I actually did

22 hours ago, NobleAlyssum said:

Congrats on the game! And the trainer's program success is pretty cool too. Every day is a success!

It's bothersome though. It's such a boring plan. I get what he's trying to accomplish (change my tastes and rhythm to be healthier), but it's such a drag. I can complain about the variety, however, in the end I'm still going to follow it because it has positive results.

On 9/20/2016 at 2:43 PM, neomattlac said:

It's bothersome though. It's such a boring plan. I get what he's trying to accomplish (change my tastes and rhythm to be healthier), but it's such a drag. I can complain about the variety, however, in the end I'm still going to follow it because it has positive results.

I feel like following someone else's plans can be the hardest (versus making our own plan), but it's great that you recognize the benefits and are still sticking with it. That's fantastic willpower. :) Is it a food or workout or something else that's the drag part?

On 9/22/2016 at 9:35 AM, NobleAlyssum said:

I feel like following someone else's plans can be the hardest (versus making our own plan), but it's great that you recognize the benefits and are still sticking with it. That's fantastic willpower. :) Is it a food or workout or something else that's the drag part?

It's the food. Day in and day out, it's basically the same. Since he's really limiting the amount of oil I use, there's only so many ways I can cook it.

Anyways, I actually find the strictness easier to do than a looser plan. There's a clear good/bad line. I do go off plan daily, but it's typically like I forgot to eat my banana, or choose not to eat my avocado because it's way over/underripe, and I'll fill in the deficit with something later. Additionally, if I start obsessing about a food, I'll give myself half a cup or so of it to ease my suffering.

9 hours ago, neomattlac said:

It's the food. Day in and day out, it's basically the same. Since he's really limiting the amount of oil I use, there's only so many ways I can cook it.

Anyways, I actually find the strictness easier to do than a looser plan. There's a clear good/bad line. I do go off plan daily, but it's typically like I forgot to eat my banana, or choose not to eat my avocado because it's way over/underripe, and I'll fill in the deficit with something later. Additionally, if I start obsessing about a food, I'll give myself half a cup or so of it to ease my suffering.

I think those are exceptionally reasonable accommodations on a daily scale, especially since I'm sure this meal plan is completely different than what you had before. Sticking to it 100% everyday is going to be a challenge, and on top of that, every day can't go perfectly according to plan. That's just not how life works (and it would be a little boring). :) When I get too stressed about the goals and plans I set out for myself, I tend to think of Captain Barbossa from PotC (he's referring to the Pirate's Code, but it still works!), "They're more like guidelines than actual rules."