AThousandWords' Pregnancy is a Battle Log

After eight successful challenges and a number of unsuccessful ones I've decided that switching to a Battle Log format is going to be a better way to track progress. Especially since I have no idea what that progress will look like, aside from getting a small human at the end of it. 

GOALS

• Don't eat like utter crap
  • Get some movement in every day
  • Lift as long and as much as you can
  • Stretch

This battle log will probably consist of food diaries, exercise notes, complaining about pregnancy symptoms, and bump pictures.  Follow along if you're interested.

• Like 10

Level 16 Ravenclaw Rebel

Fairy tales do not start, nor do they end, in the dark forest (Ted Lasso)
COMPLETED CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 13.5 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18

CURRENT CHALLENGE

6+5

According to the pregnancy world, I am 6 weeks and 5 days along, which is a little weird at the beginning because I definitely haven't known for that long, but that's how they do it, so I'm going to roll with it and use it to date these logs.  I feel like this Battle Log is going to be more complaining pregnancy journal than anything else, but I kind of need that right now. I never wanted to be that girl who is obsessed with babies or lets children define her whole life. Even when we were trying to conceive and I was working on losing weight to one day have a healthy pregnancy, I didn't really feel like it defined me as a person or took over my challenges.  But there is literally no way for me to talk about my life right now without relating it to this pregnancy. I feel nauseous all the time, my food preferences have changed, I can't do half the workouts I used to enjoy - it is my life currently.  So I'm just going to embrace it, and hopefully people are interested.

Way back when, an optimistic week or so ago, I was trying to figure out what my next 4-Week Challenge goals would be. I had a thought that I'd be staying mostly paleo aside from the rare pregnancy craving; that I would endeavor to not gain any weight during the first trimester; and that I would continue with my walking and strength-training goals.  Then the morning sickness hit. Fuck guys. I feel sick all the fucking time. Just low-level nausea that makes me feel like I'm about to throw up, but with no actual vomiting. Sometimes I'll be halfway through a plate of food and think that I will literally gag if I have another bite. Sometimes I'm so hungry I eat two breakfasts. It's a crap shoot.

Needless to say, I've been terrible about healthy eating - I think I'm mostly surviving on carbs and cheese right now. And I haven't been back to the gym since the last 4WC ended, which makes me kind of sad, but I know I need to retool my workout plan a bit, and I'd like to talk to my doctor about it first. I have my first appt at the end of this week, so I'll find out soon enough. Until then, I'm trying to continue walking 5 hours a week, like I did for my last challenge, and I really, really need to be better about not eating everything in sight and following every craving I have.

With that in mind - I'm going to walk to Sweetgreen and get a salad for lunch.  Baby steps, right??  (ok, I'll see myself out)

• Like 7

Level 16 Ravenclaw Rebel

COMPLETED CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 13.5 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18

CURRENT CHALLENGE

26 minutes ago, Kelley Gammell said:

Just to make you smile through the sick feeling :)

punny-jokes.jpg

Oh, I like you already :)

• Like 1

Level 16 Ravenclaw Rebel

CURRENT CHALLENGE

Here for the ride! 

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Following, of course! 

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Thanks for all the follows y'all - it's great to have you all in my corner!

Well, I'm clearly off to a terrible start at tracking. :) I had my first appointment with our midwife practice today and she was super chill. Cleared me to exercise as I'd like, so time to hit the gym again.

Right now I'm sitting at work, trying to convince myself to eat the lunch I brought (pork chop with potatoes and a cucumber/vinegar salad) but even the thought of eating it is making me gag. I swear I've basically been living on carbs lately, which sucks. Last night I had chicken and broccoli for dinner, but could only stomach a small amount before I had terrible cramps and stomach ache.  Later, when I got hungry again, I ate some bread.

I feel like this week is kind of a wash. Going to try to use this battle log better next week.

• Like 4

Level 16 Ravenclaw Rebel

CURRENT CHALLENGE

I haven't been through this, but I feel like the next 8 or so months are going to be a huge exercise in self-compassion and forgiveness. You may not want to ~eat all the carbs~ but someone has a different idea. And then suddenly you'll ditch bread for pickles covered in peanut butter and all will be right with the world. 

Hooray for being able to exercise though! 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

So I dropped off at the end of last challenge and remember seeing that you were late, but missed the excitement!  Now I'm following along here because all the excitement! I am totally rooting for you and just yay!

Re: food - there is totally going to be a balance between not eating everything you can fit in your mouth and making sure you are getting adequate nutrition. Just track what you eat and if it's mainly bread - so be it. Your hormones will (most likely) settle down in a few weeks and you can go back to your normally scheduled program. 

• Like 2

I wouldn't feel guilty about how healthy you can eat, it's so hard when you feel nauseaus. It will pass soon, and then you can eat healthier.

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I'm so sorry about your nausea. :( I've heard that it can taper off at some point, but might come back toward the due-date. You've probably already heard every "Maybe you could try..." variant out there by now, but ginger is said to be good for upset stomach- tea is the first application that comes to mind, but apparently it comes in capsule form as well.

*Long distance hugs* I hope you get to feeling better quickly.

Matthew 25:34-40

I hope all is well!

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell.