Hey guys!!
My name's Current (well, sort of, anyway), and I really wanna get in shape.

Why? Because I'm so fucking sick of having to have my friends help me with everything. Literally everything. I live on the fourth floor. I can manage the stairs on a normal day. If my bag is heavy, it starts to be tough. Getting my laundry between my room and the washing room in the basement is nearly impossible, and I either have to go multiple times, or have a friend help me. But no more!! Well, not for very long.

I really need someone to talk to, someone I can tell, "Oh, I did this today!!" and someone who can tell me, "You need to do this thing today, man," if I'm not feeling it. I'll be happy to provide the opposite roles for someone, of course.

The reason I'm looking here, is that I'm embarrassed to tell my friends that I'm trying. They'll know, 'cause I have to pass up game nights for the gym, and I'm not gonna lie to them, bt saying, "I need you to tell me to do this!" seems somehow embarrassing to me.

Feel free to hit me up!

• Like 2

hi 

Welcome to the rebellion.

Get up, Show them that you can.

Really? You are ok with having to rely on them way too much, but you are embarrassed to tell them you are trying to improve. You think they will be worried that  they cant help their buddy anymore . 

Let them know. Let anyone know. That is level one commitment. Now you cannot back out. Then the only way to keep your head up will be by getting in shape. 

8 hours ago, Current521 said:

But no more!! Well, not for very long

Now that's the spirit man!   

Now work your ass out. Go build a diet/workout routine and stick to it.

You need to do this thing today, man. You really do.

giphy.gif

P.S: Visit Weightloss and read the Success stories at NF  (if you already haven't) for ideas, support and motivation

• Like 1

If you want something, go get it. Period 

Epic Quest                                     Intro post                                    Duolingo

Welcome! I think you'll find all the support and accountability you're looking for here. If you haven't yet, go post a 4-week challenge in the guild of your choice (don't know which one to choose? Join the Rebels! For one challenge, at least.) Pick 2-4 small goals that you can build on over time, and get started.

Good luck on your journey!

"'It's time for a few small repairs,' she said." - Shawn Colvin

Hey Current! Welcome! You have picked absolutely the right place for top-secret missions, sworn allegiance and loyalty, and when necessary, a little (sword / axe / stick / other implement of war) in the rear end to get you going! Congratulations on becoming one of our newest Rebels!

I agree with the lovely @Bookish Badger, setting some concrete goals is usually the best place to start, and they don't have to be big or scary or even super "fitnessy" - they can be as simple as "carry my heavy bag up the stairs by myself 4 times in one week". I have totally set weekly goals like that, and they're a great way to start! (Plus, carrying a heavy bag upstairs is really a little weightlifting goal in disguise - how cool is that??)

Whatever your goals look like, I know you're going to achieve them! Welcome again!

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 53

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers