Since I've respawned I might as well re-start my battle log again:

Hi!! I'm Noddy - short for Nadoriel. Welcome to my Grinding log!

97wyH.jpg

I'm a nurse and a geek. That basically means that in between my nursing deeds I also read, draw, listen to music, play MMOs, cook, garden, clean the house and work out in the gym.

Nursing is my main life skill to attain money for traveling, getting a house and probably acquiring new and amazing items for my inventory. Everything else is for fun and also to keep me fit and healthy ^^

My main character goal is to get fit. I'm pretty much healthy, I reckon. But the chubbiness is not welcome, and I totally want to cosplay one day. And everyone knows manga characters are usually not chubby! At least the ones I like ^^

So here's what I've been doing:

BLE weight loss protocol diet. BLE means maintaining bright lines. There are a few of them, but I kind adapted them to my life. Right now that means:

- No cacau/chocolate of any any any kind. EVER;

- No sugar and avoid sweeteners like the plague;

- No flour of any kind;

- Eat 3 times a day;

- Drink plenty;

- Keep BLE portions reasonably.

BLE portions stand as follow:

Breakfast: 1 protein, 1 fruit, 1 starch/grain

Lunch: 1 protein, 6oz veggies, 1 fruit

Dinner: 1 protein, 14oz veggies

Fruit is supposed to make around 6oz.

Protein is around 8oz for milk/yogurt, 4oz for meats and fresh cheese, 2oz matured cheese and nuts.

Weight lifting:

I've been using Stronglifts since June but already stalling, so I will start with Starting Strenght to try it out when I come back from holidays. So far I've got:

- Squats: 52.5kg

- OHP: 22.5kg with some jumping to managed the whole sets

- Deadlift: failed today at 67.5kg

- Bench press: failed on 32.5kg

- Row: 32.5kg

I'm training 2x week, since I work long shifts and my days off are usually paired together - not advised for weight training.

And this is me! I'm also playing on Europe servers Black Desert Online, if anyone fancies it... =P at least until I buy a new laptop that allows me to play Witcher 3!

• Like 1

Nadoriel

NODDY'S GRINDING LOG

NODDY'S ENTERS THE HISTORIC RUINS (challenge)

Race: Half Demon | Class: Adventurer | Character sheet

- - -

DeviantArt

Ok, so I'm back from my holidays in Portugal. I still ate with a few bright rules such as no grains for lunch/dinner, no flour, and no sugar. I did have a couple of drinks on a medieval fair because mead is just the most awesome drink ever.

Here are some pics of awesomness!! The food was soo goood :x *droools*

VZxvP.jpgZ5mbH.jpg

My weight only raised from 71.8kg to 72.6kg so I'm not that bothered. It can also be bloating from the flight delays and so on.

I started eating BLE compliant again with no trouble. But made a few changes: changed Stronglifts to starting strength, since I keep on stalling, will eat the male amount of protein on lifting days, that's 6oz instead of 4oz.

So here's my log for today! (so far)

Starting strength grind for levels:

Squat: 5x3 40kgs

Press: 5x3 20kgs

Deadlift: 3x3 52.5kgs

Not including warm up sets. Not that I could play with it that much... The bar itself weighs 20kgs...

I was very confused with the reps and took me ages to understand this was the female version. I felt a lot better with it tho.

So let's talk sexy now... Foods:

Breakfast was 1oz rice cakes with cashew butter (around 1tbsp and a half), 1 apple and coffee with a wee bit of milk in it.

Lunch was the most awesome pulled pork I made (slow cooked with smoking chips and all)4oz plus 1egg, 6oz homemade coleslaw and pickles and 1 apple.

I used a bit less than 1tbsp of mayo for the coleslaw and some vinegar.

It was awesome! I really struggle with the amount of protein on this diet. Maybe I'm a protein addict. Does that exist?

My next training day is on Friday, since I work Thursday long day, but I might hit the gym tomorrow for something lighter.

Now onto playing Black Desert *.*

hpGIk.jpg

Nadoriel

NODDY'S GRINDING LOG

- - -

DeviantArt

HArIO.jpg

Ok so basically today I just went for a 30min swim after shopping. That's my happy pose.

I feel I lost whatever I gained during my holidays. But now... DOMS from yesterday. Yey!

At least tomorrow will be a rest day since I'll be working.

By the way... I was told multiple times to eat more protein. So... That down there is my protein today eating by the plan. I'm 72.6kg too little protein? uhh P.S. I forgot to add the butter on my breaky :x

vijJ.jpg

I'm really afraid to mess up with these portions. I think that... if I do, I'll have to go back to calorie counting. Basically, even if I increase the number of portions from each type of protein, the total will still vary. Right now, this is 3 protein portions for a female according to BLE. I made up a test of the same day with male portions, and I'd go up to around 116g protein. But if I changed some of the protein for tuna, for example, I'd end my day with 95g protein, even if it was the male portions. So yeah... complicated. And I really hate calorie counting... -.- I get too OCD.

I know I'm being annoying but... What do you think? @RisenPhoenix @Defining sorry to call you... it's just you're trying to help me before :x

Nadoriel

NODDY'S GRINDING LOG

- - -

DeviantArt

Noting that I saw this. If I don't answer by Friday afternoon ping me again. Work is kinda crazy for me tomorrow but if I have a spare moment to sit and think I'll glance at it. :)

• Like 1

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Noting that I saw this. If I don't answer by Friday afternoon ping me again. Work is kinda crazy for me tomorrow but if I have a spare moment to sit and think I'll glance at it. [emoji4]

Thank you so much Risen!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nadoriel

NODDY'S GRINDING LOG

- - -

DeviantArt

Okay, my general thoughts.

1) Unless you're super short, I'm going to say that goal calorie amount seems low.  I know small people sometimes are in those crazy realms, but it feels still low to me considering you are physically active and probably on your feet all day when you're working (my girlfriend is an ER tech doing 12 hours shifts, so I get that).  That said, take my feeling with a grain of salt, because I am a 6 foot, 96kg man.

2) I definitely think you're a hair too low on the protein.  With your weight lifting, I'd probably try to get you to push up to ~120 grams (based on the 0.8g protein per pound of body weight metric), but I think you'd be okay at 100g on the lifting day.

3) The easiest way for you to hit that, in my opinion, is just find a protein powder you like and have a single scoop on the workout day.  That should give you 20-30 grams of protein in the most calorically-efficient way.  If you were bulking you'd probably be able to hit the protein count easily, but if you're trying to reign the calories in, this is the best bang for your buck.

4) Alternatively, swap out your red meat for some leaner meat.  Larger portions which will pack more protein per ounce.  

That's how I'd approach it.  I *do* calorie count, but I get the want to not do it for some people.  I think the protein powder is your best bet.

• Like 1

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

It is very low calorie although I think mfp doesn't have real values, since most of that food was homemade. I'm 1.64m so my tdee is supposed to be around 2000 right now.

I... Will try lean meats then. I'm afraid the protein powder will be a trigger. I'm avoiding all sugars and sweeteners, but unsweetened protein is horrible. But it's very easy to cook with protein powder, and get creative. Being creative in the kitchen is one of the things that makes me fat (there's plenty of those!) . I do reckon I can do that :) 100g without adding too much calories.

Do you reckon that it is sufficient just on lifting days, or try to keep that on every day? I should still lose if my tdee is really around 2000. If I can lose fat while still at least maintaining my muscles.. Maybe increasing them... I'm happy. Even if it's slower.

Nadoriel

NODDY'S GRINDING LOG

- - -

DeviantArt

43 minutes ago, Nadoriel said:

I... Will try lean meats then. I'm afraid the protein powder will be a trigger. I'm avoiding all sugars and sweeteners, but unsweetened protein is horrible.

Herm...  That does make things a bit trickier.  I'm kind of pro-sweetener, but if it causes binges that can be an issue.  Maybe add some plain greek yogurt into your diet instead of the mayo?  More protein, less fat, but it might help you hit your target.  Or even 1% cottage cheese?  Let me think on it and see if I can puzzle something else out for you.

