4 hours ago, Urgan said:

Re: back pain, agree with @Machete most injuries occur either outside of the gym or with light weights, because people be messing around not minding their lifting form. Respect the weight. Hope your back quiets down completely soon. Also, this would be a really good time to not do crunches lol.

Really? I've read multiple times that a dull lower back pain is usually due to comparatively weak abs. So abs exercises should be recommended? 

Otherwise, that sharp pulling pain was mostly when lifting those silly weights. I haven't felt anything like it since.

The lower back ache I get a lot because I work standing pretty much all day /night. My legs also ache. I always assumed it was because of that weak abs thing. 

Nadoriel

NODDY'S GRINDING LOG

NODDY'S ENTERS THE HISTORIC RUINS (challenge)

Race: Half Demon | Class: Adventurer | Character sheet

- - -

DeviantArt

32 minutes ago, Nadoriel said:

Really? I've read multiple times that a dull lower back pain is usually due to comparatively weak abs. So abs exercises should be recommended? 

34 minutes ago, Nadoriel said:

The lower back ache I get a lot because I work standing pretty much all day /night. My legs also ache. I always assumed it was because of that weak abs thing. 

Just to clarify, I am referring to injury. Absent some condition I'm not aware of, it sounds like your back isn't strong enough to maintain good posture for as long as you need it to. If I am right, your normal training will give you the strength to make dull aches go away.

I used to get back aches from sitting >2.5 hours. Starting Strength fixed that right up. 

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

@UrganI also used to get back pain from sitting down! I reckon it's better now xD right.

Focus of maintaining good form everywhere and everyday, focus on getting stronger.. And hopefully the only 'problems'  I still have will sort out themselves. 

• Like 1

Nadoriel

NODDY'S GRINDING LOG

- - -

DeviantArt

18 minutes ago, Nadoriel said:

@UrganI also used to get back pain from sitting down! I reckon it's better now xD right.

Focus of maintaining good form everywhere and everyday, focus on getting stronger.. And hopefully the only 'problems'  I still have will sort out themselves. 

Sitting down is really taxing! Especially in crummy, unsupportive chairs. We ask a lot of our spines.

And if they don't solve themselves completely, you will have more insight going forward to address with accessory exercises. 

• Like 1

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

On 8/30/2017 at 1:20 PM, Nadoriel said:

@MacheteNo need to have it looked at. At least, for now, ^^ I feel better today. I actually didn't feel that any other time since yesterday on the gym. And it was mostly when lifting random stuff from the floor. I really have to consider using a good form everywhere in life. But yeah, should be okay for next week!

I'll start trying that one!!! It looks harder than it seems I think xD Thank you so much!!

Yeah, the issues I've heard about crunching is the repeated spinal flexion. Like bending a credit card over and over, eventually it breaks. This is why I like the Hollow--it's essentially one [excruciatingly] long crunch. And there are infinite progressions to it.

Re: @godjira1's L Sit progressions, usually people have several limitations (strength and mobility) that prevent them from training the position. I personally prefer for people to have a solid foundation of Dips, Planks, Hollows, Chin Hangs, and Hanging Leg Lifts first before working on it; unless the L Sit itself it the goal.

• Like 1

Thank you both so much! @Machete That makes a lot of sense! I'll start with the hollow body then. Both my hollow body and dips are seriously in noob stage right now. Although I'll make L sit a goal as well, eventually ^^

Yesterday was a nice day off and I hit the swimming pool which, as always, feels really nice ^^

Right, gym session number 2 this week... here's how it went:

Squats: 3x3x2x2x3 58kgs

Bench: 3x3x3x3x3 33.5kgs

Power clean: 2x2x3x3x3 33kgs

Chinups: 6x5x5x5 33kgs assistance

Dips: 8 33kgs assistance, 6x5x5 26kgs assistance

Hollow body progression. I'm not even counting. It's that bad.

Power cleans were stupid because I probably just got tired/scared the first few tries? I dunno. The last ones totally proved I could have done it. Doesn't matter, going slowly is better than nothing or getting hurt.

Also, need to go slowly with Squats. It feels really heavy right now. And I really want to keep going low, and not just half way ^^

Nadoriel

NODDY'S GRINDING LOG

- - -

DeviantArt

So.. This weekend I was super lazy but here are measurements and stuff:

Weight: 70.4kg

Thigh: 62cm

Waist: 75cm

Hip: 95cm

So basically, all measurements are the same, my weight increased. I've been eating around 1580 and 1630 so it shouldn't be that. Or maybe it was since I only worked 2 nights shifts. It still felt quite a busy week though.

I'll see what happens this week and the evaluate :)

Nadoriel

NODDY'S GRINDING LOG

- - -

DeviantArt

9 hours ago, Nadoriel said:

So basically, all measurements are the same, my weight increased.

Somebody be building muscle, maybe...

• Like 1

@Urganmuscles would be great! I wish XD 

Ok so on to the gym I went! I really like my little microplates! 

