Chronosus: If you can't be a death knight...

...try something else instead!

Hi folks, 

After spending a couple of weeks lingering around the forums, and with some gentle encouragement from a friend, I've decided that now is a good time for me to try this NF thing out :) My name is Chronosus; I'm a 24 year old student from the UK, and when I'm not student-ing, I can often be found running around Azeroth in one form or another.

I'm about 6'1, and weigh *measures* 191 lbs (depending on how my scales are feeling -- two minutes ago I was 185). If I'm honest, I don't actually know what my fitness goals are right now -- I have a kinda on-off relationship with fitness. Running tends to be my "thing" because it's familiar; I'll do it for about a month before I then slack off because of deadlines/travel. About a month later, I'll get back into it, and thus the cycle starts again -- I've never really integrated it as a lifestyle change. I've also always wanted to try out some different types of exercise that I've not done before -- not just different cardio exercises, but strength too -- to see if I can find something that really works for me. Part of what holds me back is that I'm quite a shy and/or self-conscious guy.

What I do know, though, is that I like improving who I am as a person. I also love a good challenge -- one of my friends (who is already on NF) has already challenged me to a deadlifting competition (despite the fact I've never lifted a barbell in my life)! :P  From what I've seen while loitering, this seems like a great, supportive community to be a part of to learn from and to try and figure some of these things out :) 

I'll drop my challenge thread soon, but I thought I'd write my intro thread before I did. I look forward to interacting with some of you, and if anyone wants to know anything else about me, feel free to ask :)

Best wishes,
Chronosus

Welcome to NF, Chronosus! 

For me, a challenge is a great way to figure out what my goals actually are (I set some and then try to reach them and realize my estimation of what would be appropriate for my level was a little off). I find they're a great learning tool in addition to providing some structure for measuring success, and they provide a great way to integrate with the (very friendly) community here: not only will you have your challenge thread, but you can find a couple other people with similar goals and follow their threads, too. 

So best of luck in determining those fitness goals, whether they be integrating strength training into your workout routine, making running a habit, or something else entirely -- and who knows, maybe it will turn out being a death knight isn't such a reach after all. 

Welcome aboard James.  Anything you want to ask, feel free.  If I can't help, I'm pretty sure I can point you to someone who can (or tag them to drop by your thread)

B'ker Level 1 Half-elf Ranger  STR: 3  DEX: 3  CON: 3  INT: 3  WIS: 2  CHA: 2

Bker Survives December Challenge Tracking Spreadsheet

Walking to Mordor (2019) Spreadsheet

MyFitnessPal | FitBit | Instagram

Walking to Mordor 1879.44 miles/1779 miles

Mini Challenge:  Week 1:  | Week 2:  | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 |