Ukulele plucking

I've learnt a few instruments; one classically, which is my profession, and others to varying degrees of learning. I don't necessarily think that to learn an instrument you need to pay for the proper lessons; my grandfather taught me to play the guitar and for that instrument I've never had any formal training; yet after a few years I'm not half-bad at it. Buuuut If you would really like to start from scratch and eradicate any bad habits the best way to go might be a few lessons, even if its just a few to get you started. You could check in at guitar shops nearby; there are often notice boards with teachers offering their services there; and you might find a few workshops going on. Sometimes having somebody more experienced to guide you in person can be really beneficial :) 

Stella   ::   Sprightly Elf   ::   Level 1

Me!      ::    Battle log       ::   Challenge

On 9/27/2016 at 10:09 AM, imprimis5 said:

Ok! Another Rebel reminded me this morning that I've let my ukulele learning languish on the back burner. I want to get back to it, and I kind of want to start from scratch. You know, fix some of the bad habits I started with. Any ideas of a good place to start?

I play here and there...not that well mind you :P I always check out youtube. There is a great channel by The Ukulele Teacher that I learned a lot from. My local music shop also has a free ukulele jam session with all levels of players that I'm too afraid to go to but really want to. Maybe there is something like that in your area?

3 minutes ago, Rosie's Riveter said:

I play here and there...not that well mind you :P I always check out youtube. There is a great channel by The Ukulele Teacher that I learned a lot from. My local music shop also has a free ukulele jam session with all levels of players that I'm too afraid to go to but really want to. Maybe there is something like that in your area?

Very neat. A quick search showed me that there's a Ukulele Fight Club in St. Louis that does biweekly get-togethers. Maybe I'll check that. Also, I'll check out the YouTube channel you mentioned. Thanks!

• Like 1

Rangers, ho!

My Character and Epic Quest

My current Challenge

Previous Challenges: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8