[Harrgath] Cry Havoc: Exile & Rebirth

cy4IKRR.gif

U2ABegAWo0cAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

PRELUDE: Though the storm around me continues to rage, there is some peace to be found in its eye.

I’ve looked into the very heart of the Dark itself, but I haven’t emerged unscathed.

Like the ancient battlefields of our ancestors fought across the cosmos, I gain ground at times only to lose it hours or days later. The Rurik of days past would never have acknowledged let alone outright admitted to the weaknesses in my character but the scars which were once only inside seem to find their way to the surface in such a way that few escape notice. Maybe I sound melodramatic – and perhaps I am a bit – but exposition seems to be the only factor keeping my tenuous hold on sanity. One day the burden of my destiny became too much and I lost touch with reality, my path veiled behind a cloak of shadows, and I found myself without the Force to guide my way.

This is my story.

Starting weight baseline:  207 lbs.

CrossFit Skill Metrics:  CrossFit Metrics

82RdV9PwvfzYE+WctifAAAAAASUVORK5CYII=  BIOCHEMICAL ALCHEMY

• RP Plan & MyFitnessPal Tracking 5 of 7 days/week:  ☐☐☐☐  [Challenge Total:  ☐☐☐☐]
  • Mindful Moment before meals  [Challenge Total: __ ]

vPHpWka1qMxf8PqLxv0vGBo+qXfR+xkAAAAASUVO  TACTICAL ADVANTAGE

• 4 CrossFit classes per week:  ☐☐☐☐  [Challenge Total:  ☐☐☐☐]
  • Visit the Sanctum of Inner Sight (Happy Place™) daily:  ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐
  • 3 sessions of “something resembling meditation” per week:  ☐☐☐

h37d5x9FTdAlUMn+UgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==  SELF-IMPROVEMENT JUNKIE

• Post a daily challenge update 4 of 7 days/week:  ☐☐☐☐  [Challenge Total:  ☐☐☐☐]

To-Do list…

• Read:  Focus on your N.U.T.S.
  • Minimalize:  Liquidate personal vendor trash. 
  • Test:  Weightlifting totals for Hot and Heavy Heroic Hefting 2017 

CHALLENGE INSPIRATION: This challenge is dedicated to the fallen Jedi, the Paladins who've lost their Light, and the mercenaries who fight for nothing.  When you lose your purpose and your hope, the world seems to hide behind an impenetrable mist and your days plagued by overcast weather.  All a man can do is find his own way through the stars; it may not be the destiny full of triumph and grandeur he might have hoped for, yet even survival itself can be a trial worthy of celebration. I see a familiar face in the rearview mirror but there's a crack in the reflection. Yet even if I cannot see the forest for the trees, that isn't to say I've lost sight of who I am.  That much, at least, is something tangible I can cling to: a foundation worth setting out from, the cockpit of a starship from which to chart a new course.

tumblr_nxm44yPdlk1s2wio8o3_1280.gif

“Always work harder than you feel capable.  That way, your enemies will never know your limits.” 

“The only thing better than having a Mandalorian’s mind is having a Mandalorian’s heart.”

-    Mandalorian proverbs.

• Like 12

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

STAR WARS:  I, Mandalore

By Rurik Harrgath.

NAR SHADDAA, the Smuggler’s Moon.

Only lightning quick reflexes enabled the man to dodge the remnants of a durasteel table hurled across the cantina. 

To the casual observer, the armored figure might have been considered almost comically over-armed.  His belt proudly displayed numerous pouches for gear and equipment, but more than a handful of grenades were present as well.  In matching of drop-holsters on each thigh sat paired blaster pistols, their grips worn from usage.  The hilt of a large survival knife peeked above its sheath beside one pistol and similarly another hilt, one of a much larger beskad machete was visible above his broad shoulders.  Everywhere his silver and olive Mandalorian beskar’gam armor, battered and dented from a lifetime of use and abuse, covered a bodysuit of the inky dark mating of chocolate and charcoal.

Not the sort of figure the average sentient would pick a fight with but when the sentient in question was a hulking brute of a Houk the word average no longer applied, and certainly not when the Houk suspected the man bedecked in Mandalorian armor came on behalf of a hefty bounty mark placed by a leading member of the Hutt cartels.

Patrons of the shabby cantina scattered as the table was torn from its bolted roots.  Scanning its trajectory using the heads-up display in his helmet, the man in armor leapt from the floor, spun aside against the table’s momentum to bleed off much of its violent impact, and hit the ground running.  A quick charge and heavy shoulder tackle was intercepted by the bulky Houk, who grappled he Mandalorian with little effort and hammered a thick elbow on the man’s helmeted head.  The hunter dropped to his hands and knees, in doing so activating a taser concealed in his gauntlet.  The jab of electrified prongs into the Houk’s meaty thigh overloaded the humanoid’s nervous system.  Leaping to his feet, the hunter landed a vicious jab to the creature’s midsection and an elbow to the chin that dropped the Houk like a sack of rotten foodstuffs.

