Friday Fav Five

Favorite song of the week: It Is Written - Nahko and Medicine for the People

What I'm reading this week: Sword of Truth - Book 11 - Confessor 

What I'm watching: The Mindy Project

Favorite game of the week: Blacksmith Lab Idle - phone game

Favorite moment of the week: During game night playing Pathfinder.  Being attacked by big dude with a Vorpal blade. Right as GM rolls for first attack against us I use a Sudden block ability, makes him have to roll twice and take the lowest number. First roll was natural 20, second was a 1 :) Saved my head! (was also the only nat 20 he rolled against us the whole night)

My wife follows a guy that sends out a weekly list of his favorite things from the week and I really liked the idea so wanted to do the same. Feel free to posts your agreements, disagreements, or your own favorite things. 

I'm also hoping to use this as a way to look back in the future at what I was doing before.

Favorite song of the week: Freaks - Timmy Trumpet  - works well into my running playlist

What I'm reading this week: Law of Nines - Terry Goodkind

What I'm watching: The Mindy Project (don't really know why I'm still watching this. Everytime I'm about to quit something happens that keeps me going a few more)

Favorite game of the week: Minecraft - XBox One

Favorite moment of the week: Finding this song :) 

Favorite song this week: Love They Say - Tegan and Sara

What I'm reading this week: Samba - Alma Guillermoprieto

What I'm watching: Supersize vs Superskinny (I love how much emphasis they put on the dangers of being underweight, and how little time they spend focusing on shock tactics or made-up drama)

Favorite game of the week: 3DS Puzzle Swap 

Favorite moment of the week: Every day this week when I got home my neighbor's dog was waiting for me. 

• Like 1

Been sick for little over a week and haven't felt like posting. But it's monday and i'm feeling better so guess I'll late posting :)

Favorite song of the week: Weathered - Jack Garratt    such an amazing song, I love his voice

What I'm reading this week: Omen Machine - Terry Goodkind    Honestly really tired of this series, but final books been written so going through all of them to finish it out once and for all, got 3 books left. 

What I'm watching: Skin Wars     Body painting compitition

Favorite game of the week: Pokemon Go    Yeah I got into it, never played any pokemon games growing up, but have a few friends who are playing so I picked it up. Kind of fun but my attention is starting to wan on it pretty quickly.

Favorite moment of the week: This one is really hard for me this week with being sick. But that's why I also like this is it makes me sit and think and find the good things. Gonna have to say it was getting a message from a friend thanking me for encouraging her to do something. It made me feel good.

19 hours ago, MaladroitGrounder said:

I just wanted to drop in and say I love this idea! Might join you if I can remember every week. 

You can follow threads! That way only one person has to remember to post something each week, and you'll be notified of the update. You could even choose weekly updates if you don't want to be bombarded! The follow button is at the top of every thread, on the right. 

Favorite song of the week: HAPPINESS - NEEDTOBREATHE  - Love this song, the whole new album is amazing but this song stands out to me.

What I'm reading this week: The Third Kingom - Terry Goodkind    Been getting tired of his writings, but this book is so far pretty good. 

What I'm watching: The Wrong Mans - Hulu original series

Favorite game of the week: AdCapitialist Ventures -  Phone game I've actually been playing for a long time. New update that's got me playing a lot again.

Favorite moment of the week: Daring my friend to eat 10 jack-in-the-box tacos and then watching her hate herself after the first 4 as she slowly finished off the rest. Yes I know not a very healthy thing to do, and I wasn't really trying to make her do it, but she wouldn't back down after the dare and so just kept on going as me, my wife and her husband laughed at her misery. 

Favorite song of the week: Pick up the phone - Lupe Fiasco Not my usual style of music, but really enjoying it

What I'm reading this week: Severed Souls - Terry Goodkind

What I'm watching: The Wrong Mans - still on this one, it's a really short series only about 10-11 episodes, but been involved with playing games with my wife instead of watching tv.

Favorite game of the week: Minecraft PC - I just built 2 computers so me and my wife can play minecraft together. Been really great so far, we're both enjoying it a lot. 

Favorite moment of the week: Wish I had a moment that really stood out to me this week, but I'm really drawing a blank. My week has been very repetitious it feels like. Really my favorite moment of the week was just out driving around with my wife. 

Favorite Song: Fight Like A Girl - Emilie Auburn Don't really like the style of singing but the lyrics are great and it's very upbeat

What I'm Reading: NF Forums? I've got a fic exchange due today so I've been pretty nose to the grindstone

What I'm Watching: Old episodes of Glee for background noise

Favorite Game: ...Pokemon HeartGold

Favorite Moment: hugs from my parents. I came home for the weekend. 

I keep forgetting to comment on Fridays but hopefully Saturday is close enough!

On 7/30/2016 at 10:20 AM, tyrannosaurus rose said:

Favorite Song: Fight Like A Girl - Emilie Auburn Don't really like the style of singing but the lyrics are great and it's very upbeat

What I'm Reading: NF Forums? I've got a fic exchange due today so I've been pretty nose to the grindstone

What I'm Watching: Old episodes of Glee for background noise

Favorite Game: ...Pokemon HeartGold

Favorite Moment: hugs from my parents. I came home for the weekend. 

I keep forgetting to comment on Fridays but hopefully Saturday is close enough!

Love that someone else is participating, feel free to post anytime during the week and change up your own 5 things to whatever you like to keep track of. Doesn't have to be the same 5 I track.

Edit: Interesting song, I understand what you mean by style, but I kind of like it

1 hour ago, XyonsWrath said:

Love that someone else is participating, feel free to post anytime during the week and change up your own 5 things to whatever you like to keep track of. Doesn't have to be the same 5 I track.

Edit: Interesting song, I understand what you mean by style, but I kind of like it

I'm happy to be here! I think it's good to keep records of things like this just in case. If I only keep records of areas where I have goals, when I look back I'll think all I did was try to improve. I want to have proof that I also just goofed off a lot.

In line with that, I actually really like the favorites you're tracking since they're so whimsical and actually do change week by week, but I'll see if I can come up with some other ones. I'll also probably keep trying to post on Fridays (because the alliteration is memorable) but if/when I forget, good to know I don't have to worry about it!

It is an interesting song, isn't it? But much angrier than I usually am. It does sort of grow on you, though. 

Was out last week on a business trip so posting late.

Favorite song of the week: #FreeTitties - Emmalyn   -  OK don't judge me on this :) I came across it and it's just really catchy and actually makes a good running song.

What I'm reading this week: Didn't really read anything this week, been sitting in Jury Duty or sitting in a business conference. 

What I'm watching: Stranger Things - Netflix Orginal, Wow really good show, watched it while sitting in my hotel room. Want to watch it again now with my wife.

Favorite game of the week: Township - Phone game, been a good time killer. 

Favorite moment of the week: So in Jury Duty I had to stand up in front of a crowd of 60 and explain my beliefs even through everyone else in the room was just going with the flow and agreeing with the lawyer interviewing us. Got complimented afterwards for standing up for what I believe in.