mgage: respawn

So, I haven't posted in quite some time. Over that time period, I still have gone to the gym, but it hasn't resulted in getting stronger and has been a lot of just messing around with no good plan. In fact, I've probably lost strength even while gaining weight. So, I've decided to leave my old Battle Log behind and start fresh. 

Current weight: 199.2 pounds

Body Fat est: 21%

Waist: 36.5

I had gotten into the 180s, but I am back exactly where I started at the beginning of the year. 

Previous PRs (at BW of 193):

• Squat: 435
  • Bench: 265
  • DL: 465

My goal is to bring my BF down to 10% by summer and beat each of these PRs at a lower weight. Let's do this!

• Like 1

The iron never lies.

I wanted to leave the introduction as just that, but here is a rough idea of my plan for the next few weeks.

It is a tough time to get back to the grind because I will actually be out of the country in Germany for the last two weeks in October. But it may be a blessing in disguise because I won't have the same sort of food temptations there and I will be doing a lot more walking. I think between the increased cardio and controlling my own food better, I hope to actually come back from this trip lighter. 

While in Germany, I will be doing hotel workouts with the crappy hotel gym and some resistance bands. It's the best I can do because I doubt I will have time with my work schedule to get to a real gym. So no powerlifting, but I think it will be a nice change of pace and I will be fresh and ready to squat when I get back.

After I'm back in the U.S., I will be doing a program by Mike Tuchscherer (RPEs, lots of volume and frequency, etc.). When that starts, it will be hardcore powerlifting.

But until then...I'll try to update from Germany. Tschuss!

The iron never lies.

So far, so good. Yesterday I was down to 199.0 and then today down to 198.8. So in my first two days, I'm down 0.4 lbs and waist is down 0.25 inches to 36.25.

Still just messing around in the gym until after my trip and then I'll jump back into powerlifting.

I'm off to Germany tomorrow so I'll try to update while I'm there.

The iron never lies.

Ok, first update from Germany. I've been here three days and have been walking to and from the office, as well as walking around the Old Town. Even though I haven't been strength training while here, my steps have practically doubled and I'm definitely not overindulging in food like at home. 

My waist was down another .25 inches to 36.0 this morning. Tonight I'll do a bit of strength work with my two bands I brought. Let's keep up the momentum!

P.S. my bed has a crazy multi-colored light around it. Tried to upload a pic but no go on the mobile site. 

The iron never lies.

Down to 35.5 inches this morning!  That's down 1 whole inch in two weeks. 

I have two more days in Germany and then home. I do expect the weight and waist to spike back up a bit once I'm back into my normal routine but then I think I can reverse it. This should be a nice kick start to my efforts. 

The iron never lies.

Yesterday was my first morning waking up in the US since my trip. Waist was still 35.3 and weight was 194.2. That's down 1.2" and 5 lbs!

Then I ate lots of pizza and tacos...

But today, back on the macros and hit the gym!

This week I'm just warming up and the real volume starts next week.

Squat: 3x5x275

Deadlift: 5x275

Bench: 3x5x185

Elliptical: 10 minutes

The iron never lies.

Weigh-in this morning:As expected, I had a bit of fluctuation since coming home from Germany. However, I have managed to maintain the weight from the last weigh-in of one week ago. So I'm happy to have managed the potential bounce back because the calories I was eating while traveling were too low to maintain. Now I feel like I've settled again and can keep working down.

(Since respawn point / since last week)

Weight: 194.2 (-5 / 0)

Waist: 35.5 (-1 / +0.2)

The iron never lies.

Week 2, Day 1 was yesterday.

Squat: 1x375, 2x5x305

Deadlift: 2x5x315

The thing about this program is it is tough to fit everything in. For this day I was going to also do Bench but all the benches were taken and I couldn't wait any longer. Off to the gym for more tonight.

The iron never lies.