AthenaMM Does What She Wants

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Well today didn't go as well as the last couple of days, but it ended up not being all that bad. I was not in a good mood and shark week definitely wasn't helping. I stuck with everything pretty well in the morning through early afternoon, but after I finished the minimum of the stuff I needed to do I took some me time. That would have been fine, but the me time involved a good bit of junk food. Because of the junk food in the afternoon I never got hungry for dinner though and I think the calories actually worked out to be about right. It definitely wasn't the healthiest choice, but I didn't feel as bad as I have since I actually listened to my body in the end.

Morning Routine

• Morning home maintenance stuff was done
  • Twist & Align yoga routine. 
  • NF Yoga Shoulder Mobility
  • Meditation Essentials course, 13th lesson, Inspiration Meditation, 6 minutes
  • 30 minute walk

Afternoon Routine

• The rest of the home maintenance stuff was done
  • I vacuumed for the daily cleaning

Non-routine stuff

• I finished with 11,287 steps
  • Stuck with the plan for breakfast, but had chips, queso and candy in the afternoon and nothing for dinner.
  • No tossed or finished produce today.
  • Like 1

Battle Log

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Fitbit, Epic Quest Character

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Yesterday evening I didn't think I would feel like going back to doing all the stuff I should today, but when I woke up this morning everything was back to normal. I had a dentist appointment today at noon. That was late enough that I had time to do all my morning routine and exercise before the appointment, but the exercise needed to be short enough that I had time to shower and get ready as well. Because of that I put off the strength workout until tomorrow. The appointment was a very quick and easy cleaning so I had plenty of time to get a lot of things done this afternoon that I've been trying to get done.

Morning Routine

• I couldn't walk the dog this morning because of rain so I had some extra time. Because of that I did a 20 minute yoga routine. It was the Beginner AM Earth Salutations routine. It's a pretty tough routine actually and is hard on my triceps. I would like to do it more often though, so I may start trying to squeeze some extra time from somewhere else.
  • Healthy Joint Morning Routine
  • Meditations Essentials course, 14th lesson, Visualization Meditation, 6 minutes
  • 30 minute walk

Afternoon Routine

• I mopped for the daily cleaning

Non-routine stuff

• I have close to 12,000 steps at the moment. I'm probably going to need to get extra the next couple of days if I want to be lazy on Sunday.
  • I stuck with my plans, ate lots of veggies/fruit and nothing processed
  • No tossed or finished produce today.
  • Like 3

Battle Log

I love how productive you are in the mornings!

• Like 2

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

11 hours ago, Jonesy said:

I love how productive you are in the mornings!

It really makes a huge difference to how my day goes. Generally just getting started on my morning routine will keep me going till all my stuff is done. But even if the rest of the day goes to hell then at least all the important stuff gets done.

• Like 4

Battle Log

Friday, November 11, 2016

Another good day. I got all of my usual stuff done, then spent the afternoon making hubby's birthday card. I'm really tired tonight though and I'm hoping for a good nights sleep.

Morning Routine

• 10 minute Beginner Relaxation yoga routine
  • NF Yoga Touch Your Toes Mobility.
  • Apparently I finished the Meditation Essentials course yesterday. Today I did one called Releasing Self-Doubt. It was good. It lasted 6 minutes.
  • I did the Startbodyweight workout, 3 sets and 2:00 minutes rest between sets. I did the warm-up and cool-down.
    • Box pistol squats onto bench: 8,7,7
    • Leg Assisted Pull-ups: 6,6,6
    • Incline Pike Diamond Push-ups: 8,7,7
    • Hanging Straight Leg Raises: 7,6,6
    • One Elevated Leg Straight Leg Bench Dips: 4,4,4; I had trouble keeping one leg elevated. It kept trying to rest on my other foot. I may stick with these reps at least one more time before I move on.
    • Inverted Rows Legs Bent: 4,4,4; I need a better place to do these. I don't have a table or chairs that are sturdy enough. I used the dip section of our pull-up station but it's too high. I'll stick with these reps until I settle on where I'm doing these.
    • Side Plank: 40 seconds each side; These still suck, but I'm going to try for 50 seconds next week, but maybe on the second strength day instead of the first.

