Hello Everyone!

Backstory time: In HS I was super fit and toned, I was in marching band (color guard) in the south and we practiced outside everyday and I would go home and eat pasta almost everyday after school. When I was burning as many calories as I was everything was fine and I could eat obscene amounts of pasta. I got to college and same thing, band, living on the 3rd floor and walking EVERYWHERE I possibly could and going up and down the stairs 6-8 times a day. My sophomore year I ended up in a hospital with an IV in my arm because I was dehydrated. I lost a lot of weight, but then gained it all back trying to "take it easy" out of fear of over doing it in the heat. That same year in the spring I broke my arm and used it as an excuse to do nothing for a long time until it had healed...which means I had packed on some more pounds and I haven't been able to shake it since. I have since graduated college and I am currently employed.

I have joined Nerd Fitness Academy and I have already started doing my workouts and I am on a Paleoish diet since I am also cooking for my parents and I couldn't get them to go all the way. I have already lost 3lbs in a week and a half, but I can't wait to continue going. My goal is to lose 30 lbs or at least be back in a size 6 instead of 12-14. I'm excited and nervous that I won't keep it going, that I'm going to burn out or get in my own head that I can't do it. 

Extras: I love pasta, puns, pugs, alliteration, and assonance.

• Like 1

Hello @GINGERaffe1919! College complications can cause chaos in your weight and fitness - trust me, I know all about that!! I hope that NF will help you reach your goals and boost your motivation! I'm rooting for you!!

~ Sky

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 53

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

5 hours ago, GINGERaffe1919 said:

Thank you @SkyGirl!! I hope that you are able to reach your goals as well!!

Thank you!! It's been slow going so far, but I am seeing progress!  :-) 

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 53

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

On 20/07/2016 at 0:41 AM, GINGERaffe1919 said:

Hello Everyone!

Backstory time: In HS I was super fit and toned, I was in marching band (color guard) in the south and we practiced outside everyday and I would go home and eat pasta almost everyday after school. When I was burning as many calories as I was everything was fine and I could eat obscene amounts of pasta. I got to college and same thing, band, living on the 3rd floor and walking EVERYWHERE I possibly could and going up and down the stairs 6-8 times a day. My sophomore year I ended up in a hospital with an IV in my arm because I was dehydrated. I lost a lot of weight, but then gained it all back trying to "take it easy" out of fear of over doing it in the heat. That same year in the spring I broke my arm and used it as an excuse to do nothing for a long time until it had healed...which means I had packed on some more pounds and I haven't been able to shake it since. I have since graduated college and I am currently employed.

I have joined Nerd Fitness Academy and I have already started doing my workouts and I am on a Paleoish diet since I am also cooking for my parents and I couldn't get them to go all the way. I have already lost 3lbs in a week and a half, but I can't wait to continue going. My goal is to lose 30 lbs or at least be back in a size 6 instead of 12-14. I'm excited and nervous that I won't keep it going, that I'm going to burn out or get in my own head that I can't do it. 

Extras: I love pasta, puns, pugs, alliteration, and assonance.

I was always super skinny as a young'un too, between walking/biking everywhere and waitressing weekends and after school I could indulge a big appetite and not have it show, 2 kids and *ahem* years of cubicle dwelling have taken their toll since then. Yay on your weight loss so far. With the support of the awesome people here you'll get the rest off!

HappyCat

Race: Khajit Herder Class: Adventurer

HappyCat's Battle Log

Current Challenge: HappyCat Takes It Up A Notch 

Past Challenges: 1 2   

Accountablilibuddies:  Walking to Mordor and Back Again

Where else to find me: My Fitness Pal  Fitbit Habitica

My life is basically a whole pile of 'It seemed like a good idea at the time' thrown together

7 hours ago, HappyCat said:

I was always super skinny as a young'un too, between walking/biking everywhere and waitressing weekends and after school I could indulge a big appetite and not have it show, 2 kids and *ahem* years of cubicle dwelling have taken their toll since then. Yay on your weight loss so far. With the support of the awesome people here you'll get the rest off!

Yeah I was surprised to even have 1 response on my posts, I thought I would just be posting to myself, but so far I've had a couple of people respond and it helps me feel a little bit more motivated!

• Like 2

Hi GINGERaffe1919!  I'm in your boat only later in life :adoration:.  I was super skinny and could eat anything until life happened!  Hang in there, you will keep seeing results as you stick with the program.  We all make bad choices sometimes but don't beat yourself up, just keep plugging along because it's all progress in the end.  Good luck and welcome!