Good morning! I'm Michelle. I'm an academic librarian and a Beachbody Coach. I've been consistently doing Beachbody programs since January 2014. I'm currently in the middle of Body Beast and working on getting stronger while losing the 20-30 pounds I gained while on anxiety medication. I'm on meds for anxiety and depression. I love lifting. I'm an aspiring author. I'm in the Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA) wherein I fight rapier, just barely getting started in the heavy fighting with plans to get into combat archery, I love helping in any way I can. My persona is Elinor Gyles who lives in Tudor England. One of my current quests is working on a full tudor/henrican court dress. As a Beachbody Coach I motivate people in person and online through their fitness journeys. I've assisted friends in losing up to 70+ pounds and start eating healthier. I'm currently working on transitioning to a lower carb diet like keto. I have 2 cats, Sayuri and Kaylee whom often come out to the gym while I'm lifting to motivate or distract me. 

Please feel free to ask me any questions!

10348192_10103114742956991_6990000119389739201_n (1).jpg

12304532_10104438883743241_5522071104964403640_o.jpg

12605393_10104579139709161_2476506780786302812_o.jpg

Level 26 Warrior/Ranger, SCAdian, Librarian, Beachbody Coach, Self-rescuing princess

Current ChallengeCharacter | Quests | MyFitnessPal | FitBit | instagram

This sounds amazing! I love the Tudor dress you are wearing in your first photo.

Also, the fencing and combat archery sound so fun! What makes combat archery different?

they / them  |  half-orc paladin ( oath of the watcher )   --   lv 0

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

1 hour ago, PhysicsObeysMe said:

This sounds amazing! I love the Tudor dress you are wearing in your first photo.

Also, the fencing and combat archery sound so fun! What makes combat archery different?

Thanks! I love that dress and actually just acquired it in burgundy as well :)

Combat archery is done with crossbows with special heads on them to shoot at people. So in big melee battles, people are swinging swords and spears and such and also can get shot with arrows, just like they would have been able to in period times. 

Level 26 Warrior/Ranger, SCAdian, Librarian, Beachbody Coach, Self-rescuing princess

4 minutes ago, Fitbrarian said:

Thanks! I love that dress and actually just acquired it in burgundy as well :)

Combat archery is done with crossbows with special heads on them to shoot at people. So in big melee battles, people are swinging swords and spears and such and also can get shot with arrows, just like they would have been able to in period times. 

I can imagine it would be a great stress reliever :P It honestly sounds so fun, and your range of knowledge is stunningly diverse. How did you get into using the rapier? 

they / them  |  half-orc paladin ( oath of the watcher )   --   lv 0

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

3 minutes ago, PhysicsObeysMe said:

I can imagine it would be a great stress reliever :P It honestly sounds so fun, and your range of knowledge is stunningly diverse. How did you get into using the rapier? 

I haven't gotten to do combat archery yet, but should be pretty awesome :) 

I stood watching the SCA demo for 2 hours and someone came up and said "you know you want to join" and I've been hooked ever since (2.5 years so far). I mean I get to wear pretty clothes, learn cool things, camp, and sword fight!! I love it!

10360387_10103802338994021_5520264934074375056_n.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PhysicsObeysMe said:

That looks amazing, though I live slap bang in the middle of the UK, so I don't get very many Ren-faire type affairs :(

http://www.drachenwald.sca.org/ that'd be your kingdom. Worth looking into to see if there's anything nearby you can join in!

25 minutes ago, Fitbrarian said:

http://www.drachenwald.sca.org/ that'd be your kingdom. Worth looking into to see if there's anything nearby you can join in!

I actually remember hearing of that (also a UK rebel and love the idea of something like that) but never pursued it further. This just reminded me to consider it again, so thank you! Haha :) Anywho, welcome to the rebellion! I can tell already that you're going to fit in just great here. Also, loving the workout t-shirt; need to get me one with a snazzy slogan like that too, haha!

Hope to see you around on the board!

-Stella ♥

• Like 1

Stella   ::   Sprightly Elf   ::   Level 1

Me!      ::    Battle log       ::   Challenge