Noddy the rebel finally respawns

So... I let all my awesome work at the gym and food wise go away when I tried intuitive eating for 2 years. Also because my boyfriend finally moved in and he hates the gym/exercise/vegetables.

I'm done with it though. My body is my body. And I clearly have food issues. I read BLE which probably is the new diet rage. I really like it because the diet includes paleo eating with the added brighter lines. I think that's my problem. I seriously can't have cocoa, cacau or any kind of dark chocolate. That's the beginning of the end. I also can't have flour or sugar/sweeteners. Paleo only worked for me before I started being creative. I need simple food. It's a pity... but that's how it is.

BLE comes with portion sizes, which I'm doing... more or less. I really think the protein and fat portion sizes are lower than they should. But it does keep me nicely fed and losing weight, so I can't and to be honest I'm afraid to change those portions. But I do get creative around those every now and then.

I re started stronglifts although I'm probably gonna move to Starting strength. It's been a month and I'm already stalling with some exercises. THIS is not fun...It makes me wanna quit weight lifting. I really don't know why I'm so weak! I had this problem before with stronglifts. So maybe Starting Strenght will help me out. I seriously can't afford a personal trainer right now.

Unfortunately, because both these programs are full body, I can only train 2x week. I'm a nurse and work long shifts (13h). I won't force myself to work out between night shifts, because I'm sleep deprived already. And I won't work twice in a row. So that's basically it.

And I'm gonna keep it this simple so I'll be able to keep this.

So this is my progress so far. I started the BLE diet on the 10th of April, weighing 82kg, and now I'm 72.1kg, having re-started proper weight lifting in June. 

And this is it :) 

P.S. Does anyone play Black Desert Online? :D On the Europe servers? ^^

IMG_2017-07-14_11-51-11.JPG

• Like 2

Nadoriel

NODDY'S GRINDING LOG

NODDY'S ENTERS THE HISTORIC RUINS (challenge)

Race: Half Demon | Class: Adventurer | Character sheet

- - -

DeviantArt

Welcome back!

I totally get the whole living with someone who doesn't gym or eat veggies. My wife is like that. If I cook veggies for her, she'll eat them. But left to her own devices her diet would be pizza and burgers. And it's hard to keep up the exercise motivation when you're the only one doing it (but that's what NF is for!)

I only usually have time to workout twice a week too. But it's better than none, right? And I'm sure as a nurse you're basically on your feet all day. We usually don't think of that kind of thing as exercise, but it does add up. :)

Looking good!

• Like 2

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

Welcome back!

I totally get the whole living with someone who doesn't gym or eat veggies. My wife is like that. If I cook veggies for her, she'll eat them. But left to her own devices her diet would be pizza and burgers. And it's hard to keep up the exercise motivation when you're the only one doing it (but that's what NF is for!)

I only usually have time to workout twice a week too. But it's better than none, right? And I'm sure as a nurse you're basically on your feet all day. We usually don't think of that kind of thing as exercise, but it does add up. [emoji4]

Looking good!

Hi zeroh!

Thank you so much for your reply and support. It is hard indeed.. Although he definitely does not try anything of my veggies unless it's a salad. Usually one piece of lettuce and a cherry tomato ahaha xD

The thing about being on my feet is nice.. But basically I work 12h shifts. During those days/nights I might be on my feet a lot (and that does not mean walking) but I'm a couch potato on the off days xD. Taking those 40min when I hit the gym.

But like you said.. It's better than nothing! And I'm excited to be back and have some support and knowledge from this side. As a nerd I have no friends that know something about lifting or being active. And there's too much info outside... It gets confusing

Let's do this!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Nadoriel

NODDY'S GRINDING LOG

- - -

DeviantArt

I relate to this! My boyfriend doesn't like most foods I like and his version of good food is anything out of a box, which my body hates. I eat pizza and get so sick. But shopping and cooking for two completely diets: not working. :| I'm trying to figure something out.

Being a nurse is hard work! Do you count your steps and activity during your shifts? Also, thanks. Nurses don't get thank you's enough! 