• Like 1

Herm...  That does make things a bit trickier.  I'm kind of pro-sweetener, but if it causes binges that can be an issue.  Maybe add some plain greek yogurt into your diet instead of the mayo?  More protein, less fat, but it might help you hit your target.  Or even 1% cottage cheese?  Let me think on it and see if I can puzzle something else out for you.

Cottage cheese was my first thought! With cinnamon and apple seems awesome.

I don't really binge anymore. But I escalate very quickly from a healthy dose/snack to a not so healthy, bigger amount and more condensed calories meal.

Oh well. Whenever I think I've figured it out, something happens and blews it off.

I should be able to get more protein if I stop having milk but add some cottage cheese to breakfast and lean stuff at other meals. I might discard the normal cheese as well ;__; I wish there was more variety of fresh cheeses like ricotta where I live.. They're packed with proteins and can be served between 2 slices of something.

Thank you risen! That will be on my shopping list this weekend a d I'll try it out for the next few weeks. And let's see what happens.

Nadoriel

NODDY'S GRINDING LOG

- - -

DeviantArt

Another day, another grind for power :x when is it I will level up?

Battling monsters and lifting heavy weights... I'm a warmage in training, not a mere witch!

So far in starting strength:

Squats: 45kg 5x3

Bench press: 25kg 5x3

Power clean: 25kg 5x3

I dunno what happened during my holidays... but I'm loving how deep I'm going with my squats right now. I really hope I can keep this up. I'm going aalllll the way down for the first time I've ever lifted :)

People!!! It was the first time I power clean ;___________; I was all like, ohhh this s*** is gonna be easy! I deadlift more than 50kg, so let's go for 30kg right away!

Yeah... thank goodness I had warm ups first.

Warm ups with 20kg.... that was bloody harder than the workout itself!

c90dk.jpg

I was dumbfounded at that... It's a really scary and hard exercise. Definitely not what I was expecting.

Yeah, I asian squat between power cleans. Cause I get murdered by them ;________;

Anyways, gonna start having the male portion of protein from now on. I need some strength to keep this up!

Nadoriel

NODDY'S GRINDING LOG

- - -

DeviantArt

On 8/2/2017 at 2:40 PM, Nadoriel said:

I know I'm being annoying but... What do you think? @RisenPhoenix @Defining sorry to call you... it's just you're trying to help me before :x

Sorry! Just saw this. 

'Enough' protein is a matter of personal preference and overall goals - I aim for 1g per lb of bodyweight (2.2g/kg), with a minimum of 1g per lb of lean body weight if I can't hit the first number. Protein is more satiating, and also helps preserve muscle during fat loss, hence my bias towards higher rather than lower consumption. ;) This is for every day, your body needs more protein for recovery than it does for lifting even! The 0.8g/kg RDA is a minimum value for basic sustenance, but scientific literature supports much higher numbers with no negative side effects (and faster fat loss, and greater muscle gain), so unless your digestion and/or budget don't allow for more protein, bump up those numbers! 

Some tips: buy a roasted chicken, use the meat as a substitute for all the cheese you have in there - use the carcass to make tasty tasty broth for cooking. Lentils & beans are VERY filling, and have decent protein. Tinned tuna is awesome; dijon mustard & chopped herbs are a great way to add flavour without extra calories. As @RisenPhoenix suggested, cottage cheese is another good choice. Vegetables should count as 'free' calories, IMO - but NOT any dressing/dip that goes along with it. Make sure not to overdo it on the fruit (the 2/day is probably just fine, just don't go more than that :)). Weigh your food (ingredients before cooking, if you're making stuff at home, divide by the number of portions) to get accurate numbers. Tracking & calculations aren't helpful if it's not good quality data.