Squats: 3x3x3x3x3 58kgs

OHP: 3x3x3x3x3 25.5kgs

Deadlift: 3x3x3 66kgs

Chinups: 6x6x4x5 33kgs assistance

Dips: 5x6x6x5 26kgs assistance

Hollow body progression. 4x something XD

Deadlifts were really hard actually. I was very surprised since 65kg seemed okay. Maybe it's because I'm paying extra attention to get a good form and my legs kinda suffered with the extra weight? 

What I know is.. My back was just sore from being tired! Which is awesome! It's fine now, obviously. No sharp pains or anything. I was super careful with weights. 

Yesterday I had around 1750 calories because I got super frustrated at work and... I deserved it. It's still lower than my TDEE supposedly... 

• Like 1

Nadoriel

NODDY'S GRINDING LOG

- - -

DeviantArt

On 9/6/2017 at 2:17 PM, Nadoriel said:

@Urganmuscles would be great! I wish XD 

Ok so on to the gym I went! I really like my little microplates! 

I love microplates! They are adorable and functional!

Squats: 3x3x3x3x3 58kgs

OHP: 3x3x3x3x3 25.5kgs

Deadlift: 3x3x3 66kgs

Chinups: 6x6x4x5 33kgs assistance

Dips: 5x6x6x5 26kgs assistance

Hollow body progression. 4x something XD

Great work there! PHew! :D 

Yesterday I had around 1750 calories because I got super frustrated at work and... I deserved it. It's still lower than my TDEE supposedly... 

calories fuel gains ;) 

• Like 1

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

@Taddea Zhaanyou were right!

Here's my measurements this week:

Weight: 69.6kg

Thigh: 61cm

Waist: 75cm

Hip: 94cm

So basically this week I lost weight even though I've been eating the same, maybe even more since a couple of things happened (still in my calorie range though), and I also lost on my hips and legs! 

This is awesome, and my training today was absolutely great! Yey muscles! 

Nadoriel

NODDY'S GRINDING LOG

- - -

DeviantArt

So my 2x workout this week had to be today, and here's how it was:

Squats: 3x3x3x3x3 58.5kgs

Bench: 3x3x3x3x3 34.5kgs

Power clean: 3x3x3x3x3 33kgs

Chinups: 8x8x8x8 33kgs assistance

Dips: 8x8x8x7 26kgs assistance

Hollow body progression: 4x, and I believe I'm hanging there for longer than before. Also lower! 

So basically squats I felt I probably wasn't going as down and I should só I'm gonna repeat it again next week. 

Bench was fine, power cleans were fine. 

I had these massive gains for chinups and dips though where I went from around 5-6 reps to 8! So I'm gonna use less assistance next time and see how it goes. 

Now next weeks are gonna be weird cause a couple friend of ours are coming mid week, and will go next midweek. Which means I'll probably only manage 1x workout per week, at least next week that's true. 

Hopefully I won't lose too much! 

Anyways, because of that I was also thinking, maybe there's no point for me to make a challenge for the next week's? I mean, 2 of them I'll barely go to the gym at all. 

I'll think about it xD

Nadoriel

NODDY'S GRINDING LOG

- - -

DeviantArt

Rock on. The challenge is YOUR space to do with what you want. It doesn't have to have a lifting goal for 2 weeks if you don't want. Maybe just try to stick to that 1/week? The sky's the limit.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Urgan said:

Rock on. The challenge is YOUR space to do with what you want. It doesn't have to have a lifting goal for 2 weeks if you don't want. Maybe just try to stick to that 1/week? The sky's the limit.

What Urgan said! Sometimes I have crazy weeks and I just try to do what I can, even if it is only 1x week or 2x, that is still making progress or at least retaining strength. Even some lifting programs for older athletes are only set for 2x week as it is. you'll be okay!

• Like 1

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

For some reason I couldn't find this topic on my phone lol... It took me a while since I had to search it manually. 

So I'm still here! I didn't get lost. I did get a bit wild but it was intentional and I loved every bit! 

So I worked out last week on Thursday but for some reason my SS app updated and lost that record. So I'm not too sure of what I did!

Then my friends came Friday and it was awesome! We ate plenty, good food and chocolates and wtv. I counted no calories and had everything I was missing! We went to natural history museum, Harry Potter studios, Madame tussauds and the London dungeon. It was great! We also played lots of board games :)

Then they left and left me with a bad cold. And I had the brilliant idea of working out that day and got even worse and had to miss work... I did decrease my workload a bit since it had been a while. 

Squat: 55kg 3x3x3x3x3

OHP: 25kg 3x3x3x3x3

Deadlift: 60kg 3x3x3

Chinups w/ assistance of 26kg: 4x4x4x4

Dips w/ assistance of 19kg: 4x4x4x4

4x Hollow body progression. 

And let's see hoelw this goes! 

Nadoriel

NODDY'S GRINDING LOG

- - -

DeviantArt