Because even bards need to level

So!  Finally getting back on track with fitness.  I'm brand new to this site.  I used to be relatively fit?  And then I moved to Boston 11 years ago, hit a bunch of hurdles with depression, teaching myself to be an adult and cook right, food allergies(dammit gluten, stop being delicious) and now being on the road a lot with my band(and the crappy food challenges that comes along with that).  So I'm at 216 right now, which is...not great on a dude who's only 5'7" but I guess could be worse(considering when I got married 2 years ago I was near 250).  I'm trying to decide if I should set an end goal of "XXX pounds", but right now my goal is to hit 199 and be below 200 for the first time in like...13 years?  And to stay in shape; dudes in my family tend to go to pot after marriage, so my goal is to do the opposite.  And honestly?  I want to stay on the road with music, and I know it's going to be easier to do that in better shape, without aching joints and extra baggage keeping breath from me.

So yup.  This is me.  33 years old and pushing to get my ass back in gear and in shape.

Throwing up before pictures because I feel like that'll be motivating for me.

IMG_0685.JPG

IMG_0677.JPG

Just now, drewsilver said:

Thanks, and the same to you!  What are your goals?

Hmm... No specific numbers at this point, but I'd like to get better at body weight training, parkour and gymnastics. I learned how to do rolls from studying aikido, but I'm hoping to branch off and learn some new skills like hand stands and cartwheels. Currently I can't do either of those. Also, pull ups: to be able to do them again would be great. :)