Afternoon Routine

• I cleaned the bathrooms for the daily cleaning

Non-routine stuff

• I have over 12,000 steps right now. I felt like I was low on steps this week, but I have enough that I only need 11,000 tomorrow to be able to be lazy Sunday.
  • I stuck with my plans, lots of veggies/fruit and nothing processed.
  • No tossed or finished produce but I'm working my way through what I've bought.
  • Like 3

Battle Log

That is sweet that you made your hubby's birthday card.  Your "small" amount of steps cracks me up:lol: Most people would consider it quite a lot of steps.

• Like 4

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

On 11/11/2016 at 10:27 PM, AthenaMM said:

It really makes a huge difference to how my day goes. Generally just getting started on my morning routine will keep me going till all my stuff is done. But even if the rest of the day goes to hell then at least all the important stuff gets done.

I'm this way too.  If I can a jump-start on my day I usually keep that roll going for a few hours.  If something disrupts my day at least the 'must-do' items on my list are complete.

And... Hi!

tumblr_ngxpdcCGwW1tros9go1_500.gif

• Like 2

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"

Doing awesome, I see.

Thanks!

That is sweet that you made your hubby's birthday card.  Your "small" amount of steps cracks me up:lol: Most people would consider it quite a lot of steps.

Making cards is one of my hobbies. I tried scrapbooking with actual paper a long time ago, but never really got into it because I hated cutting the pictures. When I started scrapping on the computer I still had a bunch of paper supplies and needed something to do with them. Making cards is a lot of fun. I haven't actually bought a greeting card in years. Of course I'm not saving any money because I spend more on craft supplies than I ever did on cards! [emoji6] As for the steps I'm getting what anyone would call a small amount right now. Stupid crud!

I'm this way too.  If I can a jump-start on my day I usually keep that roll going for a few hours.  If something disrupts my day at least the 'must-do' items on my list are complete.

And... Hi!

tumblr_ngxpdcCGwW1tros9go1_500.gif

Hi! I'm glad to see you're around! Morning routines are a life saver! Which I say as I sit here not doing my morning routine. [emoji20]

I haven't updated in a few days, at first because I was really busy. Things were going well and I did my routines and workouts. I even bought and used gym rings for the inverted rows of my StartBodyweight workout (worked perfectly). Then I woke up sick on Wednesday. It mostly just seems like the crud, though there were some stomach issues early yesterday. I feel better today, but still really tired and congested. I'll update Saturday-Tuesday soon.

• Like 2

Battle Log

Okay, here's the rest of last week's updates

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Morning Routine

• 15 minute Beginner Flexibility yoga routine
  • NF Yoga Wrist Mobility.
  • Energize meditation practice, 5 minutes. This did not seem to energize me, it made me sleepy.
  • I was tired today so I did a 10 minute walk for my exercise

Afternoon Routine

• I dusted for the daily cleaning

Non-routine stuff

• I finished with 12,185 steps
  • I stuck with my plans, lots of veggies/fruit and nothing processed.
  • No tossed or finished produce but I'm working my way through what I've bought.

Sunday, November 13, 2016

This was a good week, though I was really tired by the time I got to the end of it. I averaged 11,586 steps. I earned 26.75 points this week. That puts me at 54.5 points since the last time I redeemed points. 

Morning Routine

• 30 minute Beginner Combination yoga routine. This counts as both my yoga and my exercise on Sunday.
  • Listening to Understand meditation. It was 5 minutes long.

Non-routine stuff

• I finished with 5,257 steps 
  • We went to the movies today so there was junk food and I didn't get as many fruits and veggies as I have been. However I had a really healthy stirfry for dinner.

Battle Log

What movie did you go to? Sometimes it is a nice break to just have the junky food for one meal, especially when it is followed up by a healthy meal

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

And here is this week so far.

