Science fiction!

Science fiction is My Thing, so I've got a bunch. What kind of stuff do you like? Hard, science-based sci-fi like The Martian or more conventional stuff like Star Trek/Star Wars? Stories set in 2018 or stories set thousands of years in the future?

Here's a few that I recommend to anybody:

• Seveneves by Neal Stephenson: The moon explodes, and humanity has to survive an apocalypse of meteor strikes by sending as many people as they can into space station habitats.
  • Lock In by John Scalzi: A pandemic leaves millions of people paralyzed inside their bodies, unable to speak, hear, or see. Doctors invent brain/machine interfaces so paralyzed patients can drive robots around, and these robots emerge as a new minority class of people fighting for equality. (If you're into audible, John Scalzi also wrote a short story performed by Zachary Quinto called The Dispatcher. It's extremely good, and best if you don't know anything about it at all.)
  • We Are Legion (We Are Bob) by Dennis E. Taylor: A silicon valley millionaire wakes up in the future as a brain in a jar, and he's in charge of manning a Von Neumann probe sent into deep space to explore and replicate itself.

I hope you find something you love!

• Thanks 1

1) Just about anything by Ben Bova.His Tales of the Grand Tour books start with a near-future humanity and take us all the way out to colonizing other planets. Similar to Heinlein, he operates off a baseline future history so there's a certain amount of consistency to how his universe feels.

2) John C Wright's The Golden Oecumene series. Not to everyone's taste, but I enjoyed it.

I'd also recommend getting yourself a voting membership to the Hugos. It costs about $40/year but you get access to way more than $40 worth of reading material. Plus, you get to help decide who gets the Hugo award for that year.

"If you would improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

"You just gotta listen to your body, unless it's saying anything about stopping, pain, your joints, or needing water."

Level 20 Pilgrim (Adventurer 7, Assassin 3, Druid 2, Monk 10, Ranger 5, Rebel 9, Scout 10, Warrior 4)