18 hours ago, Loyster said:

I was more thinking. Y'know. Anything but dips, but I'll add them haha

giphy.gif

Lol, they suck. I've see several warnings against loading dips much past bodyweight. Mostly broscience but I'm curious if anyone had more concrete info. I actually just dropped dips, too much benching on dip day, so it was grab an assist, or admit defeat and pick an exercise that assists bench better. 

Level 38 [TBD]

On 9/9/2017 at 3:23 AM, Laghail said:

Lol, they suck. I've see several warnings against loading dips much past bodyweight. Mostly broscience but I'm curious if anyone had more concrete info. I actually just dropped dips, too much benching on dip day, so it was grab an assist, or admit defeat and pick an exercise that assists bench better. 

lol Weighted dips used to kill my elbows back when I was strong enough to do them but they also helped me bench 105kg for a really ugly 3x10 on my old bench day. These days I do closed grip bench. Probably too early to tell if there is any carry over. Well. I have gone from 1 rep of 75kg to 9 reps of 75kg in a little over 2 months... Maybe? I really don't have the first clue. All of my accessories are picked based on old experience and what I've read in the T-Nation post that wendler did for 5/3/1 back in the day which he probably doesn't even agree with anymore.

• Like 1

Training update! 

This weekend I did foam rolling. A LOT OF FOAM ROLLING. I had my roller, and what is basically a lacrosse ball for the Americans and I hammered the shit out of everything from the lower back down with them. The second I was done I noticed that everything felt a million times better. I've been skipping round ever since without any of that annoying pain that I've been having lately.

Other fun thing. I found some videos I took of my self in the gym last night and noticed that on a few of them I was exaggerating breaking at the hips too much on my squat. This meant that the bar is directly over my knees for a lot of the descent instead of the middle of my foot. I now have something to work on. I never used to do that though which is annoying. I've watched one too many videos on youtube and I'm overthinking it instead of just fucking squatting down.

You must unlearn what you have learned

No gym tonight. I've got to go and be an adult tonight but I'll be making up the session later on in the week. Squat day tomorrow! 

• Like 4

C2:W4 DELOAD

12/9

SQUATS!

Warm up:

1x5 45kg

1x5 60kg

1x3 70kg

Main:

1x5 45kg

1x5 60kg

1x5 75kg

So. No box. I went in intending to just use the box and get through the sets but I did the warm up and it was nice and easy. I gave myself cues. No more than 3 steps during the unrack. Twist my feet outward inside my shoe. Open the knees. Drop down. Drive up from the hips. Everything was actually perfect and strangely my quads feel a lot more worked than normal. I think this is what I do from now on. If anyone can see anything drastically wrong with the vague description I'd love some input. I'll think about actually posting the lifts, but I'm still not sure I want video of my fat arse looking stupid on the internet. In truth, there is already too many of them.

BBB: Deadlift

3x10 70kg

1x9

1x5

I ran out of steam. Sick. Ugh.

Accessories:

None. Beginnings of a cold or something and my head is about ready to explode. Went home to pass out. The aim is to go to bed early and get some solid sleep

• Haha 1

C2:W4

13/9

Bench Press

Still sick. Got through it though. Ugh

Warm up:

1x5 35kg

1x5 45kg

1x3 50kg

Main:

3x5 (As above)

BBB: (OHP)

5x10 30kg (Getiing better. Got through them all)

Accessories:

Close grip bench: 3x10 50kg (This is starting to creep up now!)

Tri rope pulldowns: 5x10 20/30/40/50/20

Couldn't get anything else in. Feel like shite.

On September 12, 2017 at 3:23 AM, Loyster said:

C2:W4 DELOAD

12/9

SQUATS!

Warm up:

1x5 45kg

1x5 60kg

1x3 70kg

Main:

1x5 45kg

1x5 60kg

1x5 75kg

So. No box. I went in intending to just use the box and get through the sets but I did the warm up and it was nice and easy. I gave myself cues. No more than 3 steps during the unrack. Twist my feet outward inside my shoe. Open the knees. Drop down. Drive up from the hips. Everything was actually perfect and strangely my quads feel a lot more worked than normal. I think this is what I do from now on. If anyone can see anything drastically wrong with the vague description I'd love some input. I'll think about actually posting the lifts, but I'm still not sure I want video of my fat arse looking stupid on the internet. In truth, there is already too many of them.

Hahaha. I'm sure you could also convince some nerds to review the video in an NF groups private message rather than posting it to the Internet. I upload my videos to google photos so I can use a link to share with some of these fine people privately. 

I am pretty sure though that your arse doesn't look any more stupid than any of these other arses I've seen around these nerdy parts. 

• Haha 1

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

9 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Hahaha. I'm sure you could also convince some nerds to review the video in an NF groups private message rather than posting it to the Internet. I upload my videos to google photos so I can use a link to share with some of these fine people privately. 

I am pretty sure though that your arse doesn't look any more stupid than any of these other arses I've seen around these nerdy parts. 

HA! It's too tempting to say that my arse looks great, it's the rest of me I'm not sure about haha

That's a a really really good idea. I have everything from this computer backed up on the cloud anyway, so I may set up a public shared folder and have a play. I suppose I can always edit the links out of my posts later on anyway. I don't mind the odd photo but I'm pretty aware of what I put on the interwebs being the paranoid IT guy that I am.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Loyster said:

HA! It's too tempting to say that my arse looks great, it's the rest of me I'm not sure about haha

That's a a really really good idea. I have everything from this computer backed up on the cloud anyway, so I may set up a public shared folder and have a play. I suppose I can always edit the links out of my posts later on anyway. I don't mind the odd photo but I'm pretty aware of what I put on the interwebs being the paranoid IT guy that I am.

Well.... I was trying to say you could post in the Warriors general chat thread and be like hey would anyone review my form check video. And then you can just message a link to those people so you don't have to post publicly. NF has a direct/private message feature. :D

• Like 1

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

C2:W4 DELOAD (pfft)

14/9

Deadlift

Warm up:

1x5 50kg

1x5 65kg

1x3 75kg

Main:

3x5 (As above)

BBB: (Squat)

5x10 60kg

Accessories:

None. I'm dead. My lower back is completely fried.

OK so my squat was incredibly strong tonight. I felt freaking fantastic. Like I was going to throw up and everything was going to explode, but strong and surprisingly great! 

Tomorrow I'm going rock climbing, drinking beer and eating dumplings. Life is pretty good haha

• Haha 1

Everything hurts.That was the least deloady, deload week I've ever done.

Tried to wake up early and hit the gym for my last day of the week but that didn't happen. Unless I get an uncontrollable urge to work out tomorrow during the day I'm going to call rock climbing making up for the overhead press day and skip the workout on my app.

Diet and goal update:

Today is the first day of Keto (Proper Keto). I am going to be doing this for the next 3 months, longer maybe depending on results and cravings. Me and the wonderfully supportive better half are going to be doing this to drop a few kegs in the next few months. 

I'm going to be calorie and macro tracking and I'm going to try to add it to the log. Like a lot of other people in these parts I can't promise to do it every day but I may bulk upload the diet stats once a week. 

Aiming for 2000-2200 calories a day and keeping under 15% carbs for the first fortnight as I get used to this again. My aim is to be under 70g a day. From previous experience from Keto and peeing on sticks this'll be fine to keep me in ketosis. I'll dial it in over the next few weeks to under 50g and will hope to go lower if needed.

This obviously changes my goals, but truth is I've been eating to gain weight for the last 6 months. I lost 5-10cm  from my waist(Not sure I didn't track properly), I can see my lats again and my legs are a completely different shape so I've bulked reasonabnly successfully without changing my weight in any serious way.

Starting weight was 105kg and now I weight 109kg. I'll start a cut and change my calories up depending on strength and stamina loss. This entire process is going to be a trial to learn what works best for me. Last time I did keto, I didn't make many gains, but I did lose a ton of fat without losing any strength, so if that happens again I guess I'll be pretty happy. Then again I was doing a really crap bro split in the gym last time too...

So my first goal. Mini goal is to just be under 100kg and my main weight goal is going to be 90kg. I'm not putting a time frame on this though because I want to also be 15% body fat. I suspect there will be another mini bulk in my future to get to this. Maybe. I should properly get an assessment done on my lean body mass vs fat vs whatever the hell else it is that people find out about themselves.

TL;DR I'm starting keto. 2000-2200 cals -15%carbs for the first 2 weeks. -10% the next 2 weeks. Assess with sticks from there. Drop from 109 to under 100 for first mini goal

5/3/1 update:

I'm going to continue the way I'm going. It's not recommended to do BBB while cutting which I completely understand, but I crave the volume, and if I go down to 40% 1rm and focus on speed, that plus my tabata battling ropes should be great conditioning to lose fat while at the very least maintaining strength. I'm going to play it by ear and see how I go. If the DOMS increase too dramatically from lack of food and carbs I'll obviously have to reassess.

I'm giving the next month a trial and I may have a goal log next month with this in mind depending on how I go while finding what works and what doesn't.

TL;DR Nothing is changing in my weight/conditioning routine

• Like 1

C3:W1

18/9

SQUAT

Warm up:

1x5 50kg

1x5 60kg

1x3 75kg

Main:

1x5 80kg

1x5 90kg

1x5 105kg (Couldn't do anymore. Ran out of steam)

BBB: Deadlift

3x10 65kg (Dead)

Accessories:

leg raise all of them 5x12 up to 100

farmers carry: 25kg DB x god knows the distance 100m x 5 times

Cardio:

Tabata ropes

5min Elliptical

Weights felt light on my back but fucking heavy as trying to get out of the hole. Ugh.I got nothing!

4 minutes ago, Laghail said:

Play some pokemon yo. Hatch them eggs.

haha funny! If you check my wearable history you can see when I first got and when I got over Pokemon Go. Average steps went from 13000+ to 5000 a day. I might have to give it a second chance. When I'm not so starving. I'm currently looking at a protein bar and wishing it was banana bread. 

• Haha 1

19/9

BENCH

I won't be hitting any PRs anytime soon.

Warm up:

1x5 35kg

1x5  45kg

1x3 50kg

Main:

1x5  55kg

1x5  65kg

1x5  75kg (Just had no strength. Still getting used to no carb I guess?)

BBB:  Overhead Press

5x10 32.5kg

Accessories:

Close grip bench: 3x10 50kg

Tricep rope pulldown: 3x10 whatever 3/4/5 means. Pretty sure each step is 10lbs 

Cardio:

Tabata ropes

Diet:

Monday: 2144cals 49g carb

Tuesday:  2174cals 50g carb

So far so good. Definitely feeling beat to shit lately and I'm pretty sure it's because I went from 200g of carbs to 50 with no turn around or warning or scaling down. Though last night I did have a work emergency with lead me to sitting at the table with my laptop eating quest bars and coke zero until 1am so I should probably log that for today... Also had a beer because I was pissed off with the whole thing. Beer is advertised as low sugar/carb so there is that? Right?

Rest day today. Everything hurts and I need it.

Last random thought. First time I tried bulletproof coffee I hated it. I was looking forward to it this morning though. Acquired taste, or doing what I need to?

7 minutes ago, Loyster said:

Last random thought. First time I tried bulletproof coffee I hated it. I was looking forward to it this morning though. Acquired taste, or doing what I need to?

I like my coffee with cream and nothing else, but @Wild Wolf and @Tanktimus the Encourager have bulletproofed a coffee or two.

• Like 1

Level 38 [TBD]

20/9

REST!

Diet: 2100 cals 55g carbs (23g sugars, so I'm on target, right?)

Steps: 7500ish (Had a 2 hour meeting with the bank, so didn't get to walk, eh. Whatever. Still pretty good considering)

I'm still getting used to this diet so I'm just overall a little fuzzy at the moment. Pretty sure I need a bloody holiday.

Tonight is deadlift and squat BBB. I'm definitely NOT feeling pumped up for it. Last working set is 110kg AMRAP so I should hit that PR but it'll be the only thing I progress in the near future I suspect. I know it's a goal shift, and I'm on a caloric deficit but I was really starting to get used to actually progressing every week.

Right now I'm at work and about to go office space on a couple of printers. May not need to work out later. Will post pics if I go postal.

Edit: down a kg in 3 days. Dat water weight!

21/9

Deadlift

Still no PR. Ugh. I don't mind the weight too heavy, it's just I have no energy to complete the reps before wanting to pass out. I'm going to scale back the volume going forward and build back up once I have some level of normalcy again.

Warm up:

1x5 50kg

1x5  65kg

1x3 80kg

Main:

1x5  85kg

1x5  100kg

1x5 110kg (ugh. UGH)

BBB:  SQUAT

1x3 60kg (I knew I wasn't making it to 10, so I stopped, increased the weight and scaled back so I could still get in a decent workout.

3x5 70kg

Accessories:

Lat pulldown: 3x10 80

No more. Went home because ugh.

Calories: 2073 36g carbs (12 of which were sugar)

Steps: 9460

• Like 1