I'd also agree that 1,200kcal is likely too low for your build/activity level. Again, personally, I probably wouldn't go under 1,600kcal/day if I were you - unless you have complicating hormonal factors like PCOS. If you insist on the lower intake, at least make sure that your recovery strategies are dialed in - stay hydrated, walk often, sleep enough, meditate, avoid stress. If you are concerned about calorie counting, I'd recommend putting together a weekly meal plan, with all the macros and kcal counted up - then, you'll have your set recipes to make every week to hit the right numbers, and some variation between daily intake won't really matter. I really enjoy doing weekly calorie/macro counts, it helped me stop worrying about minor fluctuations in my portions while still making constructive progress towards my goals.

I use unsweetened unflavoured whey and casein powders, so those may be good options for you - they're super easy to incorporate. Eg. I use one serving with instant coffee for an afternoon pick me up! No sweeteners needed.

Also, while I understand why you're avoiding chocolate, I've found that a tablespoon of cocoa powder (ie. just plain cocoa, like what you use in baking) in hot water does wonders for my cravings and false hunger. Just food for thought.

• Like 1

...but I'm adorable! Ask anyone who doesn't know me...

On 07/08/2017 at 1:54 AM, Defining said:

Sorry! Just saw this. 

'Enough' protein is a matter of personal preference and overall goals - I aim for 1g per lb of bodyweight (2.2g/kg), with a minimum of 1g per lb of lean body weight if I can't hit the first number. Protein is more satiating, and also helps preserve muscle during fat loss, hence my bias towards higher rather than lower consumption. ;) This is for every day, your body needs more protein for recovery than it does for lifting even! The 0.8g/kg RDA is a minimum value for basic sustenance, but scientific literature supports much higher numbers with no negative side effects (and faster fat loss, and greater muscle gain), so unless your digestion and/or budget don't allow for more protein, bump up those numbers! 

Some tips: buy a roasted chicken, use the meat as a substitute for all the cheese you have in there - use the carcass to make tasty tasty broth for cooking. Lentils & beans are VERY filling, and have decent protein. Tinned tuna is awesome; dijon mustard & chopped herbs are a great way to add flavour without extra calories. As @RisenPhoenix suggested, cottage cheese is another good choice. Vegetables should count as 'free' calories, IMO - but NOT any dressing/dip that goes along with it. Make sure not to overdo it on the fruit (the 2/day is probably just fine, just don't go more than that :)). Weigh your food (ingredients before cooking, if you're making stuff at home, divide by the number of portions) to get accurate numbers. Tracking & calculations aren't helpful if it's not good quality data.

I'd also agree that 1,200kcal is likely too low for your build/activity level. Again, personally, I probably wouldn't go under 1,600kcal/day if I were you - unless you have complicating hormonal factors like PCOS. If you insist on the lower intake, at least make sure that your recovery strategies are dialed in - stay hydrated, walk often, sleep enough, meditate, avoid stress. If you are concerned about calorie counting, I'd recommend putting together a weekly meal plan, with all the macros and kcal counted up - then, you'll have your set recipes to make every week to hit the right numbers, and some variation between daily intake won't really matter. I really enjoy doing weekly calorie/macro counts, it helped me stop worrying about minor fluctuations in my portions while still making constructive progress towards my goals.

I use unsweetened unflavoured whey and casein powders, so those may be good options for you - they're super easy to incorporate. Eg. I use one serving with instant coffee for an afternoon pick me up! No sweeteners needed.

Also, while I understand why you're avoiding chocolate, I've found that a tablespoon of cocoa powder (ie. just plain cocoa, like what you use in baking) in hot water does wonders for my cravings and false hunger. Just food for thought.

No worries! Thank you so much Defining. I've also been busy. 

I love all those ideas XD except maybe beans and lentils, I'm totally a carnivore. To be honest I'm quite full on this diet anyway and my only cravings are for more meat xD. I'm very reticent in giving up proper cheese, at least for breakfast, I really like cheese. I did try your mustard idea instead of mayo and totally loved it on my coleslaw with some yogurt as well *.*

I'm trying the male version of the diet I'm following since it bumps up the protein a bit. Depending on how I feel for 2 weeks, I'll increase my calories again. My job is stressful so there's nothing I can do about it. I still want to lose a but of weight before I focus just on muscles. 

