180 DAYS OF MEDITATION

I just completed ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY days of daily meditation, and I am super psyched. Next goal: A YEAR.

I have to say, I have become so much calmer and happy since I started meditating every morning. It doesn't seem like it should, but even ten minutes of shutting your brain off makes it so much easier to handle stress. It's nuts how much more even-keeled and in control I feel now than I did half a year ago.

• Like 4
On 8/24/2016 at 5:48 AM, Akura said:

Fantastic!

Any tips for us struggling-after-two-weeks people?

Sorry for the late reply, but yes! I do have tips! The first month or so is definitely the hardest, and I'd expect to take around three months or so before you can make meditating every day into the kind of habit you don't have to think about. My number 1 tip for beginners is to not try to do too much too soon. One thing that used to trip me up was trying to meditate for more than ten minutes at a time, so don't try going into 15-20 minute territory until ten minutes starts to feel like honestly not enough to satisfy you.

Another thing that really helps is guided meditation, since the inside of your own head can be really distracting. I use Headspace, which is really great for people just starting off. And there are a bunch of other, less costly, options out there. If you google "guided meditation" you'll get a bunch of resources.

• Like 1