Monday, November 14, 2016

Morning Routine

• Twist & Align yoga routine
  • Tried a new mobility video call Hip Mobility 1. It was more of an instruction video and there was really only one stretch and I had to stretch the other side after the video. There are two more of these (hip mobility 2 and 3). If the other two are the same I'll probably put together the three stretches as a mobility option.
  • Cultivating Patience meditation, 6 minutes. Really need this one, I hope it helps.
  • I did the Startbodyweight workout, 3 sets and 2:00 minutes rest between sets. I did the warm-up and cool-down.
    • Box pistol squats onto bench: 8,8,7
    • Leg Assisted Pull-ups: 7,6,6
    • Incline Pike Diamond Push-ups: 8,8,7
    • Hanging Straight Leg Raises: 7,7,6
    • Push-ups: 4,3,2; Almost back to where I was before the vacation
    • Inverted Rows Legs Bent: 4,4,4; I bought gymnastic rings and they worked great for this. 
    • Side Plank: 40 seconds each side; I'm going to try for 50 seconds next time

Afternoon Routine

• I cleaned glass/screens for the daily cleaning

Non-routine stuff

• I finished with 12,668 steps
  • Did pretty well with my eating, but didn't get as many fruits and veggies as I have been.
  • Finished the spinach and bell pepper. No tossed produce

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Morning Routine

• 10 minute Intermediate Balance yoga routine; I am really, REALLY not ready for this one!
  • Hip Mobility 2 video. It was the same format as the other, so I'm going to watch the third one and see what the stretch is and add it to these two to make a mobility routine
  • Balanced Awareness, 5 minutes. I really liked this one. It kept me focused and I felt very good after it was over.
  • I was sore and really tired today so I didn't even try a run. I did a 30 minute walk instead.

Non-routine stuff

• By the end of the day I was feeling really tired and I forgot to even try to get the rest of my steps. I finished the day with 10,567 steps. 
  • Lots of veggies/fruit and nothing processed.
  • No tossed or finished produce.

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

I woke up sick today. I think that's why I've been so tired for a few days. I didn't do any exercise, yoga or meditation. I did nothing around the house either. I finished the day with 3,284 steps.

Thursday, November 17, 2016

I felt some better today, but was still really congested and tired. I didn't do any exercise, yoga or meditation again. When I started feeling a little better in the evening I did get up and do some things around the house. Just basics like the dishes, making the bed and picking up some. I finished the day with 5,177 steps.

Battle Log

Friday, November 18, 2016

I'm feeling a good bit better today, though I'm still struggling with fatigue. I did my routines, though I took it easy with most things and was a little slower getting things done. I didn't want to miss a strength workout this week and lose progress again, so I decided to do the Startbodyweight workout. Rather than stick with a certain amount of rest between sets though I just rested until I felt like I was ready again. That did make the workout a little longer but it worked and I was able to complete the workout. I think I'm going to do that from now on. I think I might have better luck with some things and I think sometimes the rest might actually be a little less. I felt pretty good after the workout, but I'm currently feeling very, VERY tired, so I'm probably going to take a small nap.

Morning Routine

• Twist & Align yoga routine
  • Healthy Joints mobility routine
  • Cultivating Positive Energy meditation, 5 minutes. 
  • I did the Startbodyweight workout, 3 sets and variable rest between sets. I did the warm-up but skipped the cool-down because the workout had already run long.
    • Box pistol squats onto bench: 8,8,8
    • Leg Assisted Pull-ups: 7,7,6
    • Incline Pike Diamond Push-ups: 8,8,8
    • Hanging Straight Leg Raises: 7,7,7
    • One Elevated Leg, Straight Legs Bench Dip: 4,4,4; These went better this time and I kept my leg elevated. The only issue is that it makes my back hurt at the top of my hips. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, I tried several different things but nothing helped.
    • Inverted Rows Legs Bent: 5,4,4;
    • Side Plank: 50 seconds each side; These still suck but I was able to do 50 seconds. I may try 60 next time just so I can move on. I'm very tired of side planks

Afternoon Routine

• I didn't do the daily cleaning because by then the fatigue was really kicking in. It's possible I'll feel like it after a nap

Non-routine stuff

• It's still really early so I'll post my steps tomorrow.
  • So far my eating has been pretty good, but again it's early.
  • So far today nothing finished and nothing tossed as far as produce goes.

Battle Log

30 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

What movie did you go to? Sometimes it is a nice break to just have the junky food for one meal, especially when it is followed up by a healthy meal

We went to see Dr. Strange. It was really good. I agree that it's nice to have that junky meal sometimes. We only go to the movies about every 2-3 months so I don't see any reason not to enjoy it when we do. The healthy meal actually felt really good after that too, like I really needed it after all the junk.

• Like 2

Battle Log