I'm afraid my mood varies too much to plan my meals for a week. I've tried it several times xD I just change my ideas very quickly! Otherwise that would be possible. I reckon I just have to count calories and that's it. 

Can you really put whey on plain coffee, no sweetener? Can the coffee be hot? I thought it would react somehow.. 

Again, thank you so much! 

Nadoriel

NODDY'S GRINDING LOG

- - -

DeviantArt

5 hours ago, Nadoriel said:

Can you really put whey on plain coffee, no sweetener? Can the coffee be hot? I thought it would react somehow.. 

It depends on how it was refined, and what stabiliser/emulsifiers are in there. It can help to mix it with a bit of cold water first, and add it like creamer - just experiment and see what works!

• Like 1

...but I'm adorable! Ask anyone who doesn't know me...

19 hours ago, Defining said:

It depends on how it was refined, and what stabiliser/emulsifiers are in there. It can help to mix it with a bit of cold water first, and add it like creamer - just experiment and see what works!

Thanks, I'll see what the one at my home does xD. 

OK people! I finally managed to hit the gym again and did my Starting strength. It's getting harder again! I only started it last week. 

Check out my miserable lifting of 57.5kg xD I was dying! I weight 70.9kg right now ;____;

And then it hit me... A comment @spezzy did on her page on NerdFitness to someone: don't eat below BMR Don't eat below BMR! My BMR is 1438 calories... I'm eating 1200 calories a day, even on my modified male BLE protocol. So yeah. This protocol taught me lots. Taught me that I need strict rules. That I can't be trusted with being intuitive. That I probably need to measure for the rest of my life. But it really su**s if you want to be a healthy, energetic woman.

I'll still maintain the No Sugar, No Flour rules, and the 3 meals a day. I really like them. I also like the enormous veggies amount on the diet. I'm a bit afraid to start eating rice/potatoes/sweet potatoes again at meal times anyway... so I'm probably just increasing more proteins and more veggies to make up for what's missing.

So... my plan is now to eat around 1438 calories a day, 125g protein a day (0.8g per pound). By the way, my username on MyFitnesspal is Nadoriel, if anyone would like to add me ;)

I'm thinking I probably still have around 5kg to lose before I decide on just maintaining and lean out. Might add a bit more calories next week or so as well as technically eating BMR only... It's still far from okay. But I kinda want to do it slowly. 

And I'm gonna have to think my meals carefully until Friday (that's when I do my shopping)... Lucky me I still had a bag of steam veggies on my freezer :D

Anyways... workout done! 

4sf7v.jpgjsgN2.jpg

I felt too weak to try anything fancy like dips or chin ups... For starters... I know I can't do them yet. But I really was weak. To be honest, though, I did everything as per Starting Strenght guide, even the warmups. And I did take the time to stretch after. So it WAS good work :x

Otherwise... It's okay. The job is stressful as always. Usually a nice morning and complete chaos all afternoon. But I still manage to sometimes get really nice patients that make it all better.

Last weekend we cleaned the whole house properly. I did the work on the garden... Cut the grass, the bushes, took the weeds out. It looks nice now ^^ It was a nice workout and it took us almost 2 days to finish! So barely any time off xD

Will try to post an MFP diary pic later with my foods ^^

Noddy's over and out!

P.S. anyway to make the video smaller? ;____;

Nadoriel

NODDY'S GRINDING LOG

- - -

DeviantArt

2 hours ago, Nadoriel said:

And then it hit me... A comment @spezzy did on her page on NerdFitness to someone: don't eat below BMR Don't eat below BMR! My BMR is 1438 calories... I'm eating 1200 calories a day, even on my modified male BLE protocol. So yeah. This protocol taught me lots. Taught me that I need strict rules. That I can't be trusted with being intuitive. That I probably need to measure for the rest of my life. But it really su**s if you want to be a healthy, energetic woman.

Check out this calculator: 

http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/

it is my favorite.