Having barely elevated his heart rate, let alone broke a sweat or escalated his breathing any marked degree, and knowing he could have ended the fight in any of a hundred and one ways with any number of weapons secured on his person, Rurik Harrgath cracked a smile behind the dark confines of the T-visor on his helmet.  Few in the galaxy were capable of going toe-to-toe with a mature Houk, especially one known to the citizenry of Nar Shaddaa as the wayward former security chief for Narlo the Hutt.  After betraying his former employer, the Houk must have known his number would come up sooner or later, and the cost of disappointing one of the most powerful members of the ruthless Hutt cartels was substantial - both in personal cost and in credits.  Rurik was all too pleased to call in the credit-chip himself.  Besides, he knew the value of maintaining the myth-like legends surrounding Mandalorian combat ability, and adding another notch to his own considerable epitaph never hurt either.

• Like 8

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Good to see you back, Rurik!

• Like 1

Rangers Gonna Ranger

Current Challenge: The Adventures of Rhovaniel: Vol I

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25

2021 Quests:

Run 3 Laps of Oblivion| Run and Complete Man vs Lakes | Achieve a full pull up| Achieve 10+ unbroken push ups| Write 90,000+ words of a novel (0/90,000)| Read at least 20 books (4/20)

Good to have you back friend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thank you for the kind words, friends.

I tested my Weightlifting total for the Hot and Heavy Heroic Hefting 2017 virtual competition the Warriors are hosting to defend my Overall WL Champion title.

Bummed I missed the Snatch PR because it was so bloody close (just caught the bar a little too far forward) but made up for it with a 5# PR on my Clean & Jerk.

Smoked that bad boy like...

tmtzhc9jke0ynfrl0pea.gif

• Like 10

Glad to have you back, you were missed.

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Welcome to the Forums, Rurik Harrgath, my names Wild Wolf :) My friends call me Wolfie...

HAHAH!! WOOT WOOT! Fuck yeah-glad to see you brother.

giphy.gif

Wolf

• Like 4

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

/falls over dead.

HAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII RURIK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAI!

HAI!

HAI!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Level 77 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

EDIT: I fucking hate these forums. Won't let me use either of my gifs.

Salut, friends! Thank you for the further kind words and familiar faces popping by!

I was hoping to start my week like this...

Awesome gif of the Gunslinger from The Dark Tower doing a sweet dive off a platform firing his twin revolvers.gif

But reality is the situation is more of a war of attrition against me so I've been playing the survival game trying to make it through my work week. Getting back to the gym was nice on the weekend but I haven't since; class tonight and through Friday ought to help out there. I won't bore you with a challenge update that won't have any checkboxes on it, so here's Jason Momoa being Momoa-y.

Changed my mind. Here's Aquaman demonstrating an accurate representation of my headspace this week.

Mega Sweet gif of Jason Momoa as Aquaman halting a torrential wave with his trident.gif

Alone I remain,

Bereft.

But I shall withstand the tide.

Indomitable.

• Like 8

18 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Changed my mind. Here's Aquaman demonstrating an accurate representation of my headspace this week.

Mega Sweet gif of Jason Momoa as Aquaman halting a torrential wave with his trident.gif

You've got this man! Just ask yourself WWJMD?

Hmm, perhaps we should make bracelets...

• Like 2

Level 11 Hobbit Brewmaster

Half Ranger, Half Druid, Completely Ridiculous

Instagram

Current Challenge: Mizbrek Studies with the Order of the Broken Temple

Past Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Rurik!!! Somehow didn't stumble upon your thread until now.  Sorry you're having a bit of a crappy time, especially with your glorious return here.  BUT that's life, right?  It's in the past now so just keep moving forward.  We've all got your back - just keep doing what you can as time and headspace allows.

the-dark-tower.gif?w=750

• Like 2

Found your thread my friend, you got this, now just don't give up.

• Like 4

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Day 2 of the Retern to CrossFit.

Day 1 of actually putting my head down and tracking my meals on MFP - spoiler alert, I'm already over my macros but not drastically and at least I tracked them.

On 2017-07-27 at 8:50 AM, Terra said:

I tried to figure out the first gif with no luck...  

pretty sure this is your second one...

Nailed it. ;)

On 2017-07-27 at 0:03 PM, Mizbrek said:

You've got this man! Just ask yourself WWJMD?

Hmm, perhaps we should make bracelets...

More like barbarian wrist bracers, right?

2Q==

On 2017-07-29 at 8:09 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Found your thread my friend, you got this, now just don't give up.

Don't mind me, I'm just struggling through an existential crisis. I haven't given up yet, I'm just not overburdened with an abundance of give a damns.

It sounds much worse than it is, I think.

10 hours ago, Terra said:

#MomoaMondays for funsies

We're probably overdue for some #MomoaMonday around here after my absence.

• Like 5

I hit a 300lb Jerk from the rack today.

And it was easy AF.

Boom, mother-effers.  I'll update later.  ;)

• Like 3