Hey All,

New guy here (joined Tuesday) and still reading through most of the site.

Spent most of my life growing up as severely underweight. People used to say I'd snap in half if I sneezed. Yeah, well, nobody says that anymore. 5'6 and 200 pounds (I'm having my bodyfat done this afternoon at DEXA). I still have a very thin frame so all that extra weight certainly isn't helping. I know this is possible 'cause I lost 40 pounds via Medifast and kept it off for a year or so. Most of it came back slowly, over the last 2 years. Blah blah depression, blah blah meds, and so on - I'm sure it's not an uncommon situation.

About a week ago, I decided I was going to EDC in Vegas next June. My first festival of any kind. I'm 51 and am quite aware of how out of place I'd be: physically, energetically, socially (social anxiety and all), and so on. But I went ahead and got the tickets/hotel. Even talked some friends into going. So that gave me a target date - June 17, 2017. My first level target goal is a little more difficult. I'd like to be able to take my shirt off and not be embarrassed, but I know that's not specific enough. I wanted to have a 30 inch waist (or smaller!), as that's where I was before I started putting on weight back in the early 90s, but I don't know if that's feasible/possible. So I set a target weight of 150 pounds, as that's what I got down to last time and gives me an 8lb loss per month. I'd like to go lower, but I don't want to set a target I can't hit.

Anyway, that's me. Hope everyone is having a great day and making good choices!

• Like 1

Awesome long term plan! 

Are you going to stick to your battle log only? There's always an option of heading around to the 4 week challenges and setting a couple of habits you aim to build over the course of the four weeks that will help you on your path to weight loss. 

they / them  |  half-orc paladin ( oath of the watcher )   --   lv 0

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

5 hours ago, IAmInfinite said:

Awesome long term plan! 

Are you going to stick to your battle log only? There's always an option of heading around to the 4 week challenges and setting a couple of habits you aim to build over the course of the four weeks that will help you on your path to weight loss. 

Thanks for your comments, Twink and IAmInfinite! :adoration:

I feel like I want to have all of my journey in one place. If I join one of the challenges, I'll probably still do a recap in my daily Battle Log posts. Unless I'm just missing the point of the BLs. 

2 hours ago, brexton.si7 said:

I feel like I want to have all of my journey in one place. If I join one of the challenges, I'll probably still do a recap in my daily Battle Log posts. Unless I'm just missing the point of the BLs. 

Nope, BL can be anything you want them to be. I know a ton of people who just stick to the BL, but then hang around in various guild forums and accountability stuff.

they / them  |  half-orc paladin ( oath of the watcher )   --   lv 0

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

On 12/3/2016 at 1:37 PM, IAmInfinite said:

Nope, BL can be anything you want them to be. I know a ton of people who just stick to the BL, but then hang around in various guild forums and accountability stuff.

Ah - as far as general participation - I tend to be a little quiet. But when I have spare time, I read through most of the forums. I'm not planning on just posting in my BL only - I'll be hanging around the whole site. :)

• Like 1