Don't think too much about all of the information it gives, but one thing I like is that if you put in your bodyfat percentage (estimated is fine) it gives you your maximum fat metabolism and minimum daily calories :)

• Thanks 1
I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”
37 minutes ago, spezzy said:

Check out this calculator: 

http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/

it is my favorite.

Don't think too much about all of the information it gives, but one thing I like is that if you put in your bodyfat percentage (estimated is fine) it gives you your maximum fat metabolism and minimum daily calories :)

LOOOL! xD that is nice to know! Apparently, I only need 341calories per day! The rest is very much given to me by my fat (I have plenty of it)! xD I really don't think I'd like eating just that though :x

But truthfully, I've been doing this protocol since April. My boyfriend told me my hair is falling more. I just confirmed it myself... :x In all honesty, I've always had hair issues... but I thought I solved them by washing it with clay. It got very healthy. But yeah... it's been getting weaker and breaking more often and I didn't make the connection. And today I was just passing my hand on my hair and when I finished I had a lock of hairs on my hand. 

Nadoriel

NODDY'S GRINDING LOG

- - -

DeviantArt

So... I did my check in on my challenge and totally remember I forgot to log my measurements!

I basically measure myself every Sunday morning. I like it weekly, it keeps it nice and simple.

Weight: 70.9kg

Waist: 81cm

Hips: 101cm

Thigh: 64cm

I still estimate my body fat around 30% I'll eventually buy a body fat caliper xD Apparently I lost mine... ^^'

• Like 1

Nadoriel

NODDY'S GRINDING LOG

- - -

DeviantArt

4 hours ago, Nadoriel said:

LOOOL! xD that is nice to know! Apparently, I only need 341calories per day! The rest is very much given to me by my fat (I have plenty of it)! xD I really don't think I'd like eating just that though :x

But truthfully, I've been doing this protocol since April. My boyfriend told me my hair is falling more. I just confirmed it myself... :x In all honesty, I've always had hair issues... but I thought I solved them by washing it with clay. It got very healthy. But yeah... it's been getting weaker and breaking more often and I didn't make the connection. And today I was just passing my hand on my hair and when I finished I had a lock of hairs on my hand. 

ha, remember that minimum is basic to survive and nothing more :) Mine is like 1500 which is crazy to me.

Hair breaking/falling out is a sign of chronic stress which could be caused by diet.  

Are you doing IF by any chance?

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”
8 hours ago, spezzy said:

ha, remember that minimum is basic to survive and nothing more :) Mine is like 1500 which is crazy to me.

Hair breaking/falling out is a sign of chronic stress which could be caused by diet.  

Are you doing IF by any chance?

Yeah, I believe it's diet related. I've been eating 1200 cals more or less for the past 4 months. Wish I had noticed the signs sooner, I wasn't really monitoring calories until a few weeks ago. I also have had less sex drive and my usual irregular periods became even more erratic. 

But no IF I believe. Although I only eat 3 meals a day, which probably always gets some time off. 

Seriously tho.. I must have been desperate to go on a diet whose author said it could cause hypothyroidism and hair loss. 

Anyways, if problem was diet I can easily sort it out by eating more from now on. 

Thank you :) and yes xD I want more than just survive! 

Nadoriel

NODDY'S GRINDING LOG

- - -

DeviantArt

Ok so today was a sad day for me. Always is when I fail a lift...

For some reason I find power cleans scary. Now I started power cleans for the first time lifting 27.5kg, which was a mistake. I got dead tired last time AND afraid of dead cleans.

Obviously... today was 30kg... and this was the result:

MVShY.png

I was devastated. And after most of those, I had to stop between the 2nd and the last try. I'm not even saying I'm not strong enough... I was TERRIFIED! 

I tried everything I could think off: took extra time to rest, breathe slowly, picture myself doing it... but no. When the time came I'd manage the first, maybe the second... and would barely jump on the third.

Which is why I thought it was good for my mojo to tape me doing something right... So after my last set, I changed again to 27.5kg and did it.

So... now... let's see.

Food wise I had eggs for breakfast, really missed that. I'm totally ditching BLE portions. Else it's too complicated... measuring the portions for BLE then adding food to make the calories right? Nope.

