Running, jumping, and climbing trees!

Made a 15 lb sandbag with Dad for lifts and Spartan stuff, and picked up my bike.

Completed day 2 of 22for22 (11 wall pushups and 11 on the 4th stair...the insertion point of my pecs is sore!)

My ankle is a bit sore and swollen from kicking with my foot pointed down, but it's just a tiny dorsiflexor strain I think. I've been icing and NSAID'ing today, so it'll be grand. 

Now I'm going to drink some bailey's and eat some popcorn, cause it's my mom's Friday and we're having a girls night at home!

Oh @Traxex, I froze some watermelon and made those margaritas! Ohemgee so good!!

• Like 1

Completed 1st sandbag workout today...not sure I did the deadlifts correctly as my lower back is a little bit sore now...I may need to YouTube proper form to make sure I'm not doing it wrong! But I felt overall good after, though my legs are kind of sore and tired.

This is the conundrum of exercise: they say, "exercise to feel better and have more energy," but I'm sore and tired from my exercise...hmm. I do feel great in my head space after I exercise, though, so that's a benefit!

I got to hang with my honey for like, 4 hours today! We literally just talked over Skype for 4 hours...There's a reason I'm gonna marry this man! I hope my work schedule works out to having Friday and Saturday off, as he's not usually busy on Fridays. He said he's so proud of me for playing soccer (he's Irish, he's played "football" since he could walk), he gave me some drills to practice on my own, and I invited him to come play with me when he comes for his September visit. 

Speaking of! if I keep this working-out-eating-right business up, I'm gonna knock his socks off when he sees me! (Aka: no more bailey's this week, because moderation.)

Not going to the rodeo as we'd planned, as Dad is not well and mom is sad, so I'm just sitting next to her at Starbucks, keeping her company.

I still need to do my 22 pushups, but I'll probably do that right before bed. Maybe I'll see if the bestie wants to go on a hike in a few hours when it cools down enough to venture back into the wild.

Day 3/22 is done! 2x11 counter pushups. I should probably do a video soon, according to the website's directions...but I'm not sure I want a video record of me struggling to defy gravity in a more-vertical-than-horizontal position lol!

http://www.bjgaddour.com/5-ways-to-make-push-ups-easier-without-doing-them-on-your-knees

Guys!!!!! I learned from @V for Vetinari that I've been doing them pushups all wrong. So I looked a little, and found this article...I'm gonna try bear crawl pushups, since it seems it can be progressed to the actual motion pretty smoothly.

Also, day 4 of 22 done, and I completed 5/5 days of exercise this week!

"I was an adventurer like you, till I took an arrow to the knee!" 

Aka: "Week 1 done, tomorrow is a rest day!" 

I'm super excited that I got full points for week 1 of my 4 week challenge, and I completed 2 side quests! 

I listed a few notes on my 4 week challenge page, but I just remembered one: I let iced tea/coffee count towards my hydration goal a couple of times, but I noticed feeling more dehydrated, so now only H2O counts towards hydration goal. And marking bullet journaling off in quest tracker does not count as journaling. I must write an actual dated entry. 

I need to come up with a couple more side quests, they're so fun!

Maybe one will be: get up at 6 AM all 5 weekday mornings. 20XP

Another could be: find geocache on rest day 20XP (that would make me go for a walk on my rest day instead of laying on the couch for 8 hours watching Naked and Afraid)

• Like 1
13 hours ago, x Valkyrie x said:

http://www.bjgaddour.com/5-ways-to-make-push-ups-easier-without-doing-them-on-your-knees

Guys!!!!! I learned from @V for Vetinari that I've been doing them pushups all wrong. So I looked a little, and found this article...I'm gonna try bear crawl pushups, since it seems it can be progressed to the actual motion pretty smoothly.

Also, day 4 of 22 done, and I completed 5/5 days of exercise this week!

Whoop! Interested to see how those bear crawl pushups go.

What is Naked and Afraid, and does it have anything to do with that naked dating show?

• Like 2

"Those who shun the whimsy of things will experience rigor mortis before death."

Tom Robbins

Current Challenge

Just now, V for Vetinari said:

Whoop! Interested to see how those bear crawl pushups go.

What is Naked and Afraid, and does it have anything to do with that naked dating show?

I will keep you updated :P

Haha I just heard of the naked dating show this afternoon, however, I do not think the 2 are related! Naked and Afraid is a wilderness survival show where a man and a woman partner to survive for 20 days in some wilderness environment. The catch is they are naked, which actually really does make survival harder, because they have no protection against the elements, bugs and whatnot. It's pretty entetraining...

I ran 1.9 miles in 26 minutes today, where I ran to Starbucks. Having a destination was great motivation! 

