And this time, it's for life! A couple years ago I had weighed almost 130lbs (I'm only 5', so this isn't a very good look for my frame, IMHO), and through tons of working out (weight machines at the gym 2-3x a week and running 3-5 times a week, usually about 5 miles each time) and some serious calorie restrictions (1200 net calories a day, tracked with My Fitness Pal), I got down to 105lbs. I was ecstatic because I looked good, but was overall cranky and generally very tired.  Life hit and, long story short, I'm back where I started.  Now, I'm trying to get back to my cardio goals (starting with being able to run 5 miles straight) and really want to work on my physical strength as well. I believe the calorie restrictions helped with my weight loss, but I don't believe I could maintain that kind of restriction forever, and I definitely became very obsessive.  Now, I'm just focusing on eating the right kind of foods and keep my portions healthy with lots of water!  I aim to be active every single day (doesn't have to be an hour or more every day or very intense, so long as I am exercising every day to get in the habit). 

This time, I'm not aiming for weight loss - I'm just aiming to be a lifelong healthy person.  I found this site a while back, but didn't use it to its potential. I'd like to start over and surround myself with as much positive energy as possible!  I'm looking forward to really doing things right this time. :D

• Like 3

I have no idea how much 5' is, but I assume that is quite short. (European here, so forgive me). Ah yeah, the cranky part. Rest more! Enjoy more! Something like that.

I think you are already on the right track!

Recovering from an epic clash with gravity, which I lost.

Nobody gets out of life, alive || Senpai noticed me! || Company of unemployed superheroes

Trying to get back on the forums and back in exercising in life any help motivation is welcome

And this time, it's for life! A couple years ago I had weighed almost 130lbs (I'm only 5', so this isn't a very good look for my frame, IMHO), and through tons of working out (weight machines at the gym 2-3x a week and running 3-5 times a week, usually about 5 miles each time) and some serious calorie restrictions (1200 net calories a day, tracked with My Fitness Pal), I got down to 105lbs. I was ecstatic because I looked good, but was overall cranky and generally very tired.  Life hit and, long story short, I'm back where I started.  Now, I'm trying to get back to my cardio goals (starting with being able to run 5 miles straight) and really want to work on my physical strength as well. I believe the calorie restrictions helped with my weight loss, but I don't believe I could maintain that kind of restriction forever, and I definitely became very obsessive.  Now, I'm just focusing on eating the right kind of foods and keep my portions healthy with lots of water!  I aim to be active every single day (doesn't have to be an hour or more every day or very intense, so long as I am exercising every day to get in the habit). 

This time, I'm not aiming for weight loss - I'm just aiming to be a lifelong healthy person.  I found this site a while back, but didn't use it to its potential. I'd like to start over and surround myself with as much positive energy as possible!  I'm looking forward to really doing things right this time. [emoji3]

Welcome! Will be following for encouragement!

Goal Weight: 145

Current Challenge

14 hours ago, Shakeel_R said:

I have no idea how much 5' is, but I assume that is quite short. (European here, so forgive me). Ah yeah, the cranky part. Rest more! Enjoy more! Something like that.

I think you are already on the right track!

1.5 meters, she's a bitty li'l thing. ;)

Welcome to the forums, Angel.  Glad to have you aboard.

• Like 1

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?