Yay! A new chance. I was a budding assassin a couple of years back. I fell off the NF ship because I'm really busy and don't have much time to weave wondrous tales of fitness. So, I just did what I knew I had to get back into shape, even though I stopped posting here. Over a few months I lost 15 pounds and had been eating really clean for months.

Then after years of being hampered by a bad knee (turns out I had a torn ACL for years and a torn meniscus for probably half as long) I had to have knee surgery in February of 2015. When I filled my prescription for my pain meds before my surgery, I also bought 5 bags of pepperidge farm cookies. That explains what's happened since my surgery.

Right now I'm eating fairly clean, but I haven't been able to eat as clean as I was before and I've actually gained weight lately. I'm not into fad diets and know it's a lifestyle change, but I need to see some fast results to stay on course. I just started inline skating again and took my first fall to my knees since surgery. It didn't hurt and I considered that a great success. So, I got over the mental hurdle of worrying about hurting my knee. Now, I need to get back in shape so I can do the things I used to do, since my knee is ready. 

So, I'm back and I'm going to see how much weight I can lose in a month. That's my goal right now, because on August 1st I'm spending a week in Crested Butte with my husband and a couple of other couples. I won't be able to mountain bike with them, but hopefully I'll at least feel a little bit better about myself around these super fit people.

• Like 1

Level 2 Rocky Mountain Hobbit Adventurer

STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 2 | CHA 1

Current Challenge

Battle Log | Challenges:  1 2

Becoming The Sapling (lose 40 lbs.) = 8.5% Complete

"First thing you do is you don't stop. Second thing you do is you keep going." - Frank Zappa

On 6/26/2016 at 6:53 AM, Rebe_J said:

I can relate to a lot of what you posted.

You hooked me with the Zappa quote.

Good luck!

I love Zappa!

Level 2 Rocky Mountain Hobbit Adventurer

STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 2 | CHA 1

Current Challenge

Battle Log | Challenges:  1 2

Becoming The Sapling (lose 40 lbs.) = 8.5% Complete

"First thing you do is you don't stop. Second thing you do is you keep going." - Frank Zappa