Then I walked to Walmart, which is just across the parking lot (but I'll be honest...I usually drive between the two because it's hot and I'm lazy...) and picked up lunch, where I ate a danjou pear for the first time; OHMYGOSH it was so yummy! Also I didn't resist the watergate salad and I have zero regrets, it hit the spot! 

Picked up a soccer ball and some cones, and im really excited to try some dribbling drills and just practice a bit in the morning! I play soccer again on Wednesday, it's a double-header and I'm not sure (actually pretty positive I'm not) I'm fit enough to last through 2 games...but if they're short on people I'll probably try.

I completed day 5of22 after taking yesterday off- I tried the bear crawl pushups....what fresh hell is this?!

I did a shockingly small amount of burpees for the glory of the Alliance(followed by a nap; heaven!), I will redeem myself tomorrow!

Oh, and I made coconut lime popsicles, can't wait to try them tomorrow!

• Like 2

Y'all, I just played Episode One of Life Is Strange, an episodic game by Square Enix....it blew my mind. It's for free to download load on xbox live right now, and boy howdy, you'll want to buy the other 4 episodes when you finish. Holy cow!

*runs back to xbox to replay episode one*

P.s. popsicles are kind of strange, but nice!

• Like 1

I rode my road bike for the first time in about a year today. Even with my trusty padied cycling pants, the ol' derrier is a bit tender after 45 minutes in the saddle. I forgot how uncomfortable it is the first little while! But still, I really enjoyed the ride. It's been about 2 years since I've ridden these routes, and it feels really nice to be home. Hills are also considerably easier than they used to be, despite my riding hiatus, so that was a nice indicator of general progress this year! 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, x Valkyrie x said:

I rode my road bike for the first time in about a year today. Even with my trusty padied cycling pants, the ol' derrier is a bit tender after 45 minutes in the saddle. I forgot how uncomfortable it is the first little while! But still, I really enjoyed the ride. It's been about 2 years since I've ridden these routes, and it feels really nice to be home. Hills are also considerably easier than they used to be, despite my riding hiatus, so that was a nice indicator of general progress this year! 

This is awesome! And a reminder to order my lock, grips, and bell today so I can start biking to work.

In my limited experience, getting back on the bike the second time was the worst. As in, I literally jumped off because of the paaain.

Uh... I'm sure you'll be fine though. I didn't have any padding except for my natural padding.

• Like 1

"Those who shun the whimsy of things will experience rigor mortis before death."

Tom Robbins

Current Challenge

1 hour ago, V for Vetinari said:

This is awesome! And a reminder to order my lock, grips, and bell today so I can start biking to work.

In my limited experience, getting back on the bike the second time was the worst. As in, I literally jumped off because of the paaain.

Uh... I'm sure you'll be fine though. I didn't have any padding except for my natural padding.

Ooh yes, dooo iiiit!! Summer is only here a little while, we gotta take advantage of the good cycling weather while we can!

5 hours ago, x Valkyrie x said:

Teamwork!!

What kind of bike do you have?

One that needs to be fixed? It's a mountain bike, on a trial run from my friend and coworker. Her son wasn't using it anymore. The brakes need fixing, the gears may need to be replaced, and when I got it the seat was jammed all the way at the bottom. What about you?

• Like 1

Tom Robbins

Current Challenge

9 minutes ago, V for Vetinari said:

One that needs to be fixed? It's a mountain bike, on a trial run from my friend and coworker. Her son wasn't using it anymore. The brakes need fixing, the gears may need to be replaced, and when I got it the seat was jammed all the way at the bottom. What about you?

Cool, are you interested in mountaim biking? I have a road bike, her name is Shadow, she's pretty cool :P

4 minutes ago, x Valkyrie x said:

Cool, are you interested in mountaim biking? I have a road bike, her name is Shadow, she's pretty cool :P

Oooh Shadow. Very mysterious.

I don't have any interest in mountain biking beyond the theroetical "that sounds fun one day maybe when I have stronger legs." This was an accidental bike, thrust upon me by circumstances outside of my control. I use it to traverse the very flat streets of NYC. Although considering all the obstacles that exist on those streets (broken glass, rocks, trash, pedestrians), heavy duty wheels might be a positive.

• Like 2

Tom Robbins

Current Challenge

5 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Nice bullet journal. It looks a lot nicer than mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!! This is the first cute thing I've ever done myself in it...a Pinterest lettering tutorial helped me, and I copied my mom's lines that she made for my meal plan, so I had assistance! It's actually not as hard as it looks! (The artsy-creative gene must have skipped a generation...if I can do it, you can too, if desired  :p)