Starting Again By Jumping Off a Cliff... Literally

I'm the king of unfinished health/workout goals. Life gets hectic,  I have a bad week, something happens and I'm off the wagon. 

This time I'm back for good though.... and I started off by jumping off a cliff. Literally. 

OK, so it wasn't a HUGE cliff, it was like.... a 15-20 foot drop. But still, it was freaking terrifying. And that's what's been my motivation. Doing things I'm scarred of. 

This includes sucking it up and signing up for something I've always wanted to do, but always backed out of... a Spartan Race. Now, to be clear, it's a Spartan Sprint, not a full length race. However, it's still going to be the hardest physical challenge I've undergone. The best part is that it cost a lot of money and so now I can't back out.

So from now on, I'm pushing myself to be uncomfortable. I'm choosing the harder route and doing the things that I was always too scared of doing. In fact I'm not looking at a trip to jump off a 28 foot cliff. Yay! *Asks the gods why he's doing this to himself*. The upshot is that I'm more sore that I've ever been, I'm more tired than I've ever been.... and oddly I've never felt this good. 

This time it will stick.  

• Like 4

In case you were wondering it's pronounced rye-dough, but most call me Rai (like the whiskey) for short.

My current challenge can be found HERE

<<Insert witty, motivational statement here>>

It's hard to get beyond that, I completely understand! 

I spent two years like that. Two years. Ugh. From 18-20. And I'm not counting life before 18/college b/c I had about 25% control over my food. 

The best moment is when you make a mistake and you learn to just get back up and keep running. I was ecstatic the moment I realized I'd done so!

Set that as a goal? That great feeling of knowing you're not giving up when you mess up anyway.

Good luck and MTFBWY! (may the Force be with you)

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Becomes Her Own Hero

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63