re what program to run, depends on your goals!

I have basically been running 5-3-1 on a zero-accessory, no AMRAP model, with +1 more working set on the last set of the day and forcing small progressions for a long time. It allows me to squeeze 2-3 lifts into 1 session. Or you could do 1 lift + endurance (either your kettlebell hell OR say, a longer run on the TM or Airdyne intervals etc). 

• Like 1

my journey to kickass-dom

E1RM: SQ: 130.9kg (Jul18); BP: 103.2kg (Aug18); DL: 150kg (Jun18); 
FSQ: 103.2kg (May18); OHP: 66.9kg (Dec17); PP: 72.5kg (Jul18)
2.4km/Cooper's Test: (10:22, Jun18)
Vitals: 40 yo, 1.7m, 74kg (Jul18)

18/5

Over head press

Working sets only

1x5 40kg
1x5 45kg
1x3 50kg
1x1 60kg
0x1 65kg

I wanted to get some heavier work in so switched to split jerks

1x3 70kg
1x2 75kg
1x1 80kg on a weird note. I've never done these before. Felt amazing!! Definitely adding them to whatever routine I choose

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

re what program to run, depends on your goals!

I have basically been running 5-3-1 on a zero-accessory, no AMRAP model, with +1 more working set on the last set of the day and forcing small progressions for a long time. It allows me to squeeze 2-3 lifts into 1 session. Or you could do 1 lift + endurance (either your kettlebell hell OR say, a longer run on the TM or Airdyne intervals etc). 
I'm thinking at the moment that 5/3/1 might win the day with minimal extras and fluff and more focus on conditioning on off days and around my workouts.

Definitely need more kettle bells in my life though. They were fun.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

IT'S BEEN A GOOD WEEK

So i"m updating less, but I'm updating.

Here are the highlights of this week

Monday

Deadliftin'

Worked up to 3x5 120kg

3x10 80kg

Bent over rows: 4x10 70kg

5x5 Power snatches 40kg DAMN!

5x5 Clean and Jerk 50kg

Tuesday

Bench

Worked up to 5x5 70kg

Wednesday

Squat

Worked up to 5x5 105kg (For this I foam rolled for about 40 minutes the night before really focusing on my it band, and my hamstrings and it completely took away all my knee pain. I got to the gym and played with my stance. Widened it and pointed my toes out a bit more. Kept the weight at a place where I didn't think I'd ever not be able to complete the reps, and it was easy. EASY. The last 2 reps on the last set where a bit of a grind but all in all this was fantastic. Haven't had knee pain since!)

Snatches Singles. 5x1 40kg I'm finally starting to feel stable.

Thursday

Overhead Press

Worked up to 5x5 50kg

3x5 Split jerk 60kg

Saturday - What I plan on doing

Kettlebell routine

Sunday - Maybe... lol

Yoga. Found a male friendly place nearby (Yes this is actually an issue in the hick town I live in)

I'm going to keep going through the motions for a while. I'm taking a break from structured routine because of boredom. Same reason I'm taking a break from keto. My life was structured to the point where it just wasn't enjoyable, so I'm taking a step back and just making sure I have some fun for the next few months.

This week was fun. Combining a bit of oly, with powerlifting with some bodybuilding and some crossfit even with cardio and endurance made me really look forward to going to the gym this week which is a headspace I shouldn't struggle to get to.

Oh Oh! Anyone who checks in from time to time. Sports watches? What you all like? I have the garmin vivosomething 3 at the moment but the band is broken, so I'm going to look at upgrading it to something with replaceable bands. I was fat when I got it, and it was smallish on my wrist at the time, so it's been well and truly smashed. I'm still fat, but a lot less fat now...

God I want abs lol

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Loyster said:

Oh Oh! Anyone who checks in from time to time. Sports watches? What you all like? I have the garmin vivosomething 3 at the moment but the band is broken, so I'm going to look at upgrading it to something with replaceable bands. I was fat when I got it, and it was smallish on my wrist at the time, so it's been well and truly smashed. I'm still fat, but a lot less fat now...

God I want abs lol

I hear that along with abs comes a sense of human worth and purpose. #livingthedream

Level 38 [TBD]

Week of 28th

Monday

Deadlift

Worked up to 130kg 5x3

Tuesday

Couldn't be bothered because I was travelling for work and exhausdted

Wednesday

Bench

Worked up to 80kg 3x5 This felt way heavier than it should of

Thursday

Squat

Tried to go for 5x5 110kg but I dunno. Extra fucking gravity or something with the giant arse moon lately...

Ended up doing 5x3 110kg - Will try to do the full 5x5 next week

ran 3km to play with my new watch.

Friday - Haven't done yet

Work up to 90% amrap

Bunch of oly shit

run a couple km

05/06

Deadliftin'

Back to normal. I don't know what else to do yet, so I'm voting on some structure with some fun mixed in

Warm up:

1x5 60kg

1x5 70kg

1x5 85kg

Main:

1x5 95kg

1x5 110kg

1x1 120kg - It was meant to be an amrap, but I felt something in my stomach muscles which hurt like fuck, so I gave up

BBB:

4x8 60kg front squat Because I felt  pain but thought screw it.

Ugh Death. No accessories. I wanted to row but I didn't want to hurt my side any further. Pain was I'm guessing in my Serratus? Side, abby parts?

Cardio:

3km run

1km walk

7/6

Squat

Warm up:

1x5 60kg

1x5 70kg

1x5 80kg

Main:

1x5 90kg

1x5 100kg

1x5 105kg (I was meant to do an amrap, but I saw a dude squatting 150kg and I felt the need to go up in weight. In hindsight I should of just busted out an easy 10 reps and got the damn PR)

1x1 120kg

1x1 130kg

1x0 140kg - Fuck! WHY YOU SO HARD

Accessories:

N/A

Cardio:

5km run

8/6

Overhead Press

Warm up:

1x5 20kg

1x5 25kg

1x5 30kg

Main:

1x5 35kg

1x5 40kg

5x5 42.5kg

Accessories:

Seated DB shoulders 3x10

Cardio:

5km run

These runs are getting easier, BUT. Treadmills aren't running. If it wasn't for the fact that I know I'd die of an asthma attack I'd be trying to get outdoors with these.

9 and 10/6

Cardio stuffs

Saturday

5km hike up Mount Maunganui. 

With a few stops, and stuffing around I think it took about an hour and a half to get to the top and bottom

Sunday

5km walk around town. I wasn't going to do this, but me and the wife had a couple beers each and didn't want to drive (couldn't drive legally), and were hungry... I don't know if a half cut walk counts as proper cardio, but I'm going to anyway because it definitely made a huge impact on activity on the garmin.

Good times! 

In  other news, I love this new watch. The Vivoactive 3 is awesome. In a fortnight we're going to go Mountain Biking in Rotorua and I'm going to give it a bit of a play with the biking features.