new from delaware

Hey yall, I recently found Nerd Fitness and got really excited about the set up of this program. I'm looking to get fit. yea that's pretty general. My main goals without time frame is to compete in 5k races possibly up to iron-mans, I want to compete in triathlons. My main interests currently are mountain biking and road cycling. Though I have just recently started road cycling. I do kayaking, camping and some hiking. I want to learn more such as climbing, spelunking, white water kayaking, etc. My current stats are 6'1", 270 lbs. Number wise I figure to get down to about 200 but I know that may not be the case in the end. I want to lose a lot of weight and build up muscle and improve flexibility. I currently am working on a regimen that will best suit my needs. I have currently started running for about 35 min each evening on the treadmill. My current goal is to keep running and biking, and start with body weight training (until i get my fat % down), and yoga. I have a buddy who has a hard time keeping with programs whom i referred this site to and am hoping he starts it, that way we can do it together. Motivation is one of my major issues with maintaining working out. I tend to drop off after about a month if I'm doing it alone. My diet is a little bit of a mess. I'm mostly just trying to watch what I eat and try to stick with just water. I'm looking at the Paleo, though it will be hard to give up certain foods. Well thats basically the gist, can't wait to dive in and started turning my life around, and who knows, maybe help somebody in the process.

Be Hey! I'll tag @RandMart so that he can say hello (in his own "unique" style) :P since he's also a triathlete and might be able to give you some advice. 

You've listed a LOT of things that you want to change there, and my advice is to make sure you don't try to take on too much at once. If you usually burn out after a month then just KISS (keep it stupidly simple). Have a read of This article about motivation to help you get a structure for maintaining your motivation for longer tha a month, and This one about biting off more than we can chew. 

Good luck with your goals and I hope to see you around. :) 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously