Overheard in the gym - Share!

Guys... remember a few days ago I mentioned the army crawl on the treadmill:

Walked into the gym this morning because I forgot my watch up there. Found a notice posted above the treadmills that reads:

Army Crawl competition Rules:

1. as low as you can go

2. get that ass down (name redacted)

3. if you bleed on it, you clean it

4. one at a time

5. clothes are not optional, wear them

6. NO INTERFERENCE

Now I really wish I knew why these rules were necessary. They were NOT up when I left yesterday. I think my military boys took my army crawls idea and are running with it. There's even a score board now, but I don't understand the ranking system yet.

What have I helped create?!?!

Think of it as one more step in NF taking over the world.

• Like 4

High Elf-Rakshasa Assassin | LVL 16 | STR: 18 | DEX: 11 | STA: 13 | CON: 6 | WIS: 18 | CHA: 19

Walked into the gym this morning because I forgot my watch up there. Found a notice posted above the treadmills that reads:

1. as low as you can go

4. one at a time

6. NO INTERFERENCE

Now I really wish I knew why these rules were necessary. They were NOT up when I left yesterday. I think my military boys took my army crawls idea and are running with it. There's even a score board now, but I don't understand the ranking system yet.

The rules are there because there's now a competition, also, you have to let everyone know what proper form is.

Oh.. and good job. :-)

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

1. as low as you can go

4. one at a time

6. NO INTERFERENCE

Something magical

• Like 2

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

What has happened here?

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

What has happened here?

I shared a thought...  and every one loved it

• Like 3

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

Tyrsnbdr I think you need to share more ideas

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Tyrsnbdr I think you need to share more ideas

you should check out my challenge thread,  Full douchebaggery goes on there.  I keep it toned down here, cause I can go over the top.

• Like 1

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

you should check out my challenge thread,  Full douchebaggery goes on there.  I keep it toned down here, cause I can go over the top.

You're saying today's shenanigans WASN'T over the top?  Oh Lord...  And yet I'd be willing to bet you're a ton of fun to have around, sir!

• Like 2

High Elf-Rakshasa Assassin | LVL 16 | STR: 18 | DEX: 11 | STA: 13 | CON: 6 | WIS: 18 | CHA: 19

I promise you, if we ever meet in person tyrsnbdr, I will be buying you a beer (or beverage of your choice)

• Like 2

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

You're saying today's shenanigans WASN'T over the top?  Oh Lord...  And yet I'd be willing to bet you're a ton of fun to have around, sir!

I"m safe behind the security of my computer.  In real life I'm...  slow to open up.  My challenge thread is COSPLAY of my Id.  Hard for my Ego to let it out.  

I promise you, if we ever meet in person tyrsnbdr, I will be buying you a beer (or beverage of your choice)

I drink IPA's. But I don't have the calories to give to it...  darn, this isn't how this game is suppose to work.  Get out of my curling rack, I got to earn some calories.  

• Like 1

Wheymen

I am going into the service (Air force) into the services area (Barracks, Mess Hall, and PT Managment) Hoping that between that, getting my kineseology degree, and a personal trainer degree I'll be abe to go to almost any gym in the country to work

Are you getting a personal trainer degree or certification?

Are you getting a personal trainer degree or certification?

havent decided yet. I want my kineseology degree, nutrition degree, and atleast my PT license but I will figure that out later

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Perhaps he's listening to Metallica's "One"...

I don't want to be near him when he gets to the triplet 8th notes!! 

• Like 3

Wheymen

I think I got hit with some sort of endorphin high about half way through my leg workout today, for the last 5 or so sets of squats I couldn't stop laughing and continued to do so until around the time I left the gym.

Also cardio today was jumping jacks to the tune of Trumpets, so that was neat.

Follow me on snapchat or instagram @ catintherack

Squat: 115kg

Bench: 77.5kg

Deadlift: 130kg

Total: 322.5kg

Weight: 68kg

Lets talk about exhibit D (after we take a moment to appreciate the functionality of this peace of equipment):

45-degree-extension-bench.JPG

Last week at the gym, I saw a hottie using this machine, but she was using it backwards.  she grabbed the machine by the ankle padding and used her legs to lift a stability ball in a glute/hamstring/ back extension.  I"m sure she worked out all the correct muscles that back extensions work, but let me tell you,  her way was way more visually pleasing.  

• Like 6

Wheymen

Anyone use myfitnesspal or a similar app for tracking diet? It lets you customise the meal names and mine at the moment are:

Breakfast part 1

Breakfast part 2

Breakfast part 3

Dinner

Snacks

Because I like to train fasted and get most of my food post-workout I tend to eat a massive breakfast after the gym and then a small dinner 5 or 6 hours later. Found it amusing that I need 3 spaces for one meal, plus snacks tend to be eaten with breakfast too.

Anyone use myfitnesspal or a similar app for tracking diet? It lets you customise the meal names and mine at the moment are:

Breakfast part 1

Breakfast part 2

Breakfast part 3

Dinner

Snacks

Because I like to train fasted and get most of my food post-workout I tend to eat a massive breakfast after the gym and then a small dinner 5 or 6 hours later. Found it amusing that I need 3 spaces for one meal, plus snacks tend to be eaten with breakfast too.

I use the fitbit app for tracking food and macros- it lets you put as much as you want in whatever bucket which is handy since my dinners consist of an ungodly number of veggies/chicken/egg whites and beans- so each one gets a single item and then dinner takes up the rest of the page!

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

I'm beginning to think I can't be trusted to wear wireless headphones at the gym, I keep letting out song lyrics during rest between sets. It wouldn't be too weird, except today it happened twice, I was walking to refill my bottle and made eye contact with someone as I let out a little line of song. The two song lyrics let out were "you're trying to be cool, you look like a fool to meeee" and "it was us against the world, but now we just fuckin".

At this rate it won't be long before I piss someone off.

• Like 4

I'm beginning to think I can't be trusted to wear wireless headphones at the gym, I keep letting out song lyrics during rest between sets. It wouldn't be too weird, except today it happened twice, I was walking to refill my bottle and made eye contact with someone as I let out a little line of song. The two song lyrics let out were "you're trying to be cool, you look like a fool to meeee" and "it was us against the world, but now we just fuckin".

At this rate it won't be long before I piss someone off.

I am now eagerly awaiting the moment when you accidentally belt out show tunes. Maybe even a Rick Roll.

• Like 2

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

"Looking good" she lied. I'm a short, non-muscle-y dude, and at the moment I was a soaking sweatball, besides [i got rained on, too, did I mention?]

I've noticed that women seem to like us most, when we are covered in dirt and sweat... so she might not be lying... :-)

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I've noticed that women seem to like us most, when we are covered in dirt and sweat... so she might not be lying... :-)

I mentioned in the "say something random" thread that I got the once-over last Saturday after a workout, wearing ratty t-shirt, ratty sweatpants, and chucks.  

• Like 1