Need help rekindling my flame!

I started running...jogging...fast walking and wheezing around last December.  Since then I've gone from being able to only jog for about 30 seconds, to being able to jog about 4 miles.  For the first time in my life I actually have visible leg muscles if I'm sitting the right way.  But in the last month I've seemed to have lost my fire.  I've gone from jogging like six days a week to only jogging like one day if I'm lucky.  I keep finding excuses.  My fire has gone out.  I really need to lose weight.  I'm 5'6" and 235lbs.  Even though

How do I get it back?

I really need to lose weight.  I'm 5'6" and 235lbs.  Even though I'm not at the 255lbs that I started at, I'm still well into the obese category.  I need to lose weight, but I need help.

Man, I feel you so much right now. I'm still running 3-4 times a week, but I can feel my fire guttering.

Some advice I recently received centered largely around setting goals. For me, my goal (and the thing that's keeping me training at all) is that I am running a 5k in less than a month. Would having a specific, achievable goal or deadline like that help you out?

• Like 1

Rangers, ho!

My Character and Epic Quest

My current Challenge

Previous Challenges: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

I second the goal thing - its always great to have your eyes set on a specific outcome! 

It might also be worth it to try something new. Yoga, dancing, martial arts, body weight workouts, weightlifting - it doesn't have to be all running all the time. Try something fun to toss it up!

(Also - if you haven't already - check out Zombies! Run! to accompany you on your runs. :) )

• Like 1

Fallaces sunt rerum species et hominum spes fallunt.

44 minutes ago, imprimis5 said:

Man, I feel you so much right now. I'm still running 3-4 times a week, but I can feel my fire guttering.

Some advice I recently received centered largely around setting goals. For me, my goal (and the thing that's keeping me training at all) is that I am running a 5k in less than a month. Would having a specific, achievable goal or deadline like that help you out?

Well I do want to get a season pass next year for a local water park.  I want to lose weight so I don't look the mass of most other marine mammals.  There is also a zombie themed run in my area in Octobers that I would like to compete in next year.