So, I’ve done a few challenges already and I’ve decided to do a battle log as well, so I can keep better track of everything I’m doing and to keep myself more accountable. I haven’t been posting as much to the challenge threads as I’d like so I’m hoping I’ll post more here.
A little about me: I’m Jupiter, I’m 28 and I work a stressful desk job with (mostly) long hours. My main goal is just to be healthier, get in shape, and put more balance into my life (and not work myself into the ground like I have been for the last few years).
So, to accomplish this goal I have a few smaller goals. I’ve used them for my challenges and they’ve surprisingly been working, so I want to keep going and just increase the difficulty level.
Yoga twice a week for at least 20 minutes.
- This has become my zen time LOL. I really enjoy it, though I still can’t do some of the more challenging poses and some days I can barely do the easier ones. It’s a work in progress.
Walk and get in between 3500 steps and 6000 steps a day (this may or may not happen on yoga days, depending on my energy levels).
- I convinced my coworker to go walking with me at lunch when she’s in the office, and I plan on taking my dog for walks after work, so I think this is doable.
Cook at least one semi-healthy meal once or twice a week.
- This will probably be my biggest overhaul. I’ve done nothing but eat takeout for months because work has been so busy but now I’m forcing this habit back to life. I’ve been tracking everything I eat for the last two weeks and the results have been equally interesting and alarming. So I really want to try to focus on eating healthier foods.
Write between 1500 and 2000 words a day.
Revise 1 hour a day.
- I’m trying to be a writer and build up a writing career on the side (it’s going very, very slowly so far) but these last few weeks I’ve gotten way off track, so now it’s time to get this car back on the rails and get the work done.
Read at least 20 to 30 minutes every other day.
- I love to read but it’s been hard this year with all the hours I’ve been working and I’m not sure I’ll reach my reading challenge goal this year. I’m doing a new reading challenge for next year and I’m determined to reach it.
Sketch at least once or twice a week.
- I haven’t drawn anything in a while, and while I’m bad at it, I like it and I want to get better at it.
Anyway, that’s all I’ve got. Thanks for reading.