• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

M.K21

I need help with bodybuilding(I have Colitis)

Hello all!Long story short I have ulcerative colitis that is in remission now, but I have been training for almost 3 years and think to myself, what am I to do?I barely advance and can't seem to anymore than what I am at the moment!
Does anyone have any nutrition tips?I really am in the dark with this thing and I finally ask for help since I don't know what to do anymore :(

Yikes I just googled colitis, I'm super sorry to hear about that.

ill level with you we are a board of enthusiasts. With any medical condition it's best to consult your doctor, before doing any major fitness or dietary changes.

if you have that advice and can bring it here we can help more. But go see your dr first.

Oh no Garris, you misunderstand I don't ask for how to keep my illness in line I know that, I ask if anyone has any experience how to build muscle with it. 

49 minutes ago, M.K21 said:

Oh no Garris, you misunderstand I don't ask for how to keep my illness in line I know that, I ask if anyone has any experience how to build muscle with it. 

Ah my mistake.

there are lots of guys and gals with more experience than myself.

But my basic understanding is that in order to build muscle you need protein. I believe the number I see thrown around is 1 gram per lbs of lean bodyweight.

You also need to be in a calorie surplus (eating over your basic maintenance calories)

after that hat it depends on how you want to work out.

hahah yeah I know my homework, all that even.The thing is how does one deal with the fact the illness is a handicap you see?

PS:ULTRAMARINES!

2 hours ago, M.K21 said:

hahah yeah I know my homework, all that even.The thing is how does one deal with the fact the illness is a handicap you see?

PS:ULTRAMARINES!

Ah ok hmm.

well can you identify what it is that's holding you back or preventing your progress. For example does the Colitis make it difficult to eat as much as you need to?

or I guess maybe what I'm trying to ask is. How do you feel it is handicapping your progress?

Honestly I've had many theories on what it might be.First off I onviously suspected my training regime but I have an instructor and well the workouts are on point,tired as hell sore as hell the next day pain so much.

After that I went to the theory that it's my eating and well I have somewhat closed it.

Eating many meats carbs protein fats as well of course.I've tried to do 6000 calories a day but all that did was  eat the wallet and make me hold alot of water.

I tried eating every two hours,nope three hours,nope ,I've tried mass gainers didn't help at all at the moment I'm drinkig Optimum nutritions gold whey after a workouy with two bananas.

Rice potatoes oats chicken beef pork.many othert vegetables fruits.Pretty much everythinh I feel at the moment.And I've pretty much surrendered to the idea that I can't gain any muscle anymore.As much as I asked my instructor and all hd has no experience with this really.He knows his stuff but this?Sadlu no.I'm pretty much down to hoping someone helps me somewhere on the internet.Saying that my cade is unique is an understatement.

What are you using to measure/determine body composition changes?  

How often are you taking measurements?

How long after you make a major dietary change do you decide that it isn't working?

Can you post an example or two of your weekly workouts (trainers tend to favor a certain type of training and have issues teaching other methods..so while you might be sore, if you aren't being trained for hypertrophy that much you won't see progress in regards to bodybuilding)?

Do you take progress photos?

On 7/25/2017 at 5:33 PM, Ajaxus said:

What are you using to measure/determine body composition changes?  

How often are you taking measurements?

How long after you make a major dietary change do you decide that it isn't working?

Can you post an example or two of your weekly workouts (trainers tend to favor a certain type of training and have issues teaching other methods..so while you might be sore, if you aren't being trained for hypertrophy that much you won't see progress in regards to bodybuilding)?

Do you take progress photos?

Absolutely I measure myself every month on the 5th date, my back hand and Weist.I com,t care about weight because I often get allot of water and get it removed after.Our workouts are pretty much  always supersets.imagine bench press +flies push ups and some dips.legs squats with the bar squat then jump(it's out thing) and pretty much everything  you can do with dumbbells.Our trainer is a big no no of machines.we do pull ups deadlines and all the rest I  remember.