I'm Rafael the Ranger & I start the challenge tomorrow!

I just found out about Nerd Fitness and it's such a fun concept! I am a life long nerd, and I have also been trying to lose weight/get in shape for most of my life too.  To be able to combine both of those things is amazing to me.  

At one time I was an ultra marathoner and still overweight.  I would do 50 mile runs and even one 250 mile run.  However that all ended when I got prostate cancer and then nearly died from surgery #1.  I have had two more since then, April 2014, and radiation/hormone treatment to kill the cancer inside me.  I don't want to use cancer as an excuse to be overweight, because I don't want to survive cancer just to die from an obesity related disease.  

If you will look at my 4 week challenge, I am starting Week 0 tomorrow, because I want to start at Level 0. That is where I feel like I'm at. Like Kung Fu Panda, there is a level 0. Just planning this out is a lot of fun.  I am really looking forward to this. :applause:

• Like 2

I took a before picture yesterday.  

On 11/26/2016 at 3:12 PM, Mechthild said:

Hi and welcome from another noob at NerdFitness. I'm sort of in the same boat as you, except my cancer was breast cancer and my treatments were this year.

It is a lot of fun to get started and feel like you are getting your grip on life back. 

Go you!

You are a Survivor!  Its been really hard adjusting to life after my surgeries and treatments.  I am definitely overeating in order to cope with it.  Well, that has to change.  Becoming a Ranger will help. Follow me and keep me posted on your progress. :)

• Like 1