Hello! I'm new and looking to level myself up

Here's the current me: I run a lot, I rarely strength train, I eat well all day and then eat too much in the evening, I've got a totally awesome four-year old, I juggle three jobs and feel overwhelmed all the time. Oh, and I've spent most of my life having people who I tell about my love of sci-fi making fun of me for it.

I discovered nerd fitness three days ago and I've read lots of the blogs and watched some of the videos. I think this may be my kind of place! So, here I am, feeling a little nervous about signing up (even when online, I'm a total introvert), but thinking I may have found an online home. I really like the approach of making small incremental changes that are sustainable, rather that doing something crazy for the short term. And I'm loving all the nerdy references.

To get it out there so I can hold myself accountable for it... here's what I want the future me to be more like: Run a lot, get stronger, have a healthy diet all day (which occasional treats!), have more quality time with my totally awesome four (and up)-year old, keep working hard but step it back slightly so I have balance and don't feel overwhelmed.

I grew up on ST:TNG and Dr Who and still love both, I like most sci fi movies as long as they aren't mindless (favorites are Blade Runner, Dark City and Cube). Stargate is my favorite tv show. It started while I was working on my PhD and my life consisted of research, thesis writing and watching stargate once a week. It's become like comfort food to me! I got my (now) husband hooked on it and it's my go to entertainment on the treadmill and even joined us in the delivery room when we had our child!

Welcome! Hope you find the balance you seek :)

On 7/15/2017 at 9:52 AM, Sabina said:

Oh, and I've spent most of my life having people who I tell about my love of sci-fi making fun of me for it.

Those people should be fired. Out of a cannon. Into the sun. :P

3 hours ago, Sabina said:

I grew up on ST:TNG and Dr Who and still love both, I like most sci fi movies as long as they aren't mindless (favorites are Blade Runner, Dark City and Cube). Stargate is my favorite tv show. It started while I was working on my PhD and my life consisted of research, thesis writing and watching stargate once a week. It's become like comfort food to me! I got my (now) husband hooked on it and it's my go to entertainment on the treadmill and even joined us in the delivery room when we had our child!

Nice.  I grew up with Picard, too.

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano