I took a trip downtown yesterday, found a spot where two lures were dropped a few feet from each other, and camped for half an hour. I also used a lucky egg and did A LOT of evolving. I now have three pokemon in the over 1000 club, including a Snorlax I caught while riding the light rail! I've also stockpiled over 150 poke/great balls.

• Like 1

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

Did anyone else have a glitch yesterday where all their pokestops quit working then disappeared?  The game was still working, but it persisted after a couple restarts...

Really annoying when it happens 5min into my first chance to restock in 2 weeks.  I'm now stuck with 8 pokeballs and no idea when I'll have time try again. :(

• Like 1

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

1 hour ago, Anim07734 said:

Did anyone else have a glitch yesterday where all their pokestops quit working then disappeared?  The game was still working, but it persisted after a couple restarts...

Really annoying when it happens 5min into my first chance to restock in 2 weeks.  I'm now stuck with 8 pokeballs and no idea when I'll have time try again. :(

I had a few friends posting on facebook about the same glitch, but I didn't have that issue.

Bummer :(

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

The pokestops still worked for me, but great swaths of map were just gone randomly throughout the day 

"You can have what you want, or you can have something better"

Character Page                Current Challenge    

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19

PACT challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

To set an example for my patients and my family.

To no longer feel inferior or held back because of my weight.

To gain more confidence and be proud of my appearance.

Starting Weight: 290 lbs

Main Quest: Reach my Ideal Body Weight of 190 lbs

2 hours ago, Anim07734 said:

It happened a couple of times, but not for very long. First time it was maybe twenty seconds or so, second time it was a few minutes, but that fixed itself up after restarting the app. Nothing since then though.

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

4 hours ago, Anim07734 said:

Many of my local stops disappeared around 7-8ish yesterday. Maybe they're working on them because they were ones that quite often come up with the "please try again later" message after not yielding any items.

Very annoying as I have no pokeballs left at all, and I'm planning a pokehunt at the weekend.

Level 19 Jedi/Assassin in-training. 

Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 16 | 17 | 18 |

"Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not." - Uncle Iroh

Oh what to do.

I've got 2 Eeveelutions in my pocket with 2 high CP Eevees.  And a 3rd Eevee with moderate CP ...but.. perfect IV's.  I've used the trick to get a Vaporean and a Flareon.

Do I use the perfect IV Eevee to evolve a Jolteon then try to get another Vaporean with my highest CP?

Or do I use the high CP on a Jolteon than try to get a perfect Vaporean?

The caveat is that its unknown whether or not the trick can be used multiple times and I already have a Vaporean (a darn good one too, good IVs and the best attack and special move a Vaporean can have). 

My highest CP Eevee came from a 10K egg (seriously, I'm f-in cursed with those things, I also got a 400 CP snail from one recently), the perfect IV came from a wild capture I just made.  The other one that is almost surely going to be ground up for candy is a darn good 550 CP that I caught the other day.

(if anyone is wondering, IV refers to hidden values that each Pokemon has the determines its ultimate potential, you can never find a stronger Pokemon of a type than a maxed out perfect IV Pokemon, it always makes sense to invest stardust in perfect IV Pokemon.  You can find calculators to estimate the IVs of you pokemon, thesilphroad has one).

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

6 minutes ago, msuroo said:

By all reports, you can only use the naming trick once per eeveelution, so I'd roll the dice with your perfect iv one and see if you happen to get another vaporeon with a good moveset. Use one of your other eevee's to make a jolteon, just for the purposes of filling out your pokedex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder though if they are going to tweak the fighting modifiers at all, to bring it in line with the original games a bit more.  Vaporeons are hilariously overpowered, however a Jolteon should kick their butt.  The electric beats water used to cause double damage, in Go it only causes 25% more.  If that formula is tweaked, all of a sudden Jolteons become very valuable, because they should be able to wipe out a gym full of Vaporeons.

I know I can get a perfect Jolteon.  There's a chance I can get a perfect Vaporean, but it also could become another Jolteon or (even worse) another Flareon.

currently cutting

don't panic!

My Pokemon Go tragedy

The setting: 10pm. Friday night. A rural village. Only 2 pokestops within 1km.

*A Wartortle spawns right outside my house!*

*535 CP*

*Only 2 great balls left*

*Fail to capture*

*Run to nearest pokestop (30 second sprint down the road)*

*Get 2 pokeballs and a potion*

*Run back home*

*Fail to capture again*

*Wait for pokestop to reset*

*Run back to pokestop*

*Get this message*

lTSQ72XOmHeMM9K1P-AB6_zwePuU88wKszflW5R0

*Try for nearly 5 minutes to no avail*

*Pokestop never works*

*Wartortle despawns*

*Eternal sadness*

Why pokestop, why?

giphy.gif

• Like 4

Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 16 | 17 | 18 |

I wonder though if they are going to tweak the fighting modifiers at all, to bring it in line with the original games a bit more.  Vaporeons are hilariously overpowered, however a Jolteon should kick their butt.  The electric beats water used to cause double damage, in Go it only causes 25% more.  If that formula is tweaked, all of a sudden Jolteons become very valuable, because they should be able to wipe out a gym full of Vaporeons.

