Mini Woots

Can I do mini woots?  I really want to celebrate the mini victories I have, but I have no where to share them.  If there is somewhere else that this is more appropriate to post, just let me know.  I'm still new here! 😶

Tuesday 9/27/2016

- I had an after dinner snack of hummus.  I decided to try some carrots and celery sticks with it.  I didn't really like it, but I tried it.  I ate the veggies separate and broke out the garlic bagel chips - a weakness of mine.  I had just enough and I stopped.  I looked at the bag of chips and hummus thinking "I could totally eat all of this".  But I didn't.  I was satisfied.  I was full.  It was delicious.  I put it all away and had no guilt.  AWESOME!

Wednesday 9/28/2016

- I forgot to buy eggs at the store (again).  I had choices.  I could either scrounge and come up with something that probably wouldn't be filling, healthy, or what my body needed to start the day.  OR I could spend a little money and pick up some eggs and sausage on the way.  I put the random food back into the fridge and stopped on the way into work for my food.  I also resisted the temptation to get the meal that included home fries and toast.  I ate my food.  I felt satisfied and just full - not naptime full.  YES!

If you have any mini victories you want to share, please do!

• Like 2

My lunches this week don't have enough protein (shrimp fried rice) so after lunch I stay hungry.  I avoided hitting the vending machine by going to 7-11 and getting some beef jerky to last the rest of the week.

Not the finest food, but better than a bag of Cheetos or a pack of M&Ms.

• Like 1

My Battle Log 

I'm on Strava for my running now.

Check out Kick! too.  You unlock gear with your progress on Strava.

7 minutes ago, Mike_d85 said:

My lunches this week don't have enough protein (shrimp fried rice) so after lunch I stay hungry.  I avoided hitting the vending machine by going to 7-11 and getting some beef jerky to last the rest of the week.

Not the finest food, but better than a bag of Cheetos or a pack of M&Ms.

Absolutely better!  WOOT! :)

Yesterday - Dinner failed as in the chicken I made tasted bad (not sure how to save the rest of it).  I had some hummus and ice cream instead. (NOT THE WOOT).  What I wanted to do was eat ALL the things!  I didn't.  I drank some water.  I brushed my teeth, but I didn't eat everything in the kitchen.  In the past it would've been easy to do.

Today - Oktoberfest celebration.  I had 1.5 sausages, pretzels, and a little bit of the lunch I packed.  I had to actually make a conscious effort to not eat all the sausage, lunch, and pretzels.  I am full and satisfied with just 1.5 sausage, about 3 sourdough pretzels, and some tuna salad.  If I get hungry again during the afternoon, I have most of my lunch and some pretzels.  Plus, I was able to participate in a company team building.  I feel very good right now.  Last year, I way over ate, so this is definitely an improvement.

WOOT!!

My husband and I have been trying to lose weight and control our spending. We had noticed that we would spend on average between 100-200$ a week on eating out/Takeout.

So we made a plan. Every weekend we would plan out the coming week's lunches and dinners and do a grocery for missing items. We also give ourselves one day in the week to eat out/order takeout so that we don't have to go cold turkey and inevitably crack and go back to old habits (learned that from past experience)

It's been three weeks now and I am happy to say it is working! ^_^ We've been spending less on food (these last two weeks we only spent $70!) and we have been making an effort to make balanced meals (and trying new recipes) and moving out big butts more. Our weight hasn't gone down much (only about 2lbs) but we feel a lot more energy and motivation to continue.

my little woot of the day.

• Like 2

Cosplayer, Wife, Admin Assistant, Work-in-progress

Cosplay Page *** My Character! *** Journal

On 10/5/2016 at 8:53 AM, Sweet Xana said:

My husband and I have been trying to lose weight and control our spending. We had noticed that we would spend on average between 100-200$ a week on eating out/Takeout.

So we made a plan. Every weekend we would plan out the coming week's lunches and dinners and do a grocery for missing items. We also give ourselves one day in the week to eat out/order takeout so that we don't have to go cold turkey and inevitably crack and go back to old habits (learned that from past experience)

It's been three weeks now and I am happy to say it is working! ^_^ We've been spending less on food (these last two weeks we only spent $70!) and we have been making an effort to make balanced meals (and trying new recipes) and moving out big butts more. Our weight hasn't gone down much (only about 2lbs) but we feel a lot more energy and motivation to continue.

my little woot of the day.

Nice!  Congrats on the change :)

I am fighting with a craving right freaking now.  I "want something sweet", but I am not hungry.  At ALL.  There is no reason for me to eat anything.  My mini woot is that I got up to go to the kitchen to get my yogurt and kept on walking.  I didn't get the yogurt or the pineapple or anything.  I am NOT hungry!  Stupid brain.  I leave work in 1.5 hours, so I am committing to fighting this until dinner.  Then, if I choose to have a snacky plate, I can eat some pineapple or have a square of dark chocolate afterwards

(Very) mini woot time! I'm still very early in my journey and for me, exercise is the hardest part. SO HARD. I'd much rather sit and watch netflix or play a video game than exercise, especially after work (I work customer service at Best Buy, so I'm on my feet all day). So I made a deal with myself. If I followed my gym plan (at least three times a week was my goal, since I'm just starting) for two weeks, I would reward myself with the really, really excellent gym bag I found. 

Well, look what I now own! And now I'm even more motivated to get to the gym because if you think I don't want to show this off you are WRONG. haha. 

20161009_174200.jpg

• Like 2

"The universe is a dark place. I'm trying to make it brighter before I die." - Thane Krios