Trying to Get Back In Shape

Hello everybody, my name is David. 

I am a 5'11 21 year old male and I currently weigh 247.8 lbs. I picked up Level Up Your Life and decided it's time to get healthy again. I found Nerd Fitness about 4 years ago and it helped me a lot back then. I was lifting three times a week and having fun working with pull ups. I cleaned up my diet and was at a healthy 185 lbs. I kept getting sidetracked and have been slowly putting on weight over the past 4 years. I've tried getting back into the healthy lifestyle but I always end up convincing myself that I can't do it because I'm just going to screw up again. I tell myself that between school and work I have no time to change. But I need to start changing that mindset again. If I did it once then I can do it again.

My current fitness goals are:

• Completely quit smoking 
  • Cut out all the crap that I eat  
  • Lose 60ish lbs
  • Lift 3 times a week
  • Work on body weight exercise
  • Start running again 

Nerdy Facts about me:

• I love playing video games, especially rpg games.
  • I love playing all five colors in magic.
  • I want to play D&D but have no one to play with!
  • Star Wars over Star Trek any day.

Welcome back, David. I'm new here myself but from browsing through some of the forums, you're not alone in returning to NF after a time away.

Your goals look admirable - do you have specifics for them yet? E.g., replace 1 junk food snack a day with a piece of fruit, etc.? The more specific - and it sounds counterintuitive, but small - the goals are, the more likely you'll be successful. 

Congratulations on your previous weight loss, and safe travels on your new journey. 

"'It's time for a few small repairs,' she said." - Shawn Colvin