I know I can get a perfect Jolteon.  There's a chance I can get a perfect Vaporean, but it also could become another Jolteon or (even worse) another Flareon.

Lol, asked and answered apparently. I haven't seen it all yet, but apparently a lot of the moves got rebalanced. (The type bonuses are still only 25% though I guess.)

7 hours ago, Grayspeed said:

My Pokemon Go tragedy

The setting: 10pm. Friday night. A rural village. Only 2 pokestops within 1km.

*A Wartortle spawns right outside my house!*

*535 CP*

*Only 2 great balls left*

*Fail to capture*

*Run to nearest pokestop (30 second sprint down the road)*

*Get 2 pokeballs and a potion*

*Run back home*

*Fail to capture again*

*Wait for pokestop to reset*

*Run back to pokestop*

*Get this message*

lTSQ72XOmHeMM9K1P-AB6_zwePuU88wKszflW5R0

*Try for nearly 5 minutes to no avail*

*Pokestop never works*

*Wartortle despawns*

*Eternal sadness*

Why pokestop, why?

giphy.gif

This is why, if I hit 40 balls, I go stock up. It's, not odd for me to have 10 of each health potion and 150-200 balls...

• Like 2

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 8:23 PM, msuroo said:

Lol, asked and answered apparently. I haven't seen it all yet, but apparently a lot of the moves got rebalanced. (The type bonuses are still only 25% though I guess.)

Well it worked out good in the end.  Used my highest CP on a Jolteon, tried for a vaporeon with the perfect IV eevee and it worked.  And it has the best vape moveset after the update! I used the name Rainer, though it just might have been luck.

currently cutting

don't panic!

ran into a Dragonite (!) on the beach today.  It ate my berries, smashed a couple ultra balls like styrofoam and took off.  Phooey.  I did pick up a reeeealllly nice Dratini later on though.  That one's getting evolved ... when I can get enough candy.

haven't found a 10k egg in ages.  Like, I think the last 30 eggs I've hatched were all 5k and 2k..  Sigh.

I'm curious to see what will happen with gyms in a month or so, when all the powergamers have plateaued.  I like crashing a gym and then sticking some rare thing in, just to show off what I've got, but it never stays in there for long.

• Like 1

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Maybe when they've plateaued the gyms will be somewhat competitive again? The ones at the university I work at are insane. I can't do anything against a 1600+ pokemon. And no matter how much I level up, they've leveled up exponentially more than me!

I'd like to know when nearby/tracking is going to be fixed. Right now it's like, here's a list of pokemon in your general vicinity, maybe you'll stumble across them, but probably not. Walking around for half an hour with nothing to show for it is a great way to drain any motivation to keep playing.

These bugs wouldn't be such an issue if they would just communicate to the players. They've recently posted on Facebook about the latest update, maybe this is a step in the right direction.

http://kotaku.com/niantic-explains-pokemon-go-changes-1784692551?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

• Like 1

Anyone else notice that lower CP pokemon have become hard to catch since the update? Maybe it's just me but I just wasted 5 poke balls on a low CP Pidgey that broke out of every one and then ran away before I could run away. 

• Like 3

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

58 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

Anyone else notice that lower CP pokemon have become hard to catch since the update? Maybe it's just me but I just wasted 5 poke balls on a low CP Pidgey that broke out of every one and then ran away before I could run away. 

I don't know how much it helps, but make the circle as small as possible when you throw it, and I'll only throw one ball. If they escape, then I quit the fight.

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

1 hour ago, Jonesy said:

Definitely noticed. I bet they're hoping that players blow through their Pokéballs faster so that they need to buy some from the store :\

• Like 1

The radar is still a tiny bit useful.  you can tell whether a pokemon is getting closer or further away by watching it move up or down the list as you walk.  I managed to find a bulbasaur by walking in a circle watching my radar until it popped up.  It got away (too bad) but I directed a dozen nerds to it.

• Like 1

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

2 hours ago, insanity said:

I don't know how much it helps, but make the circle as small as possible when you throw it, and I'll only throw one ball. If they escape, then I quit the fight.

I think that only works if you can land the poke ball in inner circle. So I'll usually go for a medium circle and hope my aim is lucky.

• Like 1