The Kaizen/Microhabits Challenge
I started this unofficially a few weeks ago and it is time to make it official. My life is overwhelming me at the moment, so tiny steps to start it moving forward again - so tiny that even on the worse days I can accomplish it and keep forward momentum.
Each week I add one new micro habit and/or expand on a previous one.
Tasks In Progress:
1. Take out one piece of recycling on my way out the door. If the garbage or compost is full I'll usually take that out, but some days taking out one can is the biggest task I can handle, so I'm starting there. Successful for about 3 weeks.
2. Walk one flight of stairs at work, then take the elevator the rest of the way. Now up to two floors. Recently I have been taking the stairs all the way but I still have the option of just doing two.
3. Lay out socks for the morning before bed. This was intended to get myself prepping for the morning again, but it's not working. The clothes I end up wearing may need different socks than the ones randomly grabbed. Will rethink this.
Next Week's Tasks:
1. Do just the first movement in the Sun Salutation when I get out of bed.
2. Take vitamins with my morning tea.
The "rules" are only one additional task per week but they both may be needed. I'm falling into some disordered eating habits and I'm pretty sure I can handle both tasks to try and keep myself healthy while I work through it.
Please don't be offended if I don't reply much.