Heaviest and lowest I've ever been...

Hey everyone. I just stumbled on NF yesterday through a post on My Fitness Pal. Started reading through the website, and what it was all about, and got pretty excited. I even bought the book last night and started reading it. The reason I was on MFP in the first place was because of the situation I've put myself in. On May 2nd of this year, I bought myself a great birthday present-a new Harley. Well, all I've been doing on nice days off is riding, hitting bars, drinking beer, and eating bar food. And so I've ballooned to 289 lbs. since May. A gain of almost 40 lbs. The worst thing about this? I stopped playing my favorite thing- hockey. I'd skate 2-3 times a week, and while I wasn't in great shape, the exercise kept me from gaining weight. I still could have afforded to lose about 40 lbs, but I was happy. Well, no longer am I happy. On days that I'd be out on the Harley eating and drinking, I'd be too tired to play hockey that night. And so the cycle began. I got so out of shape so quickly, that even if I had a restful day, I would not go to my game because of how out of shape I'd become. Now, my left knee has been acting up, no doubt due to the added lbs I've put on. Now a depression has overcome me. I know what I need to do. I just need some motivation. Hoping this site and the book will get me motivated.

Thanks for reading my pity party.

• Like 3

It's amazing how fast and easy it is to lose sight of what you truly want in life. And how weight can just creep up on ya. Been there done that ( still doing it )

Hockey is an amazing sport, we do roller hockey here and I love getting out with my son. It's so fast and intense.

congrats on your new bike! What an awesome transportation.

• Like 1

"One should eat to live, not live to eat." -Molaire-

"People always forget their hangover" -My dear ol' dad

"People are born to live, while some are born to evolve." 

50 minutes ago, Butternut said:

It's amazing how fast and easy it is to lose sight of what you truly want in life. And how weight can just creep up on ya. Been there done that ( still doing it )

Hockey is an amazing sport, we do roller hockey here and I love getting out with my son. It's so fast and intense.

congrats on your new bike! What an awesome transportation.

Thanks a lot. The bike has been fun.......maybe a bit too fun considering my current health status!

Enforcer24.....I HEAR YOU!!!!!

I lost 3 stone (42pounds, no idea how many kilos!) and felt bloody pleased with myself until a new relationship, new job etc meant my old binge eating habit reared its ugly unwelcome head and I'm back to square one....and more!

EURGH!!

Luckily for me I love the gym and strength training.....unluckily for me I love to stuff my face with crap too!!

• Like 1

Luckily, you haven't been overweight that long - in my experience, weight that's quickly gained seems to be quickly lost, like you're evicting unwelcome visitors before they have a chance to unpack. It's when they take over half your closet and get comfortable that you really have to work to get rid of them!

Good luck on your journey!

• Like 1

"'It's time for a few small repairs,' she said." - Shawn Colvin

Hello! I feel you! Sometimes you just wake up and wonder how you managed to let it go on for so long. It's never too late to start to change and the sooner you do it the better it'll be. The important thing is not the fall but the drive to make positive change!

Best of luck with your journey and if there is anything we can do to support your efforts don't be afraid to ask.

• Like 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

Enforcer24.....I HEAR YOU!!!!!

I lost 3 stone (42pounds, no idea how many kilos!) and felt bloody pleased with myself until a new relationship, new job etc meant my old binge eating habit reared its ugly unwelcome head and I'm back to square one....and more!

EURGH!!

Luckily for me I love the gym and strength training.....unluckily for me I love to stuff my face with crap too!!

I do love the gym as well. But I'm kind of stuck right now because my left knee has been acting up. Gotta go see Orthopedic doctor and get an MRI to see what's happening. So this is all pretty frustrating right now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk