Medical / Computer Nerd (Female)

Hi all,

I joined NFY earlier this year and it's gone pretty well. I'm more a yoga, Tai Chi, Zen gal than aerobics or weight training. Think INFJ and there ya go. I'm studying medical coding, working with Linux on my own, fiddling with coding, work, family, yadda yadda - half of these are hobbies and other stuff I have to. But I love research and analysis, so yoga and tai chi connect me back in my body again, and Zen quiets my hyperactive mind for a time.

Looking forward to connecting with other nerds here, of various kinds. Looks like no one here goes by their actual name. That's cool with me :)

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Greetings from IT-worker-ville!

I'm a former IT worker, and it's cool to see another lady human who has l337 skillz (ahem, sorry, I let me 90's wannabe hacker side come out)

Can't wait to see you rocking outloud!

• Like 2

-S t a r . R u b y -

"I AM AN ETERNAL FLAME, BABY!"

heatherallyse

str: 1, dex: 1, sta: 1, con: 3.5, wis: 3.0, cha: 1.5

Challenge Chapter I : Exit, Blerch : Chapter II : Enter, Self : Chapter III : Phoenix Ascendant 

Challenge Zombie Arc: 2016 - Infected : Infected, Part II : Typhoid Ruby (Infected, pt II continued)

Hey, look! It's the completely awesome Battle Log I keep neglecting!

22 hours ago, Med Nerd said:

Hi all,

I joined NFY earlier this year and it's gone pretty well. I'm more a yoga, Tai Chi, Zen gal than aerobics or weight training. Think INFJ and there ya go. I'm studying medical coding, working with Linux on my own, fiddling with coding, work, family, yadda yadda - half of these are hobbies and other stuff I have to. But I love research and analysis, so yoga and tai chi connect me back in my body again, and Zen quiets my hyperactive mind for a time.

Looking forward to connecting with other nerds here, of various kinds. Looks like no one here goes by their actual name. That's cool with me :)

Welcome! Research and analysis in medical coding sounds like nerdular fun! :D (Although I didn't enjoy the paper I read on PLOS Medicine today. *shudder*)

How did you get into Zen if you don't mind me asking? :)

Thanks for the welcome! Which paper, if i may ask? Or just share the link. Zen - I first learned about it in college years ago, but last year I searched for an online (virtual) sangha, and was pleasantly surprised to find TreeLeaf. Have been a Zennie zazen member since, though still much to learn.

Gassho, erm, I mean take care. :)

Med Nerd

• Like 1
On 8/25/2016 at 4:32 PM, Med Nerd said:

Thanks for the welcome! Which paper, if i may ask? Or just share the link. Zen - I first learned about it in college years ago, but last year I searched for an online (virtual) sangha, and was pleasantly surprised to find TreeLeaf. Have been a Zennie zazen member since, though still much to learn.

Gassho, erm, I mean take care. :)

Med Nerd

Welcome and seems like we have some things in common.

I am in I.T at a hospital right now. Im studying for my Linux+ and I am also a Zennie (although still a newby) with a dash of Mahayana for flavor :P

But again welcome and I wish you luck!

Also mr robot is so good :)

• Like 1