So my diet is:

- No sugar, no flour, 3 meals a day

- No snacking

- Between 1438 to 1600 cals a day

- Around 125g of protein a day

- Make sure half the plate/bowl is veggies.

I'll include some starches and rice... Gosh, I really miss sweet potato... So basically a kind of paleo diet. In which I'll most likely include cheese. But my problem before with paleo (besides the sweets and paleo pizzas and the like) is that I'd eat too many starches and not enough greens. Hence the last rule. I really need to force myself to eat veggies if I have other side dishes...

I think this is legit. It addresses my lack of self-control around sweets. And my lack of self-control around flour stuff. Also no snacking so I don't "fall" off the wagon unconsciously. I still control calories so I don't start eating too much all of a sudden. I allow myself some flexibility about when to eat the stuff I want, also to eat rice and potatoes that I really miss. Especially potatoes. Sweet potatoes... with butter *.* omg.

Otherwise, I'm cool. I can feel the energy coming back from eating more. I didn't notice I didn't have it, but there you go. Now I feel like moooving and doing stuff.

Let's see where this takes me!

• Like 2

Nadoriel

NODDY'S GRINDING LOG

- - -

DeviantArt

Yeyyy!! I'm back! Ok guys, basically if you read my challenge you know I was in hermit mode due to extensive night shifts (4). I basically can't cope with human/machine interaction during night shifts for some reason. I basically just watch animes/series or read manga.

Anyways, the first workout of the week: DONE! I tapped myself deadlifting 62.5kg with ease. Food is making me strawwwnng! 

WC9c.png

Ahh.. not really. I mean, I'm ok with squats at the moment. I'm struggling again with the overhead presses, but at least I managed to do this workout without jumping. I really struggle to lift those 25kg above my nose. After that, it's fine O.o But deadlifts feel awesome right now. I really think I'll manage my own weight when I get there.

Anyways measurements from last Sunday:

Weight: 70.6kg

Thigh: 62cm

Waist: 75cm

Hips: 98cm

Body fat: 32% (I'll probably just do this every 2 weeks or monthly since it's probably super inaccurate anyway)

Btw, unfortunately, I used a different tape to measure this time, hence why such a big difference. Really... It's not... But I'll be consistent from now on. I'll use this one that I got with the body fat caliper. It's easier!

Still, check me out on my old (when I say old I say 2-3 years ago which was my prime time yeaahh) jeans! First time using them. Still tight, but definitely wearable. And yes, my bed is not made. SUE ME.

8xNw.jpg

I believe diet has been normal. I'm kinda... I dunno. For one side I love eating more, for another, I think I'm eating too much. LOL my life is ridiculous I know!

I think that's all, to be honest. I did bodyweight training 3A on... Monday I believe, which was hard enough. Went to the swimming pool yesterday post having a little nap after the night shift. I thought that the chances of drowning were smaller than having a 52.5kg barbell fall on top of me. My next workout will be Sunday, to my boyfriend's dismay and horror. 

• Like 1

Nadoriel

NODDY'S GRINDING LOG

- - -

DeviantArt

Uhh!!! Welcome, @Taddea Zhaan !! I'll have a look at yours in a bit ^^

Ok so very quickly, since today was a different day off. Basically, my boyfriend stayed off sick at home so I kinda spent more time with him.

I went to the gym Sunday - as promised, and today.

AKdJE.png

Today I especially struggled with Presses and Deadlifts. So instead of adding 5kg every time to deadlifts, I'm gonna do only 2.5kg at a time. With the presses... well. I dunno. It's my doom and I know it. I can do it if I do an impulse with my legs. @Machete is it still an overhead press if I "assist" a little with my legs to give the impulse? It's that initial impulse that I really can't do. I already struggle with 25kg, and with 27.5kg I already lean backwards a lot (which almost makes it an inclined bench press).

Measurements from Sunday:

Weight: 70.5kg

Thigh: 62cm

Waist: 76.5cm

Hips: 97cm

Body fat: 32% - didn't measure though.