• Like 2

Character | Twitter | IG

"The brave men did not kill dragons. The brave men rode them." - GoT

I relate to this! My boyfriend doesn't like most foods I like and his version of good food is anything out of a box, which my body hates. I eat pizza and get so sick. But shopping and cooking for two completely diets: not working. :| I'm trying to figure something out.

Being a nurse is hard work! Do you count your steps and activity during your shifts? Also, thanks. Nurses don't get thank you's enough! 

I think our main problem is the money spent on shopping 2 different lists xD then again I eat plenty of veggies and protein while pizzas can be super cheap. I might be the problem actually :x

I'm teaching him how to cook! XD whatever he wants to learn. So far he's learned how to make rice and... Ohh he made a cheesecake as well.

But other than that I usually cook meat. He eats in on the bread/with rice/fries or wtv. And I cook my own veggies or make a salad. He sometimes buys the pizzas he can just bake and eat. Not my problem. Well, the money is xD

Thank you! I actually don't count my steps anymore. I used to do it a while ago when I counted calories. I had a fitbit so that was nice and easy. I changed my job in between so I've got no clue to what happens now. I feel I'm mostly on my feet, but actually not walking much? Gives me heavy legs at the end of the shift.

And thanks ^^ I'm quite happy with it. I mean, I wouldn't mind more money. But it's a nice job :) I don't think any of us gets enough thanks XD we kinda suck at it, don't we?

• Like 1

Nadoriel

NODDY'S GRINDING LOG

- - -

DeviantArt

On 8/4/2017 at 4:35 PM, Nadoriel said:

I think our main problem is the money spent on shopping 2 different lists xD then again I eat plenty of veggies and protein while pizzas can be super cheap. I might be the problem actually :x

I'm teaching him how to cook! XD whatever he wants to learn. So far he's learned how to make rice and... Ohh he made a cheesecake as well.

But other than that I usually cook meat. He eats in on the bread/with rice/fries or wtv. And I cook my own veggies or make a salad. He sometimes buys the pizzas he can just bake and eat. Not my problem. Well, the money is xD

Thank you! I actually don't count my steps anymore. I used to do it a while ago when I counted calories. I had a fitbit so that was nice and easy. I changed my job in between so I've got no clue to what happens now. I feel I'm mostly on my feet, but actually not walking much? Gives me heavy legs at the end of the shift.

And thanks ^^ I'm quite happy with it. I mean, I wouldn't mind more money. But it's a nice job :) I don't think any of us gets enough thanks XD we kinda suck at it, don't we?

I hate shopping in general, and shopping for two isn't any more fun. Haha I don't know how parents do it! It's a good and bad thing that he and like different foods. I go to make dinner and he doesn't like anything in it. More for me I guess! We're slowly figuring it out. 

Most of my work requires me to sit, which isn't good. I've looked at getting a standing desk so I can switch back and forth. 

More thank yous are definitely needed! I try to say thanks to servers too. I know there are a lot of thankless jobs. 

• Like 1

Character | Twitter | IG

"The brave men did not kill dragons. The brave men rode them." - GoT

24 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

I hate shopping in general, and shopping for two isn't any more fun. Haha I don't know how parents do it! It's a good and bad thing that he and like different foods. I go to make dinner and he doesn't like anything in it. More for me I guess! We're slowly figuring it out. 

Most of my work requires me to sit, which isn't good. I've looked at getting a standing desk so I can switch back and forth. 

More thank yous are definitely needed! I try to say thanks to servers too. I know there are a lot of thankless jobs. 

Ahh yeah, shopping is not my thing either. And some people are very organized and do it monthly... I do it weekly and I still sometimes go mid week cause I changed my mind of forgot stuff. Really not my thing.

Yeah, he sometimes also complaints. But I really don't care LOL he doesn't like it... then he has to do it himself. I'd like to see him try.

Whenever I'm not at work, I'm pretty much sat down xD I'm an active couch potato! It has a name!

• Like 1

Nadoriel

NODDY'S GRINDING LOG

- - -

DeviantArt