,

On your comment  "When I tell people my goals (especially fitness and nutrition goals), I get the sensation of having done the thing I talked about. That means I lose all momentum and have trouble getting on the horse (or back on the horse if I actually started). "

I totally understand! I thought I might be the only one that deals with this. It has made for so much talk and so little action in my life. My discipline focus right now is to become a doer and not just a talker.

1 minute ago, Amaroq said:

Thanks Dagger,

On your comment  "When I tell people my goals (especially fitness and nutrition goals), I get the sensation of having done the thing I talked about. That means I lose all momentum and have trouble getting on the horse (or back on the horse if I actually started). "

I totally understand! I thought I might be the only one that deals with this. It has made for so much talk and so little action in my life. My discipline focus right now is to become a doer and not just a talker.

I didn't know that was happening until I read about it on some blog; I recognized what they were talking about when they said public announcement doesn't work for everyone. So you are not alone, and it was a relief learning that there are more people out there like us.

I haven't suddenly lost all momentum, so hopefully by getting a good start on it before saying anything I was already doing it so telling people didn't stop me before I even got started.

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals