Overcoming these legs!

During High School I was always the 'bigger" friend. I NEVER wore shorts for sports because I was so embarrassed by my legs, particularly my calves. I remember a guy friend of my sister looking at me while they were all hanging out at my house one day ( Rare occasion, I was in basketball shorts) and he casually throws out that I "didn't even really have knees.) It was a cruel thing to say to a 15 year old girl and pretty much set my negative view of myself in stone. This viewpoint lasted through college and didn't really change until I was 21 and living life in Seattle with a new group of crazy friends that pretty much changed my life. They helped me get in shape by being a bunch of crazy hippie vegetarians and forcing me to eat what they cooked lol it worked for my upper body but no matter how many miles I ran or how much weight I packed into my weighted vest during some pretty hard core hikes I just couldn't get my legs and butt to shape up. Lunges and squats. so many squats. Still nothing. I got really discouraged and gave up. I have a big booty y'all. J Lo big. Big thick legs from a lifetime of ranch life and horse riding. I HATED it. Hate hate hated it. BIG legs? ugh. Disgusting.  Fast forward to the present time. I'm married and a mom now. Gained a little more weight. Husband loves my legs though, which is good because I've sense become pretty okay with them too. They just need some serious TLC. I'm 5'2 and i'm guessing maybe a 140 pounds? I'm not sure anymore lol I never weigh myself. So my husband has been a fan of weight training for a long time now and has gotten me started on it in prep for baby number 2, (healthy body helps with delivery let me tell you what) and so I can be completely happy with just being me. He's pretty awesome that way. So Here we are. I've just discovered this Nerd Fitness Paleo diet plan.. Pray for me because I'm not sure I'll be giving up coffee with cream and sugar. Sue me.  I was professional barista for 10 years and not drinking coffee is a sin. But I promise to follow everything else for the allotted 30 days without crying about it. Supprort me people!! I'm weak and love Pie. Lets get this fitness journey started! Wish me luck! 

• Like 4
8 hours ago, LishaSunder said:

Supprort me people!! I'm weak and love Pie.

LOLOL don’t we all.

Welcome and good luck on your journey! Feel free to drop by the Juice Bar if you'd like https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/99347-juice-bar-hangout-group-chat

Hi!  I too have large legs.  When I was 15 my brother and step-dad used to call me Thunder Thighs.  Yup!  Great for a teenaged girl's confidence that was. 

I'm 5'7" and I have been up to around 210(?) pounds at my largest and I'm sitting somewhere around 145(?) now but even though I'm pretty slight everywhere else, I still have 'sausage' legs. :unsure:   It's not that bad really but I still long for the day when I have slim, toned legs.  #wishfulthinking

Have you found your way around the forum ok?  Do you need any help figuring out the guilds, challenges, how to create your own character, or anything else?

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

These calves are the real challenge. I laugh(cry) during winter when every one is wearing the new boots. Sigh. My legs just get bigger the more I work out. Its a love/hate relationship. I'll never, ever have slim legs and that's okay. I'll just make my arms match so I look closer to Hulk. It's a solid plan. 

I'm fumbling around okay, I can't seem to find a picture small enough to work for the profile but was able to upload one to my quest site thingy. Whatevs. 

• Like 2

Ugh!  Yeah, boots!  I've always loved high boots (below the knee, but that's still high to me) but I was never able to get any that would fit around my calves.  I think with me it was because I did a lot of walking when I was a teenager and lived my life in hiking boots.  

Even now that I've lost a ton of weight I still have (to me at least) funny shaped calves.  It's like the muscles at the bottom of my calf (near the ankle) are over developed compared to the large muscle - the gastrocnemius. (Wow, thank you spell check!  I could not have spelled that right, Hell, I didn't even know it's name!  I had to google it in the first place!) :D 

3 hours ago, LishaSunder said:

I can't seem to find a picture small enough to work for the profile

On the subject of pictures... you might have seen that you can add pics as attachments, though the file size has to be minute!  If you want to add pics then the best way is to either upload them onto a file sharing site like Photobucket or Flkr and link to them (they embed automatically) or use Tapatalk, a forum app.  It lets you add pics direct from your phone without needing to upload them first.  If you want to insert pics or gifs from the internet then you can use google images, click "view image" then copy and paste the URL, again the forum embeds them automatically. 

It took me an age before I figured that out/was told about it. 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

On 7/17/2017 at 10:18 PM, LishaSunder said:

I'll never, ever have slim legs and that's okay. I'll just make my arms match so I look closer to Hulk. It's a solid plan. 

I think this is a badass plan!

I was a skinny kid but as I got older my thighs got bigger and bigger. I remember the first time my brother said I had “horse legs” and I was like “yep!”

Him: “You’re not insulted?”

Me: “You said the same thing about Beyonce, so… no.”

• Like 2