New week new post
14 Aug 2017
1) Ladders Pullups 7-6-5-4-4, BP at 70kg 4-4-5-6-7. Superset with Knee Rehab Stuff (1 leg hinge, pistol sqts, 1 leg hip bridges, overhead sqts). 35min.
2) 10 x EMOM 1Power Clean with 40kg.
3) 3 rds of light bodyweight work. Pike pushups x10, purple Band row x15, 2LR naked TGU. 8min
4) 15min of loaded carries. 20kg kettlebells in various configs. This was tiring!
steps: 10.1k. Good enough.
diet: 1.8k. Did it.
language: 5 x duolingo
15 Aug 2017
AM: physio for the knee. All sorts of strength and some mild ballistics. Lower limbs are fried.
Started this workout running on from the physio. Lower limbs were struggling so I dialed back a little on the knee rehab supersets.
1) Ladders Pullups 7-6-5-5-4, BP at 70kg 4-5-5-6-7. Superset Knee Rehab Static (1 leg hinge, 1 leg hip bridge, pistol squats, overhead squats). 35min.
2) Sumo Deadlift 5 x 5 at 60kg. Yes this is a very light weight to start with, but I rarely did it in the past but decided to give it a shot. Still getting used to the form so will continue to hit it for volume for now. Planning for 3x5 at 65kg tomorrow.
3) Turkish Getups at 8kg for 5xLR. Yup, light as well, the bridge to sweepback with the right leg was not the most stable but I will take it. 12kg next.
4) Knee Rehab Dynamic A. 5 sets of: 10 Jump Lunges, 10 Skater Hops, 10 Jump Squats, 10 Skater Hops. 1min rest in between. Physio says build this up, wasn't that bad!
Steps: 15.2k. Good.
Diet: 2.3k. Maintenance but I wanted the cut. Bah.
Language: 5 x duolingo
16 Aug 2017
1) Pullups 4-5-6-6-7. Superset with Static Knee Rehab (11LR 1 leg hip hinge, 11LR 1 leg hip bridge, 6LR pistol squat). 14min.
2) Clean and Front Squat. 3x5 at 40kg. 8min.
3) TGU 5LR at 12kg. 10min.
4) Dynamic Knee Rehab: Supersets of Jump Lunge, Skater Hops, Jump Squats, Skater Hops. 5 sets on E2MOM, 12-14-16-14-12 reps each exercise. 10min.
5) Airdyne 1 x Tabata. 4min.
60 mins in total for the workout, including moving around and warmup/cooldown. Am happy with the efficiency of this and it felt good, or what I call a Tonic Workout.
Steps: After I read Unplugged by Brian macKenzie over the course of the day, tossed fitbit aside. Hahaha. Let's see how this goes.
Diet: 2.5k. BAH.
Language: 5 x duolingo.
17 Aug 2017
I really am not a morning exercise person I suspect. Morning workouts are always so hard to start, though admittedly I always feel great after.
1) BP 72.5kg for 5-3-2. Snappy. <13min>
2) DL 70kg for 5-3-2. Rebuilding this again. On the lockout I was just a little wary of the right knee though I think there wasn't anything serious to be concerned about - more a mental thing. <13min>
3) Knee Rehab Static (11LR 1 leg hip hinge, 11LR 1 leg hip bridge, 6LR Pistol Squat) superset with Face pulls (green band, 3x20) <9min>
4) TGU 3LR at 16kg. <6min>
5) Knee Rehab Dynamic: Superset - Jump Lunge, Skater Hops, Jump Squats, Skater Hops. 3 sets E2MOM, 12-14-16 rep each exercise. <6min>
Kept it to 60min in total again, inclusive of warmup/cooldown. Good tonic workout. I notice that adding some bodyweight work makes me feel a lot better after the workout. Unfortunately, while this is not a new observation, it is something that is sometimes hard to program.
Diet: 2.3k Calories. Not bad considering most of that was dinner!
Language: 3 x duolingo.
18 Aug 2017
1) FSQT 3x5 at 45kg. Still in rebuilding stage, but it was relatively discomfort free, and good ROM. <9min>
2) Pullups 4-5-6-7-7. Superset with Static Knee Rehab (12LR 1 leg hip hinge, 10LR 1 leg hip bridge Swissball, 7LR pistol squat). <14min>
3) TGU 4xLR at 16kg. <8min>
4) Knee Rehab Dynamic: Superset - Jump Lunge, Skater Hops, Jump Squats, Skater Hops. 4 sets E2MOM, 12-14-16-14 rep each exercise. <8min>
5) Bookended by Original Strength Resets for 5min each for warmup/cooldown.
Whole workout was done in less than an hour. I wasn't feeling all enthusiastic about this workout to be honest, being hungover does that to you. However, I just showed up and punched the clock and did the bare minimum programmed so am pleased with that.
Diet: 2.8k. Too much!
Language: 5x duolingo
19 Aug 2017
1) Warmup 5min. Halos with 5kg plate, some goblet squats. Complex with empty bar, each exercise x 2reps, Bent Row, Hang Clean, OHP, Front Squat, Push Press, Back Squat, Good Morning, Power Snatch.
2) BP 75kg for 5-3-2. No drama. I really truncate the warmups now, just do 5 reps with empty bar and then 1 rep at 70kg and off we go.
3) DL 75kg for 5-3-2. Warmup is 2 reps at 70kg then off we go.
TOTAL: 30mins and a nice thing to get out of the way early in the day. Short workout as I had some errands to run for the kids, but will do some Knee Rehab, Bodyweight stuff later in the afternoon or evening.
45 mins of Knee Rehab Work. Range of Motion (ROM), Strength, Balance, Gait and Light Plyo work. Tomorrow is REST day and looking forward to it.
Diet: 2.6k. Tomorrow is gonna be another washout. Monday will have to be a low cal day.
Language: 5 x duolingo
Others: watched Train to Busan. Zombie movie done korean style. Pretty damn good and more than just a zombie show.
20 August 2017
phy trg: REST DAY except for some light knee rehab.
Diet: 2.4k calories. Better than expected... watched myself during champagne brunch (only meal I ate all day!)
Language: 5x duolingo