Kilts and Courage

I am wearing a kilt to work today. Because why not?

FullSizeRender.jpg

This is kind of a big deal for me, honestly. First of all, I haven't been able to wear this kilt for a few years because of my waistline. Secondly, I've literally never worn a kilt to work before; thankfully, I work in a place that doesn't mind this kind of stuff. Finally, I've not really worn a kilt outside of the convention scene much.

Let me elaborate on that last point. I work in the tabletop gaming industry. Specifically, I run the convention presence for a moderately-sized publisher. Kilts are super common to see at gaming conventions, and wearing one is just another way of blending in. At big enough events, that even goes for outside of the convention hall and into the surrounding city. But today, I'm not at an event. Rather, I'm sporting a kilt in the "real world." That took my 20 seconds of courage, for sure, because I really hate not blending in. But here we are!

• Like 7

Rangers, ho!

My Character and Epic Quest

My current Challenge

Previous Challenges: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

This is awesome.  I had an email conversation with corporate HR a couple months ago in the heat of summer asking them if I could wear a utility kilt, since every female in the office can wear a skirt as long as it goes to their knees.

Unfortunately they didn't quite see my point of view and I decided not to push the issue too far.  Glad there are some companies out there that allow people to have some fun and be comfortable. 

Spoiler

Currently...

Playing (Video Game): RDR2

DMing: Tyranny of Dragons.  First session 11/29.

Broba Fett tracks em down.

Facebook (Personal)  Facebook (Author Page)

Past Challenges:

1 hour ago, Broba Fett said:

This is awesome.  I had an email conversation with corporate HR a couple months ago in the heat of summer asking them if I could wear a utility kilt, since every female in the office can wear a skirt as long as it goes to their knees.

Unfortunately they didn't quite see my point of view and I decided not to push the issue too far.  Glad there are some companies out there that allow people to have some fun and be comfortable. 

Yeah, sorry you have to deal with that claptrap. I'm really lucky that I work for a company that literally gives no shits how I express myself as long as I'm getting my work done.

Rangers, ho!

My Character and Epic Quest

My current Challenge

Previous Challenges: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8