Two months in....

Newest batch of progress photos.

7/8/2016: 222 lbs.

8/8/2016: 215 lbs.

I'm still on level 3 gym, but I'm right about to graduate from 40 lb dumbbells and going up to 45 very shortly. I've also modified the number of reps and going 10 reps of each exercise instead of 5, according to some advice I've gotten from a few Facebook friends and a few suggestions from the Facebook men's forum. I can do 8 unassisted  chin-ups and do a 20-second bar hang, but that's not enough to defeat Thunderlord Oversquat yet.

I'm working to take care of my mental health this month. I recently had some personal events happen to me in my life over the past couple weeks, and I really felt at times on edge, depressed, angry, and happy. I've had some mood swings, and I started to feel like I'm scaring some of the people I love. So I've been using an online therapist for a while, and I'm seeing a psychologist tomorrow afternoon to get some additional insight and help in getting myself back to a sound mind to go with my sound body. And as anyone who knows Soul Eater knows, "A sound soul dwells within a sound mind and sound body."

I hope to make more progress by the time September 8 rolls around- by then I should be well under 210 lbs. Wish me luck, and thanks for your support.

• Like 2