Random Exercising

Leveling up my life must really be getting to me. Last week I broke my five years of strict vegetarianism by suddenly going paleo. This week I've actually stuck to an exercise routine, now that I have nergy for the first time in half a decade. In fact, I had so much energy at 3am today that I went out and went on a walk. I walked... and I walked... and I walked... and when I finally checked the time, an hour and fifty three minutes had gone by! I thought, well, jeez-- may as wel make it a straight two hours! I walked seven miles this morning and barely noticed. That's HUGE. I normally only get out of bed to sit in a chair or walk through the house. I can't believe things are actually starting to change! This is so exciting!

Also, as a dedicated sugar-addict, I can't recommend paleo highly enough. The first two days sucked. Since then, it's a dream come true.

• Like 4

Awesome progress!

Diet truly is 80-90% (depends on who you ask) of the battle.  It makes a huge difference when you start eating right.  A lot of people who go vegetarian/vegan do it on principle but don't take the time to understand that they need to have an intake of certain foods to provide their body with the proper building blocks for it to perform properly not just during exercise but for daily function as well.

I would not be surprised if you had issues getting proper fats, essential amino acids, and carbohydrates day to day.  These seem to be the things most vegetarians/vegans struggle with most.  I'm not saying these are bad diets, simply stating that there is more to it than food elimination alone if you want to feel good and do right by your body.

It seems to me like making that switch to Paleo has re-introduced macro and micronutrients that you were struggling to get before.  I'm glad you are feeling better and more energetic!

As far as the sugar thing goes, all carbohydrates are sugars.  What matters most is the source and quantity of the sugars.  A piece of fruit will do you far more good than a sugary beverage (pop, juice, etc) simply because of the fiber and the micronutrients (vitamins and minerals) packed into it.

• Like 2

Wow @Kage, that's awesome! I'm so glad to hear that it's working for you and that you feel so good. 

Ps. Sorry for not being in touch, things have been so hectic IRL lately. 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously