Audrey here, long time nerd, short time rebel.  (as in I recently joined not that I plan to be here short time.)  I'm a reasonably fit person, and I love going on adventures, and I want to keep going on bigger and better adventures for a long time.  I'm a IRL nurse and I see a lot of people that don't take care of themselves- I don't want to be like that.  I want to be like one of my co-workers who is about to be 72 who still climbs on the chairs to put decorations on the wall and has balls of steel when she walks home alone at night in a bad neighborhood.  Nerd fitness has inspired me and introduced to me to new and interesting ways to burn calories and shed stress.  I recently joined a LARP group, and today I will go on my first geocaching search.  I hope these forums will help me meet other members of the nerd tribe and motivate me to further my goals.

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, Audrey Hunter said:

Audrey here, long time nerd, short time rebel.  (as in I recently joined not that I plan to be here short time.)  I'm a reasonably fit person, and I love going on adventures, and I want to keep going on bigger and better adventures for a long time.  I'm a IRL nurse and I see a lot of people that don't take care of themselves- I don't want to be like that.  I want to be like one of my co-workers who is about to be 72 who still climbs on the chairs to put decorations on the wall and has balls of steel when she walks home alone at night in a bad neighborhood.  Nerd fitness has inspired me and introduced to me to new and interesting ways to burn calories and shed stress.  I recently joined a LARP group, and today I will go on my first geocaching search.  I hope these forums will help me meet other members of the nerd tribe and motivate me to further my goals.

Welcome Audrey! You came at a great time as we're just about to start a new 4-week challenge. They can be a great way to share your fitness journey and meet other nerds if you feel like trying the format.

Level 38 [TBD]

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 4:08 PM, Kes said:

Welcome!  Feel free to ask any questions. Do you have any preliminary goals you're thinking about setting for yourself?

Thanks!  I don't have any specific goals- just the general be able to do more things, more push ups, more hiking, more running around and hitting people with foam swords, etc

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 3:15 PM, Elastigirl said:

Did you enjoy geocaching? I love geocaching.Love your adventure motivation!

I did enjoy it!  I felt like a spy or something, and I hope to do more geocaching especially when the weather warms up.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Audrey Hunter said:

Thanks!  I don't have any specific goals- just the general be able to do more things, more push ups, more hiking, more running around and hitting people with foam swords, etc

I did enjoy it!  I felt like a spy or something, and I hope to do more geocaching especially when the weather warms up.

I feel like I'm a spy on a secret mission when I'm geocaching. We haven't done much in the last few months, because of coldness, but maybe we'll get a chance over the holidays

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27