Introducing Kosareh

I joined Nerd Fitness today. I found this site because of a guest blog by Jim Hodgson, “Lessons From A Former Fat Guy.” I am both a former and current fat guy. Six years ago, I lost 80 pounds and ran marathons and ultra marathons. After running the Goofy Challenge with very little training in 2013, I burned out of running. I had already begun gaining the weight back, but the last three years have been a roller coaster ride back to 280. 

I am currently at 275, and have set a goal to compete in an IronMan before December 25, 2021. I will be 50 years old by that date. My other long term goal is to return to my healthy weight of 165. I was 162 pounds when my enlistment in the Marine Corps ended. I’d love to get back to that.

I will be posting my first challenge as a Rebel in a few minutes. Please give me encouragement if you will.

By the way, Kosar-eh is the name of a character in a couple of books by Willam Sarabande. Kosar-eh had been injured in a hunting accident, and could no longer hunt, so he served as a “funny man” in the tribe. The following quote shows why I chose this name:

“Cha-kwena’s reprimand angered everyone but Kosar-eh. He was a large man for one born to the People of the Red World—- big and heavily muscled across the upper back and neck.” 

Despite the scars and loss of use of his left arm, Kosar-eh had an inner strength to match his outward strength. He found ways to help his people.419636_329045003797848_623157272_n.jpg

• Like 1

Battle Log: Tales of Kosareh

DailyMile

Challenge 1

Challenge 2