Otterbyte is ready to play

Hello, everyone! I'm otterbyte, and I'm very happy to have found this group of folks. I'm a 47-yo mother of 2, and wife to @Bighara, who introduced himself earlier. We have both been active on and off during our lives, but entered our mid-40s pretty out of shape and wanting to change before it was too late, and we ended up old and sick, wondering what happened. :nightmare: 

Six months ago we started a cardio kickboxing class, plus did a lot of work improving our diets. We're currently exercising 3-4 times a week and have gotten to our target weights.

I'd like to get stronger and improve my agility. I've been very interested in bodyweight exercises, calisthenics, and would love to learn parkour! So I chose Assassin as my class. I've just started doing GMB's Vitamin course, and I'd like to get started doing bodyweight exercise progressions (I'm using startbodyweight.com, as recommended on these boards). Eventually, I may get up the nerve to take a parkour class. ^_^

I look forward to posting my first challenge and meeting everyone!

-otterbyte

• Like 1

otterbyte, level 3 chirpy otter assassin

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 3|WIS 4|CHA 3

current challenges: otterbyte juggles priorities  \\ old challenges:4-week: DEC16 * JAN17 * FEB 17 * APR 17 * JAN 18\\ Assassin MiniChallenge: Epic Throwdown Championship * Assassin's Age: Origins \\ Monkey Tamers United

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Samuel Beckett

Welcome! 47 is about how old I was when I started on my fitness journey. Congrats on getting in shape. I loved GMB's  vitamin course. I became so much more aware of how my body moved. @AthenaMM uses startbodyweight , and has made great progress.

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Thanks for the welcome, @Elastigirl! It's really inspiring to know that other folks have travelled this path successfully. I'm eager to find out all the places I'll get to along this journey. ^_^

otterbyte, level 3 chirpy otter assassin

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 3|WIS 4|CHA 3

current challenges: otterbyte juggles priorities  \\ old challenges:4-week: DEC16 * JAN17 * FEB 17 * APR 17 * JAN 18\\ Assassin MiniChallenge: Epic Throwdown Championship * Assassin's Age: Origins \\ Monkey Tamers United

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Samuel Beckett