Stamp Collecting

Thought I'd start a thread about what must rank pretty high up on the Nerd scale for hobbies :P

As a kid I was pretty into stamp collecting, but when I left home I left my collection behind (and moved countries), and it was more or less forgotten. However a recent family visit has seen it back into my hands :D It's also much larger than I remember or my family realised. Given I was only a kid I've filled one stock book and almost filled a separate album listed by country. I guess I had a lot of free time. It's not a very specific collection, stretching to most countries and time periods (and enough WWII Germany that I'm a little worried about young me lol). It's been an interesting trip down memory lane to flip through it anyway.

However lately those empty countries in my other album are starting to weigh on me, so this post has a double purpose: to seek out other people that might be collecting and possibly to arrange some trades :P

So please tell me I'm not the only philatelist out here?

• Like 1

The valiant never taste of death but once.

Battle Log:

100 Day Bench Press Challenge (64 Days)

Challenge: 1, 2

Estrix, level 1 Goblin Raider

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2

I collected stamps when I was a kid. I collected the ones I thought were cool and my family got me stamps to fill the books. I have a boxed set of the WWII commemorative stamps that came out several years ago. I have lots of Nicaragua, Russia (theirs are so pretty!), and no telling what else. I just reacquired my stamps because my mom was like 'You left home 16 years ago! Get Your Crap!" In my defense, most of that time was in dorms. :)

I am actually considering parting with a portion of my collection just because I have so little time to appreciate it and I've moved into a much smaller space. Is there anything specific you're looking for ? Message me if you want. I can give you my email and we can do some "swapping" or I can just give you some. Knowing they'd be going to someone that appreciated them would make me happy because the main thing keeping me from parting with them is that it is something I did with my grandmother.