So I guess I still lost, even though I'm eating around 1500 calories a day. I'm still scared to be eating too much. I really am. And today I felt especially fat at the gym. I'm even afraid I'm not measuring ok enough... but I think I am... I'm trying at least.

Here's some of what I love eating:

adKh8.jpg

That's an egg/omelette wrap with salami, garlic sausage, ham and cheese, coleslaw with yoghurt sauce and baked beans on a small baked sweet potato. It's a lot right???

I also started eating some dark chocolate. Basically, I was really craving sweets... so I decided to do something and just count it on myfitnesspal. I'm still craving something... I think I just need to buy more fruit variety and eat one piece after lunch.

I'm looking for a new laptop, but I seriously can't decide in which... It's an important choice since all my games are for PC and I want it to last around 5 years, like this one. May the luck be on my side I guess xD

See you again on Friday with a new update!

Nadoriel

NODDY'S GRINDING LOG

- - -

DeviantArt

Hey Nadoriel,

u are doing great don't worry. Couple of suggestions from my own journey. 

1) diet: keep your low at BMR min. I struggled when I ate under that for some reason. I have no issues losing weight on demand (for wrestling, bjj comps, etc) but drastic cuts don't work long term. 

2) OHP - don't lean back. They are hard for women in general and no need to add a back injury to it. If u can't do 5x3 at 27.5, drop to 25, then progress again. Accept that your progress will be slow on OHP.

3) u are doing great on DL. But I would do just 1 set at 3 instead of 3x3 since u are squatting on the same day. i believe the SS protocol suggests that too. Reason is: fatigued deadlifts are a bad idea in terms of injury risk/reward. U will get stronger anyway. 

4) power clean! Awesome exercise but u gotta learn the form right. With good technique power cleans should be about 50pct of your deadlift (and dropping to 45ish as u get heavy on deadlifts). Unless u have super technique (ie specialise in OL, those guys have higher ratios). I would drop to 20kg and learn not to be afraid. Also, the "drop off" in cleans is drastic - ie u could do 30x3 and not be able to do 32.5 even once. It doesn't seem to follow the usual 1RM calculators - this is fine!

good luck! 

• Like 1

my journey to kickass-dom

E1RM: SQ: 130.9kg (Jul18); BP: 103.2kg (Aug18); DL: 150kg (Jun18); 
FSQ: 103.2kg (May18); OHP: 66.9kg (Dec17); PP: 72.5kg (Jul18)
2.4km/Cooper's Test: (10:22, Jun18)
Vitals: 40 yo, 1.7m, 74kg (Jul18)

@godjira1thank you for the awesome advice! 

1) I actually woke up today thinking.. What if I'm struggling to lose weight because I'm trying to eat at my bare minimum 1450 calories? What would happen if for a week I ate the recommended 1600 calories for fat loss. Would it make a difference? Ahahah so yeah XD that's my next week plan! Increase food and see what happens xD I thought I was getting too greedy, but seeing your comments makes think that maybe it's just what I need to do. 

2, 3 and 4) I'm currently following the Starting strength app for females. And yeah, I'm aware that I'm always gonna struggle with OHP. I know that next week it's still gonna ask 27.5kg but hopefully it will decrease load after that. And does that mean I shouldn't "jump" either for impulse?

So yeah, I'm also following the app for the deadlift and they do ask 3x3. I haven't finished the book yet! I mean, it was a big change since last week I thought deadlifting was easy. I'm confident in my form still, I definitely felt it on my legs. I dunno..  

I really started with too much weight for the power cleans. I did manage 30kg the last time though. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna fail tomorrow's power cleans at 32kg though. It appears I'm already at the failure/progression part with this as well. 

So, based on that, do you think I should alter the program manually or wait that it does it for me? I know that SL app would decrease weights after a few sets of failures. I dunno about SS one. I mean, it's heavy, but as long as I keep it safe. And that means I won't be leaning back with the OHP. 

Nadoriel

NODDY'S GRINDING LOG

- - -

DeviantArt