Brit's Battle Log

So, I started off with a four week challenge where I did not drink alcohol at all, among other things.  For the past week I have had no sugar at all.  I intend to add another nutrition challenge every other week.  So, no sugar (except small amounts of fruit and even smaller amounts of honey) until Sept 1.  I've done it so far without cheating at all.  I have started drinking alcohol again, but only about 1 or 2 drinks a week.  Considering I lost no weight at all from cutting it all out I think 1 or 2/week isn't going to make much difference.  The point is I'm not tired and hung over every single monday morning.  

Next week I can start regularly running/walking and lifting at the gym again - my kids will head back to school.  My goal is to walk or run 5 days a week and lift 3 days.  My trainer is convinced I'll double all my lifts in 2 weeks because I haven't done anything there in months and I still smile whenever I squat.  He insists you can't smile while working your hardest.  We'll see I guess. I think my face just smiles even when I'm working hard.  I can't help it and wasn't aware I was doing it until he pointed it out.  On a happier note, ski season starts soon!  If I run for a month or two I'll be ready to go like mad as soon as the snow flies!

Anyways here's what I'd like to do for the bit:

1 or 2 drinks a week (forever) and No sugar at all until sept 1.  

No sugar no snacks between meals until sept 15

No sugar, no snacks between meals, and no bread or pasta until sept 30.  (Except pizza once a month)

At that point I will re-evaluate and see if I need to start tracking calories and/or protein.  I really hate tracking and want to avoid it as much as possible.  I have tracked enough to know that if I cut out snacks in between meals my calories start to sink really really low so if I just try to eat a lot of protein I'll hopefully make up for that.  No snacks is a huge struggle for me, I don't like eating regular meals and I'd much rather just eat peanut butter out of the jar than pork chops and vegetables.  Obviously this is the thing that is holding me back.  My end goal here is to lose a pile of fat - I'd like to get down to a 24% body fat percentage.  I'm at about 34% now.  Writing in the 4 week challenge forum played a huge part in the stop drinking challenge so I'll try to make it a regular habit now.  Not every day but once a week at least.  

Good fresh vegetables are next to impossible to get here unless you grow them yourself so I'll have to make myself eat freezer burnt stuff until I figure something else out.  (I do grow my own all summer, but that is coming to an end)  Anyone else grow sprouts in their kitchen?  I can't seem to find reasonably priced sprouting seeds anywhere.  Any ideas?  Can I use dry beans that were purchased for cooking?   

• Like 2

Good luck with your quest! Have you thought of going Paleo or close to it? I found that it helped a lot because I like soda and candy, but more because i didnt realize how many grains I ate. Lost 27 lbs in 5 weeks:). I did start doing a minimum of 7k steps but the absence of sugar and grain and the increased intake of water helped.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

On 8/24/2016 at 9:08 AM, LongWing said:

Good luck with your quest! Have you thought of going Paleo or close to it? I found that it helped a lot because I like soda and candy, but more because i didnt realize how many grains I ate. Lost 27 lbs in 5 weeks:). I did start doing a minimum of 7k steps but the absence of sugar and grain and the increased intake of water helped.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I hate the thought of cutting out dairy, but I may try it soon here.  At least I'll get close if I cut out bread and pasta.  The only other grain I regularly consume is rice.  I will certainly continue to cut out sugar and alcohol anyways!   

• Like 1